PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Damage - Does this work in CoD?

Faustnik
11-18-2011, 03:58 PM
S! All,

Whan my fighter is hit from radiator damage and glycol is lost, my plane often can flys without any effect? :( I have been flying online with Bf109E3s and Spitfire Ia's.

Do other people notice time?

Does the radiator damage work in CoD?

Radiator damage would be the most critical part of the games DM.

Here is a passage of Spitfire Mark V Aces 1941-45 by Alfred Price.

http://www.degnans.com/markd/Glycol%20-%20Spit%20V.jpg

Please look for this type of damage in the game.

Thanks is a lot!

:cool:

CaptainDoggles
11-18-2011, 05:04 PM
S! All,

Whan my fighter is hit from radiator damage and glycol is lost, my plane often can flys without any effect? :( I have been flying online with Bf109E3s and Spitfire Ia's.

Do other people notice time?

Does the radiator damage work in CoD?

Radiator damage would be the most critical part of the games DM.

Here is a passage of Spitfire Mark V Aces 1941-45 by Alfred Price.

Please look for this type of damage in the game.

Thanks is a lot!

I primarily fly the 109, and while you can keep going for quite a while with a water leak, the engine will eventually die and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Example: During one of the 5./JG27 missions we got tangled up with some Hurricanes and I took a few hits, including a water leak. The engine kept going for a solid 10, maybe 15 minutes. However I eventually blew a gasket and had to dead-stick the landing from about 20km out to sea.

335th_GRAthos
11-18-2011, 05:35 PM
As far as I know, the 109 had two independent cooling systems (left and right). Damage on one would not hinder the functionality of the other.

Nevertheless, after a radiator hit, your engine is bound to burn a gasket and die, usually after 20min.

I never tried to rev down the engine and test what will happen then so I can not comment on this.

~S~

l3uLLDoZeR
11-18-2011, 06:50 PM
To be honest most of the time my water rad gets punctured I keep flying full throttle and it actually runs cooler than before I got hit!!

Many times I see the person I shot losing water (the white stuff) but still flying the same speed as before with no effect whatsoever on speed or temps.

My other theory..if somebody shoots your rads consider it a good thing..the plane is lighter and will now fly FASTER!! Not quite realistic but I only fly air cooled aircraft in the real world.

l3uLLDoZeR
11-18-2011, 06:57 PM
In addition to my last post when you hit somebody and they lose oil (thin black stream) it seems to kill my engine within a couple minutes all the time. It also throws oil all over the windscreen making the landing a little more difficult.

Faustnik
11-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Thanks all, for the replys. :cool:

I was flying today with a Bf109e1. When hitting Spits and Hurris damaged with water radiators had no effect, for even a long chace. A could see some 109s that did not care even with damaged radiator. :confused:

Spit that were hit with oil radiator damage do go down fast.

Glycol effects look great!

l3uLLDoZeR
11-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah I understand what you're saying, it's pretty common sense an engine can't run long without oil.
If it is just a small hole in the water rad then it makes sense we can fly with nothing happening. But when you look behind you and no more water is coming out, yet you continue to fly at full throttle for another 40 min I don't think the damage is modeled accurately!

The white stuff can also be fuel leaking, I don't think it's possible to tell the difference between the two when you're flying.

TomcatViP
11-19-2011, 10:45 AM
S! All,

corporate link :evil:

l3uLLDoZeR
11-19-2011, 04:01 PM
You might want to check for virus's or malware, its clearly not a corporate link. Just a little cutout from a book about Spits shooting Ju88's and engine damage!

Igo kyu
11-20-2011, 01:57 AM
You might want to check for virus's or malware, its clearly not a corporate link.
I get the corporate horseshit too.

My AV appears to be up to date and functioning, scanning now.

CaptainDoggles
11-20-2011, 03:42 AM
It's called a redirect, guys.

Faustnik
11-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Sorry about the link, that was strange. :(

It seems to work now. :)