PDA

View Full Version : Wold Wide Clean PC Day

drewpee
12-01-2011, 02:23 PM
I here by declare the 1st of December as WW Clean Your Computer Day. My rig is almost 12 months old and this is the first time I've given it a good old Blow Job(with a compressor u dirty buggers). I could have stuffed a pillow with the amount of dust that came out. It now runs supper quiet once again and my wold is a more peace full place.:grin:

swiss
12-01-2011, 03:34 PM
next time get a case with filters - and make sure it has positive pressure inside.;)

NedLynch
12-01-2011, 11:14 PM
I think a monthly cleaning like that should be advised, my comp as well is quite overdue for a good blowout.

fireship4
12-01-2011, 11:22 PM
and make sure it has positive pressure inside

I'm not sure that's possible... the air has to get in somehow to be blown out again.

Positive pressure on the inside of a biohazard suit for example is achieved by pressurising it with some outside (or canister) air source, meaning any compromise in the suit's skin would result in air coming out instead of air (and whatever else) going in.

I'm not sure this is applicable to computer cases, unless you have some dust-free air source being piped in through a tube out of the window :)

Sorry, just an opportunity to write about a cool thing I saw in a drama movie/book about a disease outbreak!

szala11
12-01-2011, 11:39 PM
I never let it become that dusty, I always give it a good Blow every 2-3 weeks with my hand-compressor.It still looks like new...

ingsoc84
12-02-2011, 03:28 AM
I clean it out and compress blow it once a month.clean the filters..and make sure its not a dust bucket...I keep the hydrocooler fins clean..and always ground myself to the case..so no issues there...I have 8 fans..4 of them are the huge 240 ones..and get good case air flow..which means my rig runs CLOD at full usage at about 32- 34 degrees celcius, which I think is a pretty cool temp for all thats going on and the speeds. The last pc I built was a mid tower..with horrible ventiliation, and really lacking in fans.and used to run full around 50-55..so this is a big improvement..cases (especially full towers) have come a long way in the last few years.

tanker 21
12-02-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure that's possible... the air has to get in somehow to be blown out again.

Positive pressure on the inside of a biohazard suit for example is achieved by pressurising it with some outside (or canister) air source, meaning any compromise in the suit's skin would result in air coming out instead of air (and whatever else) going in.

I'm not sure this is applicable to computer cases, unless you have some dust-free air source being piped in through a tube out of the window :)

Sorry, just an opportunity to write about a cool thing I saw in a drama movie/book about a disease outbreak!

Possative pressure casses do exist. I have a silverstone fortress. 2 massive 180mm filterd fans pushing air in and a 120unfilltered fan poshing air out allso holles in the back of the case to regulate pressure. And they stey verry cool and cleen ...:grin:

revue with vid bellow
http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=736

mcler002
12-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I cleaned the whole of my desk, monitors etc yesterday ... Does that count lol ... But yea I need to give the inside of my rig a good clean ...

Qpassa
12-02-2011, 10:51 AM
U did a blow job?

fireship4
12-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Hmm yes I realised last night while in bed (weird what you think about) that I might have been wrong about positive pressure being applicable to computer cases. I guess the "dust-free outside air source" is supplied by the fans drawing air in. Seeing as less air is being sucked out by the extractor fan, positive pressure is maintained, and dust is less likely to get in via other (non-filtered) holes in the case.

My apologies. I wonder how it affects temperature?