PDA

View Full Version : How many controllers Clod support?

Sokol1
11-17-2011, 03:13 AM
CloD overcome the Il-2 (1946) limitation of use only 4 controllers (joystick, pedal, throttle, quadrant, trim box, gamepad... etc)?

Sokol1

335th_GRAthos
11-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Hi Sokol,

Not sure, I thought it was a WinXP limitation not a IL2 limitation. Maybe I was wrong.

Anyway, if it helps I have Win7-64 and SW2FFB, X45, Throttle Quadrant, Throttle Quadrant connected, all recognised without problems in CoD.

~S~

Artist
11-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi Sokol,
Not sure, I thought it was a WinXP limitation not a IL2 limitation. Maybe I was wrong.

It is an IL-2 limitation: did run here under Win7 64bit prof and I had to write YaDeLi to get the fifth usb game controller (G940 Throttel, Pedals, Stick, and 2 of Leo Bodnar's boards) to communicate with IL-2

Cannot answer the question for CloD, though: After the recent reinstall of Win7 (and Logitech drivers) the G940 pedals (which are now modded to one of Bodnar's boards) disappeared, so I am back to 4 controllers.

Artist

KDN
11-17-2011, 11:50 AM
I have 5 different controllers recognized in Cod. A total of 21 axes among all shorts of buttons. Same set up for IL2 but only 4 of the first controllers registered in Windows control panel get recognized.

335th_GRAthos
12-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Anyway, if it helps I have Win7-64 and SW2FFB, X45, Throttle Quadrant, Throttle Quadrant connected, all recognised without problems in CoD.

So now I have Win7-64 and:
MS SW2FFB
Saitek X45
Saitek Thrtl. Quadrant
Saitek Thrtl. Quadrant
Warthog Throttle
Warthog Stick
Saitek Rudder pedals
all connected and recognised without problems in CoD (7 usb)

~S~

bravoalpha
01-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Hi!
I'm thinking about some DIY controllers based on my old joystick but can't find out how to use more than one stick with CoD. The problem is the same kinda axis of the two controllers. I can't use the second device's axis because it's remapping what I setted up with the first - Two of X,Y,Z axis on the devices but there is only one X,Y,Z in the game. Now I have "two stick" in every plane like schoolplanes...
How is it possible two use the second stick for more axis? (Radiators, Prop, etc.)

Sokol1
01-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Bravoapha,

No problems, CloD (and others sim) enumerate sticks something like:

Stick1 X, stick1 Y...

Stick2 X, stick2 Y...

So for radiador, props... you use stick2 X, sitck2 Y...
Same for aditional sticks (or throttle, rudder pedal, trim box, gamepade, MFD... )

Sokol1

bravoalpha
01-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks Sokol1! Finally works!
When I tried to use any of the second controller's axis, CoD always popped up the window about "alredy assigned", as there it was only one controller! Now its perfect!