PDA

View Full Version : Help with Saitek X52 Pro please

zl2bmh
12-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Hello All.

I am desperate to work out how to setup my Saitek X52 Pro for CLoD I have followed the manual but somehow I am not configuring it right If you have the same controller and know how to set it up please call me, as it would be really appreciated.

Jim.

SEE
12-03-2011, 02:28 AM
Do you mean setting it up in the CloD axis and controls options menu or advice on which buttons, sliders, etc, to use for various flight/game functions?

First, make sure you have the correct driver installed for your operating system - Windows version and wether your pc is 64bit/32 bit. Drivers are on the supplied disc or available from Saiteks web site. Your X52 must be recognised in windows control panel.

The best way to use the X52 is with the Saitek SST software which allows you to assign the games existing keyboard commands to a button (you dont have to use it) and fairly easy to use - there is a tutorial with the SST software. If you do not want to use the SST program then you can simply assign the buttons in the controls/keys options menu by selecting a function in the list - select 'change' - then press the button you want to use for that function. Same for the axis controls.

A number of X52 owners had problems getting CloD to recognise the axis for ailerons and elevators (I was one of them!). If you are having the same problem then there is a work around but may be its better if you explain exactly what the problems are before describing the workaround.

Hunden
12-03-2011, 02:37 AM
Also if your controler just isn't working as it should you may have to disable any other controlers you have plugged in. I have a logitec hand controler for bf3 that I have to disable in device manager when playing cliffs. Hope this helps:grin:

drewpee
12-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Hi Jim, It can be frustrating. I have mine working without the Saitek profile software. You still have to launch the Saitek control panel. Are you having trouble selecting buttons? The mane mistake I've made again and again is you need to remember to hit the apply button after selection or it won't save.
Hope this helps. If not you may need to ask more specific questions of what part you are having trouble with.

drewpee
12-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Hehe you got 3 replies before I hit send. Thats got to be good.
Remember HIT THE APPLY BUTTON

SEE
12-03-2011, 02:46 AM
......and always 'name and save' for future use........(I forgot that.....:grin:)

zl2bmh
12-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Gee, you guys are amazing, and I thank you all very very much indeed.

I have never been any good at configuring games with these new fangled controllers. It works perfectly with Flt Sim X but ClOD phew!! and I'm certainly not blaming software or hardware, the problem is me.

Right, the problem is, I cannot give the Axis the right command and make it stick. eg what the heck does 'right joystick z mean?, I cannot delete that setting and put my own in. My throttle doesn't activate, elevators don't activate. So I cannot get speed up using the throttle nor can I pull back on the stick to get height. If I can be shown one configurel, I'll be away with the rest.

So to sum up, how do you get rid of what's already there, and how do you put your own in. I notice that throttle goes from no's 1 to 7, how do you configure that!!.

So again gentlemen, I would like to thank you all.
Jim.

My setup is: i7 920GHz, 6GB ram, GTX 570sc (super over-clocked), 1000wP/S, 64bit, OS W7 HP, 24" widescreen, Saitek X52 Pro controller.

SEE
12-03-2011, 04:40 AM
Try this.......copy and paste the following entry at the end of your confuser.ini file (or under 'Hotkey pilot move' if it already exists) which can be found in the 1csoftclub - IL2 Cliffs of Dover installation folder. Then load CLOD and see if the stick axis and rotaries are recognised in the sensitivity bars in the controller set up screen. I read a post some time ago where a member installed his X52 using this method.

[HotKey pilotMove]
Joystick+AXE_RZ=1rudder
Joystick+AXE_RY=1trimelevator
Joystick+AXE_RX=1trimrudder
Joystick+AXE_Z=-1throttle
Joystick+AXE_Y=1elevator
Joystick+AXE_X=1aileron
Joystick+AXE_U=1radiator

zl2bmh
12-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Thank you 'See', your reply is very interesting and I'd very much like to try it, now don't laugh!! how do you get AXE etc after Joystick. As I have mentioned I'm only of kindergarten level with computers, I've tried to understand them but it's like water off a ducks back, it just doesn't stick.

Regards, and thank you.
zl2bmh Jim.

SEE
12-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Go to your 1c Softclub folder, IL2 Sturovik CLoD is installed in this.

Open the game folder and locate a file named 'Confuser.ini'.

I would suggest you copy the Confuser.ini file and paste it in a folder or on the Desktop so that you have a backup of the original.

Click on this file (in the game folder) with the your Right Mouse button and select 'Open'.

Windows will then ask you what software/program to use to open it with.

Use the 'Browse' option and select Notepad or Wordpad. (From now on,windows will assocoiate all the games .ini files with Notepad if that is the one you selected to open the confuser.ini file.

The file will open and you will see that it is just a text file with lots of entrys.

Scroll to the bottom of the file and look for the entry [Hotkey Pilotmove].

Now copy and paste the entry under Hotkey Pilotmove as shown in my last post or type it using the keyboard exactly as shown. Save the file and launch CloD, go to your Options Joystick axis menu and see if the axis are working.

nmaggie
07-17-2012, 12:57 AM
A number of X52 owners had problems getting CloD to recognise the axis for ailerons and elevators (I was one of them!). If you are having the same problem then there is a work around but may be its better if you explain exactly what the problems are before describing the workaround.

This is the problem I'm having. Just bought Cliffs of Dover via Steam.

Saitek X52 with Pro Flite pedals. Throttle appears to be working. Joystick axes (ailerons & elevators) and rudder pedals do not.

I disconnected the pedals to see if it would recognize just the joystick axes. No change (throttle only).

What's the fix? (I searched & have found lots of controller problems, but not this particular one.)

Thanks!

Stublerone
07-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Also remember to assign the axis in the game again, when you disconnect the joystick. The axis get other signature (often happebs, when you do not connect into the same USB slots).

Normally you install the software, have a look into control panel, if it is recognised correctly. Then start your game and remap the axis (overwrite the entries although they seem to be correct).

Z-axis could also be z-axis2, etc.

SEE
07-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Some found that adding the X52 axis data directly into the 'ConfUser' file worked as described earlier in the thread. I had to wiggle the flightstick axis and at the same time continually click the mouse button with the cursor on the tab in the controls axis setup menu.