PDA

View Full Version : III.KG1 Ju88 Bomber Campaign ver.1.02 posted on Airwarfare.Com

dflion
11-19-2011, 11:54 PM
I have just posted version 1.02 of my Ju88 Bomber campaign on Airwarfare.com.

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=53&task=view.download&catid=4&cid=194

I have added two new training missions, one for 'level bombing' and one for 'dive bombing'. The pilots notes have been revised to help you with these missions.
I have also added a recon mission over the southern English Channel looking for Sunderland flying boats carrying out convoy protection.

DFLion

Stiboo
11-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Hi Mate

see my post on main forum..

How to play a campaign and save for another day !

Great news about campaign design !!

Hope you are well

Cheers

Si

Vulcanel
11-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks dflion for your campaign. I have tried to download it right now, but it seems the path is broken...

One question; I have been flying Ju88 and there is no way to stabilize the plane for level bombing. Neither using route stabilizer, nor using gyroscope... Do you know how to do it?

Regards.

E69_vencejo
11-29-2011, 09:41 AM
http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=228&view=viewdownload&catid=4&cid=194

ATAG_Septic
11-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks very much for sharing this DFlion, I was just about to begin to become properly aquainted with the JU88 and this looks like it will be a great help!

Vulcanel
11-29-2011, 12:46 PM
http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=228&view=viewdownload&catid=4&cid=194

Thanks E69_Vencejo... and please, don´t be so shy next time and say something... :P

dflion
12-02-2011, 01:50 AM
Thanks dflion for your campaign. I have tried to download it right now, but it seems the path is broken...

One question; I have been flying Ju88 and there is no way to stabilize the plane for level bombing. Neither using route stabilizer, nor using gyroscope... Do you know how to do it?

Regards.

Thanks Vulcanel. Refer to page 4 of my Ju88 pilot notes 'Level bombing sequence' and this will set you up correctly for using the bombsight. Before you move to the bombardiers position you place the aircraft on autopilot, this stabilizes the aircraft for level bombing.
Remember to select number of bomb bays, bomb distribution and salvo modes or your Junkers will drop one bomb at a time.
Let me know how you go?
DFLion

Vulcanel
12-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks dflion; downloaded and I´ll test it later on. I´ll give you feedback.

Regards.

Vulcanel
12-04-2011, 06:22 PM
I must be missing something; when I set autopilot on, plane doesn´t stabilize. It starts to turn right and fall down without control...

In general options the IA Autopilot option is enabled.

Nice campaign indeed.

Thanks and regards.

E69_vencejo
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
I must be missing something; when I set autopilot on, plane doesn´t stabilize. It starts to turn right and fall down without control...

Nice campaign indeed.

Thanks and regards.

You must activate autopilot when airplane heading is nearest selected autopilot heading.
It is difficult for me write english. I think you can read spanish from spain, then:http://www.escuadron69.net/v20/foro/index.php?/topic/52076-piloto-automatico-en-el-110/

:cool:

dflion
12-05-2011, 08:22 AM

Nice campaign indeed.

Thanks and regards.

Following on from E69_vencejo's post. I have recently tested the level bombing mission. I took-off manually, then set the aircraft on autopilot. When you turn on the final legs, which are on a straight track to the target range, move to the bombardiers position and bombsight. You then start entering the speed and height parameters and move the telescopic sight until the crosshairs split the target. (the target is a bit hard to see) Watching through the sight, you will see the sight automatically start computing when to drop the bombs. Then the bombs start dropping automatically.
Hope this helps Vulcanel? Practice makes perfect.

DFLion