PDA

View Full Version : The Blenhiem

Tavingon
11-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Is it woefully under equiped ingame? With just one 'record player' mg in the back Isn't it fair to have the version with twin belt feds more balanced? (maybe even with chin turret)

TomcatViP
11-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Is it woefully under equiped ingame? With just one 'record player' mg in the back Isn't it fair to have the version with twin belt feds more balanced? (maybe even with chin turret)

Chin turret is a late modification introduced much after BoB

JG53Frankyboy
11-24-2011, 12:34 PM
there are three possible turret armaments:
single Vickers K
twin Vickers K
twin Browning

1C decided to choose the weakest one. IIRC at least the twin Vickers K was in use during summer 1940.
Chinturret, actually there were also two, the first one with a single gun the second with a twin gun (i have put my books in storage in the moment :D ). Bit IIRC at least the single mount was also in use during 1940.

But anyway, in you get catched in a Bomber by a fighter, you are 99,9% lost. So good cant be the defence weapons :D

Tavingon
11-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Maybe not the chinturret, but it would be good to see the twin browning version !

PolishEagle1939
11-24-2011, 03:10 PM
According to the book the Bristol Blenheim: A complete history 2nd edition by Graham Warner pg. 235 "The single lower rear-defence gun, mounted under the escape hatch and sighted by mirrors, was fitted to most Bomber Command Blenheims by the Battle of Britain, but proved to have more psychological than practical benefit"

Tavingon
11-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Am I right in thinking the Wings of prey version has the chin turret?

Tavingon
11-24-2011, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzMzpkxNL7Q

I wish clod had machine gun sounds this cool / loud