PDA

View Full Version : Wheels Down Bug

Tree_UK
11-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Im sure all the online pilots have seen this bug, it seems to be more apparent on the 109 than any other aircraft but Im sure some of you may tell me otherwise. Anyhow its not good for RAF pilots who thinking their luck is in having spotted a stuka suddenly find its a 109 with the wheel bug.

However the other night I was flying with MC & Robtek, Robtek's 109 was doing a splendid job of demonstrating the wheels down bug, obviously I asked him if he had his gear up and he replied yes of course, he then went on to say his gear was up but in the neutral position, I said try putting the gear into the up position and 'wallah' the gear bug disappeared. So i wondered if you could all experiment with this with squad mates, it may help fix the bug.

Robo.
11-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Im sure all the online pilots have seen this bug, it seems to be more apparent on the 109 than any other aircraft but Im sure some of you may tell me otherwise. Anyhow its not good for RAF pilots who thinking their luck is in having spotted a stuka suddenly find its a 109 with the wheel bug.

However the other night I was flying with MC & Robtek, Robtek's 109 was doing a splendid job of demonstrating the wheels down bug, obviously I asked him if he had his gear up and he replied yes of course, he then went on to say his gear was up but in the neutrel postion, I said try putting the gear into the up position and 'wallah' the gear bug dissappeared. So i wondered if you could all experiment with this with squad mates, it may help fix the bug.

S!

I was trying to figure out why this was happening, I've seen Spitfires, Hurricanes and 109s with wheels down. Spitfire hasn't got the neutral position at all. We tried, flying side by side on ATAG (Rotol Hurri), to replicate this problem by using various settings on the gear (down / neutral / up) and the engine (WEP on / off). Trying all combinations, we failed. I also suspected the neutral gear position (which is correct to use) and some bug in transferring that information to other clients, but it seems this is more complicated or maybe mods related.

ElAurens
11-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Ah yes, the 109 in a Stuka's clothing.

It is very unsettling for me, being primarily a Hurricane pilot, perhaps when the next patch level comes out it will be fixed.

5./JG27 Lehmann
11-23-2011, 01:07 PM
You have to press the gear button 3 times to bring the gear up in a 109 if you look at the aircraft status messages. I suspect it's not an actual bug that they can't be seen to be raised in MP by other players, but that people are only pressing G once when they take off which sets them to 'neutral' :S Not sure if it's a bug or the devs intended it to work that way

ACE-OF-ACES
11-23-2011, 01:48 PM
You have to press the gear button 3 times to bring the gear up in a 109 if you look at the aircraft status messages. I suspect it's not an actual bug that they can't be seen to be raised in MP by other players, but that people are only pressing G once when they take off which sets them to 'neutral' :S Not sure if it's a bug or the devs intended it to work that way
If that is true..

It would be interesting to generate a list of all those sim pilots that don't press it three times

Than generate a list of all those sim pilots that have come here and said the 109 is too slow

Than see how many names on the two lists match! :eek:

Tree_UK
11-23-2011, 02:04 PM
If that is true..

It would be interesting to generate a list of all those sim pilots that don't press it three times

Than generate a list of all those sim pilots that have come here and said the 109 is too slow

Than see how many names on the two lists match! :eek:

I doubt whether this is the case the 109 as a gear indicator in the cockpit that tells you your gear is up. Nice try though.

ACE-OF-ACES
11-23-2011, 02:20 PM
I doubt whether this is the case the 109 as a gear indicator in the cockpit that tells you your gear is up. Nice try though.
What part of me saying 'if that is true' are you struggling with?

ATAG_Keller
11-23-2011, 02:22 PM

How do you figure you need to press the gear button 3 times?

When you're off the ground you press the button once; now the handle is in the up position and the gear is actually up.

If you press it a second time the handle goes to the neutral position but the gear still stays up.

Press it a third time and the handle and gear move to the down position.

KeBrAnTo
11-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Ah yes, the 109 in a Stuka's clothing.

It is very unsettling for me, being primarily a Hurricane pilot, perhaps when the next patch level comes out it will be fixed.

So you get closer thinking you'd be getting an easy kill and then, ..... ZAP !!!, the mouse trap is triggered ! :lol:

I hate the bug too, I fly Luftwaffe and I've seen some spits & hurries too and, when you see them with the gear down when you're chasing them, you don't really know if the guy is trying to reduce speed, the gear is damaged or the bug is actually running ... :confused:

Hope this gets fixed soon too....

KeBrAnTo
11-23-2011, 02:53 PM

If you use an axis control you don't need too. I'm using Saitek Quadrant and I've got one of the levers mapped to the gear and works just moving the lever up or down.

Tree_UK
11-23-2011, 02:54 PM
What part of me saying 'if that is true' are you struggling with?

The 'if thats true bit' was fine, no problem with that at all, as for the rest of your post.........

Tree_UK
11-23-2011, 02:54 PM

When you're off the ground you press the button once; now the handle is in the up position and the gear is actually up.

If you press it a second time the handle goes to the neutral position but the gear still stays up.

+1 I was thinking the same keller.

ACE-OF-ACES
11-23-2011, 02:56 PM
The 'if thats true bit' was fine, no problem with that at all, as for the rest of your post.........
the two go hand in hand

5./JG27 Lehmann
11-23-2011, 07:07 PM

Go try it. Start cross-county, press g once - nothing happens, press it again - gear is locked down, press it again - gear comes up.

robtek
11-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Go try it. Start cross-county, press g once - nothing happens, press it again - gear is locked down, press it again - gear comes up.

Of course, you start in the air with gear up, first push -> neutral, second push -> gear down, third push -> gear up again.

ATAG_Keller
11-23-2011, 09:35 PM

I didn't realize you were talking about an air-start.

If you'd said "from a ground start you have to push [G] 3 times to get your gear back down" nobody would have disagreed with you.

No the question becomes; if you're air starting, how often would you actually need your gear to go down and back up again?

Insuber
11-23-2011, 10:01 PM
The bug exists. I've checked it with a mate on TS, he had red lights on the undercarriage indicator, but I saw his landing gear down.

Cheers,
Insuber

Insuber
11-23-2011, 10:05 PM
The bug exists. I've checked it with a mate on TS, he had red lights on the undercarriage indicator, but I saw his landing gear down. I've asked him to lower the gear, and after he could hear the noise of gear turbulence.

Cheers,
Insuber

5./JG27 Lehmann
11-24-2011, 07:59 AM
I didn't realize you were talking about an air-start.

If you'd said "from a ground start you have to push [G] 3 times to get your gear back down" nobody would have disagreed with you.

No the question becomes; if you're air starting, how often would you actually need your gear to go down and back up again?

I'm not talking about an air-start :confused:

Maybe I've forgotten the name of the quick mission, isn't "cross-country" the quick mission where you start in the blennie (default) on the ground?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that this bug doesn't exist, but I'm fairly sure at least some of the people experiencing it online are falling foul of the 109's gear system and not checking the in-cockpit instruments.

BGs_Ricky
11-24-2011, 08:05 AM
I forgot once to press twice the gear-up button in a 109, I very quickly noticed something was wrong because the plane was shaking badly and wouldn't go faster than about 300km/h, so even if you don't check your controls I doubt someone would fly to the other side of the channel and engage in combat without noticing his gear is down...