PDA

View Full Version : The first "DCS Flying Legends" aircraft.

Scarecrow
11-14-2011, 05:11 PM
It looks like Eagle Dynamics are going to produce their first WWII prop sim!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1327908#post1327908

Looks like it maybe a p51 in memory of Big Beautiful Doll.

Sven
11-14-2011, 05:22 PM
I hope not, would rather see a BF109 or FW190 :grin:

pupo162
11-14-2011, 05:32 PM
seriusly. this DCS guys may have a decent sim, but they manage to get paid addons out off every single update.

uddate from blackshark to better graphcis blackshark - 20 euro
udpate from flaming cliffs to better flamming cliffs - 20 euro
updte from better flaming cliffs for a even better flamming cliffs - 20 euro
1 map - 20 euro
SEOW style mission disigner - 20 euro
udpate merge all 3 simulators - 20 euro

i mean, its great work, but they are overprincing it, and if you dont pay for it, you get out off the loop since noone plays older versions of the sim.

bw_wolverine
11-14-2011, 06:00 PM
What I'd really like to see is the A2A guys take all of those aircraft they've so wonderfully modelled and put them into an actual combat simulation.

d0o0m
11-14-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm fine with it. People and companies deserve to get paid for their work. DCS launches solid products and only asks for additional compensation when dramatic changes are made to the product.

They do not ask for money for basic repair patches on core products.

Perhaps there is a sense of entitlement among software customers fed by an industry which operated without abandon for a long time. I agree, if your product is broken, you should fix it for free but if you are offering features beyond your original concept or feature promise, then an expectation that customers compensate you is not extraordinary.

addman
11-14-2011, 06:29 PM
seriusly. this DCS guys may have a decent sim, but they manage to get paid addons out off every single update.

uddate from blackshark to better graphcis blackshark - 20 euro
udpate from flaming cliffs to better flamming cliffs - 20 euro
updte from better flaming cliffs for a even better flamming cliffs - 20 euro
1 map - 20 euro
SEOW style mission disigner - 20 euro
udpate merge all 3 simulators - 20 euro

i mean, its great work, but they are overprincing it, and if you dont pay for it, you get out off the loop since noone plays older versions of the sim.

Will the "Battle for Moscow add-on" for CloD be free? No! Will it be priced as an add-on or will it even be an add-on? No! It will most likely be priced and sold as a stand-alone product. Surely using the same engine as CloD and many of the assets (planes, vehicles, buildings,ships, artillery) already in CloD. If you don't pay for it, you'll be stuck with broken down poor old CloD. You'll be...out of the loop so to speak. ;)

pupo162
11-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Will the "Battle for Moscow add-on" for CloD be free? No! Will it be priced as an add-on or will it even be an add-on? No! It will most likely be priced and sold as a stand-alone product. Surely using the same engine as CloD and many of the assets (planes, vehicles, buildings,ships, artillery) already in CloD. If you don't pay for it, you'll be stuck with broken down poor old CloD. You'll be...out of the loop so to speak. ;)

agreed. but for me the ammount of content in each il2 past releases was a considerable update. Blackashark update was 20 eurso for a 1 plane upgrade pack.

regarding CoD. im not sure iff ill buy any sequel, given the disapointment on the curent game

robtek
11-14-2011, 08:44 PM
What we did get from MG was always a complete package and state of the art.

In relation to RoF (when one still had to buy it) and DCS it was dirt cheap.

That still doesn't help for the people who get upset about the price they paid for CoD.

Dyscalculia maybe?

trumps
11-14-2011, 09:36 PM
I don't work for free, and don't expect software devs to do so either, I am more than happy to pay for addons, and upgrades. If it is a quality product and supported by the developers then it should be paid for, it helps guarantee their future work, and our future enjoyment!

Craig

robtek
11-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Sorry, while flying such a bird is a full time job, the rewards are by far not exciting enough to bind me to a computer.

Even RL flying is boring without special circumstances, but then it gets very interesting real fast, i.e. if you have only a vfr-license and the weather changes surprisingly, or the engine starts to sound different.

droz
11-15-2011, 01:36 AM
ED tends to put out VERY ROCK SOLID products. I have no issue paying for the upgrades they are doing to all the products because they are significant add-ons. The fact they are even upgrading FC to FC3 to be compatible with everything is amazing.

Skoshi Tiger
11-15-2011, 04:04 AM
It's funny that they are charging for the Navada map. That was advertised for the release of DCS:A-10C. Then it was cut out, now they're asking us to pay for it? LoL!

Sammi79
11-15-2011, 08:13 AM
It's funny that they are charging for the Navada map. That was advertised for the release of DCS:A-10C. Then it was cut out, now they're asking us to pay for it? LoL!

Free to customers who bought DCS:A-10c at the beta stage - I.e me. :-P

Skoshi Tiger
11-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Free to customers who bought DCS:A-10c at the beta stage - I.e me. :-P

I bought the sim at beta stage, can't find the map in misson builder or any of the missions!

I thought they disabled it when it started to display "issues"!

How do you access it?

Sammi79
11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
I bought the sim at beta stage, can't find the map in misson builder or any of the missions!

I thought they disabled it when it started to display "issues"!

How do you access it?

Erm, I don't think its been released yet. This from Wags 2 days ago on the official forum :

In the coming months we plan to release several new projects. While we wish to have open communications with our customers and let them know of our planned projects, please understand that plans often change due to unforeseen circumstances. The below list is a road map of our intentions and not a promise of things to come. As each product nears completion and feature lists are finalized, more details will be provided.

1- Combined Arms. This $19.99 add-on will allow A-10C, Black Shark 2, and Flaming Cliffs 3 owner to act as ground force commanders as the mission is running. Users can direct ground units, set fire missions for artillery/multiple rocket launchers, and take the role of a Joint Terminal Air Controller (JTAC). As the JTAC, players will have night vision goggles, IR pointer, laser designator, and Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR). Several other new items are still being considered. Combined Arms will work in both single player and multiplayer missions.

2- Flaming Cliffs 3. This will be a paid-for update to the Flaming Cliffs series and brings it to the same world, mission editor, AI, units, etc. as A-10C and Black Shark 2. We plan to include several upgrades to the aircraft, a resource management system, and several other new features. This will also make Flaming Cliffs online compatible with A-10C and Black Shark 2. Pricing will depend on what new features are included.

3- Nevada map. This will be a $19.99 add-on that will be compatible with A-10C, Black Shark 2, and FC3. Users that purchased the A-10C beta will get this map for free.

4- The first "DCS Flying Legends" aircraft will be released in the first half of 2012.

5- The next US fixed wing jet DCS aircraft is being worked on in parallel.

For Combined Arms and the Nevada map, a single purchase will allow these add-ons to work with A-10C 1.1.1.0, Black Shark 2, and FC3.
More information, visit: www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Skoshi Tiger
11-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Erm, I don't think its been released yet. This from Wags 2 days ago on the official forum :

Cool! Thanks for the Heads up! Might need to blow the dust off my MFD's

ElAurens
11-15-2011, 11:37 AM
While I don't follow closely or play DCS, here are my three guesses as to to what the "Legend" plane will be:

1. Spitfire

2. Spitfire

3. Spitfire

There is an outside chance it will be one of the following:

P51 D

Bf 109 G

Spitfire

However, if it's a P40 I will buy a copy. Note that I am not budgeting any money for this.

Ali Fish
11-15-2011, 12:02 PM
....anyway.......its about time 1C had some true competition round here in any ww2 form.

maybe just maybe we might see there interest in ourselves(the fanbase) resurected or is that Born? i`m not quite sure!. also we might just see a group of developers really having to work for there pennies now. and not appearing to do what they are presently doing. could be some really good times ahead folks ! atleast there maybe the option of jumping ship now. sorry to put such a downer on Il2, but im just glad 1C will simply have to be "True" to themselves and ourselves now. theres nothing like a bit of competition to make people get there act together. Bring on the goodness that it will bring and quick ! is all i ask.

ElAurens
11-15-2011, 04:36 PM
One aircraft with no other content to support it will not be competition for the IL2 franchise.

Skoshi Tiger
11-15-2011, 11:28 PM
One aircraft with no other content to support it will not be competition for the IL2 franchise.

+1

It would be very hard to schedule an online war when only one side is represented in a flyable aircraft.

As it is there is a lot of posts complaining about a limited plane set for COD! Imaginine what it would be like if there was only one!

Cheers!

Rather peeved
11-15-2011, 11:28 PM

If it works as advertised straight out of the box it will be competition for CloD.

ElAurens
11-16-2011, 01:02 AM
:rolleyes:

CWMV
11-16-2011, 01:13 AM
If it works as advertised straight out of the box it will be competition for CloD.

Not even then.

ElAurens
11-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Yeah, I imagine attacking a Tunguska with a Spitfire would get pretty frustrating after a while...

SNAFU
11-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Well, ED aims for small bunch of gamers focusing on simulation, not for the wider spectrum of gamers in the mix between FPS and simulation like IL2 or CloD, therefore I see it as another league.

I would rather see only one plane per year as detailed as in DCS in the CloD enviroment and graphics, than the dozen of roughly detailed planes we have in CloD.

Scarecrow
11-16-2011, 09:24 AM
No there's no way this is gonna provide the experience Clod is right away... I reckon it could be the next big thing for virtual air racing and display teams though. If it does well though they could diversify into the WWII sim market in a few years. Lots of people wanted very accurate start ups and aircraft operation in Clod which I don't feel we got, I suspect every switch in a DCS FL aircraft will operate and the manual will detail them properly;)

ZaltysZ
11-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I imagine attacking a Tunguska with a Spitfire would get pretty frustrating after a while...

That is why they will probably release a P51. If it could kill Tiger tanks, it should be able to kill Tunguskas. I joke you, not. :rolleyes:

But if seriously, there are some lines regarding P51 in some lua scripts already. So P51 is very likely.

Sternjaeger II
11-16-2011, 10:22 AM
whichever the case, I think it's going to be an interesting and most welcome addition. The biggest challenge will probably be nailing the FM and DM: even if not complete yet, CoD has set a benchmark that is very, very high.

SNAFU
11-16-2011, 10:46 AM
I see the strength of a survey sim like CloD more in the game-play and potential scope of possibilities. It is simply not possible to simulate systems to that level of detail for so many planes CloD struggles to provide, so it is not fair to compare.

DCS has already set the benchmark concerning DM and FM at a level, CloD has yet to reach. ;) But I hope it will.

6S.Manu
11-16-2011, 10:55 AM
whichever the case, I think it's going to be an interesting and most welcome addition. The biggest challenge will probably be nailing the FM and DM: even if not complete yet, CoD has set a benchmark that is very, very high.

Yes, if it was working correctly... :-(

IMO into CloD we have so many good ideas who're not fully implemented.

GOZR
11-27-2011, 12:49 AM
I support any sims that make the correct aircraft and physics and graphics performances that goes with it.

theOden
11-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Charging customers for new content is ok.

Patching defects freely in current product is ok.

Releasing patch with minimal new content charging it as an expansion not making the patch part available seperately is not ok.

The only serious sim developer so far must be Bohemia Interactive remaining the respect for their old customers. Unprecedented so far looking at all the patches released for ArmA II after Operation Arrowhead to keep both products on similiar level.
Even OFP got a patch more then 10 years later.
I'll buy anything from the Spanel brothers as long as I live, even ArmA III despite not having any interest whatsoever in advertised spec ops approach but will probably shelv it (hell, I even rarely use Arrowhead expansion hanging out on Chernarus all days).

Will 1C release patch (free) content for CoD on par with whatever expansions (charged) such as BoM will contain? Only time will tell.

ED obviosly will never utilize this approach.