PDA

View Full Version : Can I connect joystics through external USB-hub?

335th_GRAthos
11-27-2011, 08:58 PM
OK, I guess I will be ridiculed but this is the question.

I am flying for years with a SW2FFB and X45 throttle. I got as present a Warthog together with a set of Rudder pedals (since the Warthog has none).

I would like to give the Warthog a try and see if it can replace my SW2FFB
(I am sure I will exchange the X45 throttle with the warthog throttle)
but I am not keen to remove my old joysticks as I am still very much used to them and I presume it will take a long time to learn the different settings of the Warthog switches. Besides the fact that the ForceFeedback makes the SW2FFB a fantastic joystick for many games so I will probably like to keep it connected for other games.

To cut the long story short, I will need to connect the following USB joysticks on my PC:
SW2FFB
Saitek X45
Throttle Quadrant
Throttle Quadrant (second)
THRS Warthog (two usb)
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals

Since I do not have that many free USB slots, I am thinking of adding a USB hub and connecting a few joystics through that.

Has anybody had a similar experience connecting joysticks through a USB hub????
Were there any problems????

Many thanks for any useful advice.

~S~

IvanK
11-28-2011, 12:34 AM
I run CH stick, CH Throttle, Saitek pedals through an external powered HUB without issues.

Troll2k
11-28-2011, 01:24 AM
I do not have a hub myself but I think you should be able to as long as it is a powered hub.

SEE
11-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Same here, all my flight gear is on an externally powered USB hub. Check customer reviews as some have poor voltage regulation but most are pretty decent and economical to buy.

335th_GRAthos
11-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Perfect! Many thanks for all answers guys!

~S~