PDA

View Full Version : Sound Modding & Where We Stand?

BPickles
11-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Exactly that?
Since the new sound updates, obviously there is a lot more scope for new sounds yet it seems the sound engine change has buried the sound files and sound config files somewhere else that I cannot locate. Is that an implication of non support for sound mods?
Also what is the new sound system, FMOD? I recall finding the FMOD extension but now since the latest patch nothing.

Official words on modding in general if possible. Its been long enough now for 1C to get themselves together to produce some solid info on what can be used off & online.

Regards
Bp

fireflyerz
11-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Mate , if there paying someone to do the job they aint gonna want the likes of you or anyone else for that matter butting in if you get my meaning , I think its gonna be a case of the past all over again due to very short shortsightedness...again.

BPickles
11-29-2011, 10:06 AM
I really hope your wrong to be honest, although part of me thinks that the modding openness was some kind of feint to distract from how badly damaged the game was on release.
The thing is that when done with official support, modding builds a massive community dedicated to the creativity and development of imagination, ArmA is a great example of this.

I can certainly understand not releasing the SDK for a long while as being a sound business move, hopefully this game wont die and we will get what we hope for, although having re-installed recently i see in my time zone on average only 70 odd players a night. That is not a good sign especially when people are going to be judgmental this time round for the next add-on, fans will by of course but i think this game desperately needs more than fans at the moment, it needs fresh blood and that isn't going to happen until the game has some content and is smooth and looks better.
I really think that the game lays on this patch, as this one holds the promise of some real gains without loss of graphics.

I have confidence though too that it can be fixed if they are organized enough and have some foresight for the future.

Feathered_IV
11-29-2011, 10:29 AM
...if they are organized enough and have some foresight for the future.

Not in front of the children.

BPickles
11-29-2011, 11:26 AM
maybe, but if so that's a shame, maybe that's just what unruly children need is being shown the right path