PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Flame

smink1701
11-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Exhaust Flame

Is there are way in the config or a mod that would allow for exhaust flames without fussing with CEM???

Jumo211
11-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi smink1701 :)
I would say there is not point in editing anything right now since they're constantly changing game engine and files :eek:
We just have to wait and see what the final outcome will be and then deciding what might be getting some additional attention :lol: of course if possible .

S! HG

reflected
11-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Alternatively you can turn CEM on ;)

It's fun, believe me - once you get the hang of it it doubles the immersion.

smink1701
11-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Alternatively you can turn CEM on ;)

It's fun, believe me - once you get the hang of it it doubles the immersion.

What are the primary engine controls (on fighters), that effect performance? How and when do you make adjustments?

Osprey
11-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Depends on the machine. I would recommend a youtube search on the ones you are interested in because you'll get a good walkthrough.

Alternatively join a squadron, that is a great way to learn, get some real immersion, support, have a laugh and make some friends.

Whilst on that note I will plug my crew, we allied and axis squadrons internally, so PM me if you're interested. We don't bite. :)

=XIII=Wedge
11-18-2011, 05:22 PM
What are the primary engine controls (on fighters), that effect performance?

Spitfire or Hurricane

Engine Controls
Throttle - Changes Boost Pressure
Mixture Control - Semi-automatic with two regimes Rich and Lean
Propeller Control - Sets Engine RPM (Constant Speed Unit)
Radiator Flap Control - Regulates radiator cooling - open causes greater cooling (good) and greater drag (bad), but airspeed plays a major part in cooling effectiveness.

Engine Indicators
Boost Pressure Gauge
Engine Speed Indicator
Oil Temp Gauge
Radiator Temp Gauge

Exhaust Flame Issue
I noticed a bug with the exhaust flame on both these planes. You can move the mixture control to adjust the color of the flame as if it was a manual mixture control. Either they have manual mixture implemented, which I dont believe is the case or the flame color effect is incorrect and behaving as if the mixture was a manual system.

smink1701
11-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Spitfire or Hurricane

Engine Controls
Throttle - Changes Boost Pressure
Mixture Control - Semi-automatic with two regimes Rich and Lean
Propeller Control - Sets Engine RPM (Constant Speed Unit)
Radiator Flap Control - Regulates radiator cooling - open causes greater cooling (good) and greater drag (bad), but airspeed plays a major part in cooling effectiveness.

Engine Indicators
Boost Pressure Gauge
Engine Speed Indicator
Oil Temp Gauge
Radiator Temp Gauge

Exhaust Flame Issue
I noticed a bug with the exhaust flame on both these planes. You can move the mixture control to adjust the color of the flame as if it was a manual mixture control. Either they have manual mixture implemented, which I dont believe is the case or the flame color effect is incorrect and behaving as if the mixture was a manual system.

Thanks for your note.