PDA

View Full Version : Can't load Saitek X52 pro 64bit profile

salmo
12-03-2011, 02:24 AM
I have a Saitek X52 pro stick & throttle. DL'd & installed the Samrt-technology 64bit profile editor, I can edit * save the profile file OK, but I can't find how to load the *.pro file to the stick for gameplay. Any help appreciated.

SEE
12-03-2011, 02:41 AM
When you connect the X52 you should see an Icon of your X52 in the task bar. Left click on the icon and your saved profille should be listed - just click on it and it downloads = the icon will change coloue and the profile name will appear in the MFD panel.

If the profile isn't listed when you click on the icon then it has been saved in the wrong location. Search for a folder called Saitek SD6 Profiles and see if its in there - if its not you need to find the saved file and move it into that folder.

salmo
12-03-2011, 03:57 AM
I upgraded from 32bit to 64bit drivers. The taskbar icon says "Saitek X52 control system", but when I click on it I can get these options...

1. Clear profile
2. Clear startup
3. Profile editor
4. Control panel

There is not a "load profile" option. I do have a C:\Program Files\Saitek\SD6 folder but there is no profiles sub-folder. I've tried creating one & puting my edited *.pro into it, but the Saitek X52 control system does not recognise it. Think I'll just go back to the tried & true 32bit program.

SEE
12-03-2011, 04:20 AM
The Saitek SD6 folder is created when you installed the SST software all profiles are stored in this folder and not a sub folder.

When you click on the icon you should see the name of the profile that you saved (along with any other profiles you create and save) - that is what you select by clicking on it.

You need to use the 64bit drivers on your system and also the 64bit version of SST program on your system.

You could try removing the SST programme using the Add/Remove programmes in control panel and re-installing it but the reason you cannot see your saved profile is because for some reason SST has stored it in the wrong place.

salmo
12-03-2011, 06:10 AM
OK, I have a dummy profile saved (just a couple of Function keys mapped to X52 Pro buttons), the profile appeaks OK when the editor icon is activated. But when I click on the profile name I get an error window that says "Salmo.pr0 does not contain a profile for this device. The device has not been profiled" error.

335th_GRAthos
12-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Not quite sure I understand but I can explain how it works with my Saitek and maybe you can find out what you need:

The Profile Editor is used to allocate keystrokes or keystroke combinations to your joysticks.
At the top dropdown menu it always shows which joystick you are currently setting up (X45, throttle, rudders etc etc).
Always select the Joystick picture (in order to be sure you are allocating keystrokes to the joystick you want to use and not to a different joystick tan the one you have) and then proceed to the buttons table.

The Saitek joysticks you have are shown (if properly installed) as small icons on the bottom right of your taskbar. One for each joystick.
In my case, I have four icons: One for X45, one for throttle quadrant, one for second throttle quadrant, one for rudders. The icons are black.
I go with the mouse on top of the icon I want (e.g. X45) I right-click with he mouse and I see the list of available profiles I have created with the profiler.
I select the profile I have preparedfor my X45. The profile loads and the black icon get a green background colour to indicate that a profile is loaded.
I right-click upon the second throttle quadrant icon and I select the profile I have prepared for the throttle quadrant. This icon now also gets a green background.

I have loded the two profile I need (one for the X45 and one for the second throttle quadrant).

IF I load a profile on the wrong joystick e.g. I load the X45 profile on the Throttle quadrant, I get the error message you mentioned.

I hope it helps.

~S~

Dano
12-03-2011, 05:55 PM
You might need to completely redo your profiles, I did when I switched from 32-bit SST to 64-bit SST.

Would be my guess too, incompatiabilities between the two versions I suspect. Sucks :(

darky1
12-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Try this one it works fine for me as its my set up from my machine also a 64bit machine
http://driverscollection.com/?H=X52%20Pro&By=Saitek

salmo
12-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Thanks everyone. I have the latest drivers. Yes, I'm creating a new profile from scratch. Yes, I'm using the 64bit X52 pro profiler. Yes, I've uninstalled & reinstalled devices. The "Salmo.pr0 does not contain a profile for this device. The device has not been profiled" persists. Googling the problem suggests that I could be making a X52 profile, and that the X52 & the X52 pro profiles are incompatible with each other. This is not the case, I definitely have the X52 PRO profiler. Also, I've dowloaded ready-made X52 PRO profiles & they fail to load & give the same error.

335th_GRAthos
12-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Did you ensure this???

...At the top dropdown menu it always shows which joystick you are currently setting up (X45, throttle, rudders etc etc).
Always select the Joystick picture (in order to be sure you are allocating keystrokes to the joystick you want to use and not to a different joystick tan the one you have) and then proceed to the buttons table.

~S~

salmo
12-04-2011, 07:55 AM
No top-dop-down menu I'm afraid. I'm using the 64bit profiler from Saitek. The file name is called Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64 downloaded from ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/Smart_Technology_7_0_2_7_64bit.exe

335th_GRAthos
12-04-2011, 10:03 AM
No top-dop-down menu I'm afraid. I'm using the 64bit profiler from Saitek. The file name is called Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64 downloaded from ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/Smart_Technology_7_0_2_7_64bit.exe

Hold on a sec,

The file Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64 is the drivers for your joystick so that it is properly recognised as a joystick in Win7
Similarly, I have the drivers Saitek_X45_Flight_Controller_SD6_64_DRIVERS.exe & Saitek_Pro_Flight_Rudder_Pedals_SD6_64.exe installed.

What about the Profiler SW???
What I am using is the SST_Software_64_6_6_6_9.exe (229Mb)
This is the one I use for all my Saitek joysticks (although I do not have a X52Pro to give a direct opinion on your HW).

I see there is also a 19Mb Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64_Software_.e xe
Have you installed this?

The ftp has a nice list of drivers... ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/

I can not be sure but I think you should check whether the SST_Software_64_6_6_6_9.exe (229Mb) is compatible with your X52Pro and if so, download this one and install it.

my 2cents...

~S~

salmo
12-04-2011, 10:48 AM
My bad, I meant Smart_Technology_7_0_2_7_64bit file for the profiler.

335th_GRAthos
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM
OK, then,

you should check whether the SST_Software_64_6_6_6_9.exe (229Mb) is compatible with your X52Pro and if so, download this one and install it.

~S~

zl2bmh
12-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Hello All.

Why use SST at all, can smeone tell me that. I have CLoD and a X52Pro controller, and just configured the game from the 'keys and axis'. No need for SST. I am very interested to know why SST is used.
regards,
zl2bmh jim.

335th_GRAthos
12-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Hello All.

Why use SST at all, can smeone tell me that. I have CLoD and a X52Pro controller, and just configured the game from the 'keys and axis'. No need for SST. I am very interested to know why SST is used.
regards,
zl2bmh jim.

How about pressing the key ... on your joystick and that will:
Open the cockpit
open radiator
open oil radiator
turn off mirror
turn fuel cock on
select eng #1
turn magneto on eng#1
set prop pitch to 12:00 eng#1
set throttle to 20% eng #1
start engine #1
select eng #2
turn magneto on eng#2
set throttle to 20% eng #1
set prop pitch to 12:00 eng#2
set throttle to 20% eng #2
start engine #2
select all engines
(with all the required delays between the keystrokes)

or a key to
eject the cockpit cover
bail out

;)

Flying H
12-11-2011, 02:44 PM
SST is there so you´ll be able to configure 3 modes and 2 shiftsates to all your buttons on the stick. If you learn to set it up to full you´ll rarely have to use your KB! AND you can activate your setup with two clicks from your taskbar icon. That´s the beauty of the SST! If you don´t use the full features of the stick and supporting programs you should have bought a lesser (cheaper) setup!

zahnartz62
12-20-2011, 03:54 PM
I have an ingame profile which includes many key board keys to keep it simple. I have the x52pro with updated sst SW..I would like to use the modes and mulitple key commands as mentioned above but was not sure it would work in CoD.. If I do a new SST profile, may I assign command keys as I choose, the ones originally used by Cod, or the ones I have changed for ingame profile use?? I am new to this so your advice welcome. Mode one for general flying and combat, mode 2 for takeoff and landing, mode 3 for emergencys..? IR5 frees up many keys and helps me keep it simple. GRSwaty command index forms above have motivated me to do a new SST profile and I assume it will be recognized by CoD?? These aircraft were flying when I was a boy..I remember a simulator I ordered and it was a cardboard box theater with the AC hung and flown by thin strings..??!! Things have changed and I am delighted to have RoF and CoD. Many modern AC are beautiful..but the Spit, Emil, Bf110 etc..the sim plus my history books equal hours of pleasure. I finally landed the 110 and didn't know it!!

SEE
12-20-2011, 04:58 PM
For SST, you use the keyboard keys that are used by CloD - these will either be the original ones or ones you assigned to replace the original ones.

You can create and save different custom key assignments in CloD and load them (when in clod) if you want to use different keystrokes to work with different joytsicks and use a different SST files to suit.

salmo
01-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Still having great problems setting up my X52 Pro stick & throttle.

From device manager:
Saitek X52 Flight Controller (HID) driver ver 5.5.0.82
Saitek X52 Flight Controller (USB) driver ver 5.5.0.82
SST Saitek Pro Flight software ver 7.0.2.7

No device errors in harware manager. Magic bus setup appears to be OK. I've tried to update device drivers by (1) windows 7 automatic update search (reports driver are up to date) & (2) by running the Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64 driver exe from Saitek (launches OK but then get to a "plug Saitek device in" screen with a greyed out Next button. When I plug the controller in, nothing happens & the driver update does not progress any further).

Here's my symptoms:
1. I can load & edit X52 Pro profiles OK in the SST editor software.
2. Using the "test profile" button in the SST software fails, no mapped keystrokes are being sent to the screen (or to notepad).
3. Loading a saved profile fails with error "Salmo.pr0 does not contain a profile for this device. The device has not been profiled".

I wonder what device driver versions do pilots have? Does anyone have ver 7.0.2.7 (same as the SST sofware)?

ramstein
01-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Win7 with X64
---------
Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64.exe
Driver:6224
file size = 4,260 kb
===========

Software:7027
Smart_Technology_7_0_2_7_64bit.exe
file size = 58,855 kb
========

sizes and names were read off the control panel / 'about' tab, when you right click the icon in the task bar..
=====
From device manager:
Saitek X52 Flight Controller (HID) driver ver 6.2.2.4 Date 4/4/2008
Saitek X52 Flight Controller (USB) driver ver 6.2.2.4 Date 4/4/2008
====

when you install the drivers, you must only plug in the stick when it asks you to, not before..
if you messed something up, you might need to do the complete Saitek removal procedure, which not only includes uninstall through control panel, but removing registry entries for Saitek,,, (don't screw up and remove files you want to keep...).
There are more procedures if you need to do a real clean sweep, but you probably hopefully don't need to..

It's possible, you either got the wrong file, got the wrong profile for the software version. Or, when you try to place a correct file over a wrong one, it is not overwriting the old file with the new corrrect one.

Also, I personally never use 'Windows Update' for the Saitek update.. it has no clue... it just wants you to use a file it thinks you might need..

btw, do you use the Saitek forum ??

SEE
01-22-2012, 07:42 PM
You are using an X52 Pro (Black) and not a X52 std (silver/Black) - the drivers are different - each needs the correct driver.

BTW, Is the first X52 that has been installed on the PC?

Do you have access to another PC or Laptop?
If so, install the stick using the correct Saitek driver for the windows OS version installed (to eliminate any possible fault in the stick itself).

Once the Driver has been installed - open Control Panel and check the driver has installed correctly by checking that you can access all the features for the X52 Pro, such as LED/MFD brightness, deadzone adjustments etc.

Then Install the SST software and see if it works.

If it works on another pc then I would delete SST, the registry files for Saitek, etc, then re-install again but using a different USB port

Ra'Kaan
02-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Still having great problems setting up my X52 Pro stick & throttle.

Here's my symptoms:
1. I can load & edit X52 Pro profiles OK in the SST editor software.
2. Using the "test profile" button in the SST software fails, no mapped keystrokes are being sent to the screen (or to notepad).

I was dealing with these two exact issues recently but also, custom profiles were not working in-game - only the main axes and primary buttons such as fire. Anything I had programmed in the profile editor were not working in game.

Here is what I did to correct all these issues.

Your *.pr0 files should be located in:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Saitek SD6 Profiles.
I advise making a copy of this folder in a safe place just to be sure, but the install routine described below will not delete these files.

1.) Download Correct Drivers and Software: (http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php) <--- Click

Selecting from : Pro Flight range
Selected product : X52 Pro
Selected OS : Windows 7 and Vista 64 bit

2.) Leaving X52 Pro plugged in - Un-install both software and drivers.

There are two entries in Control Panel\Programs and Features:
a. Smart Technology Programming Software 7.0.2.7 (Mad Catz)
b. Saitek DirectOutput 6.2.2.4 (Saitek)

3.) (IMPORTANT) UN-PLUG the X52 Pro and Rudder pedals (if you have them.)

note: At this point I did not re-start the computer although it may be a good idea to do so just to make sure the drivers are unloaded.

4.) Re-Install new Drivers then Software (In that order)

a. Run the Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64.exe and plug in the X52 Pro and rudders when told to.
b. Run the Smart_Technology_7_0_2_7_64bit.exe

Now I was finally able to test my profiles in the built in profile tester, and also, my profiles were working in games again.

I have a sneaky feeling this issue started from installing fresh drivers without un-installing old ones first. :confused:

Strixman
05-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Hi Guys
Sorry to but in, but new to this FORUM stuff.
Looking for help on exactly the same problem,bought new x52 pro flight system last week, all connected up,software loaded,ran button test page, no problems, configured new profile for a game, saved it, it shows up in the " saitek SD6 profiles\profilesv2 " folder but refuses to load with the same error message "test.pr0 does not contain a profile for this device. The device has not been profiled".

Also tried downloading all the preset profiles from saitek website which also show up in the profikes folder, but none of them will load either with same error Msg.
Any ideas??
strixman

======================
00:45am

Ref. Above
Problem solved due to advoce from "Ra`Kaan" {02\20\12 - 12:42am}
Followed his instructions easy peasy and all was well. Test page working, profiles loading,different button test screen displayed.
I think Problem stems from the software disk supplied with the product, If you ignore that and download drivers and SSD software direct from SAITEK website ( i just put mine to desktop) then run them from there all seems to be OK.
So now a Happy Bunny, many thanks
strixman