PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G940...is this a good investment?

Aer9o
11-14-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260892591483?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Eklund89
11-14-2011, 01:34 PM
No.

It still has reversalbug allover the place. Dont give retarded logitech any money.

Artist
11-14-2011, 02:37 PM
No, it is not - unless you're prepared to take it apart, solder and tinker and invest in one of Leo Bodnar's boards as a circumnavigation for the logitech firmware... - then it becomes a great stick

Search the "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" and "IL-2 Sturmovik" forums for "G940", "ReversalBug", "Spikes" and you'll know what I am talking about.

I have modded mine - and like it :grin:

Artist

Artist
11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Never had one incident of anything being
reversed

Nothing is "reversed", the ReversalBug is skipping values when the movement of an axis is reversed (...-9-8-7-6-5-4-7-8-9-...), which has been officially admitted and repaired by Logitech on the x and y axes of the stick but is still present in all other axes (throttle levers and dials, pedals, brakes and trims).

although there are complaints that the FFB on the cannons is too hard (shakes too hard).

That's easy to fix: edit "autocannon.ffe" with ForceEdit to decrease the intensity of that effect.

Artist

Edit: Orthography

pupo162
11-14-2011, 06:02 PM
no. i ive had 3.

they always break down with the same problem.

i fly with joytick very rarely (prefer the keybord, old habbits), but the last one lasted for something like 15 hours of use ( 25 days ). im going for a replace next week.

the problem:

note that during the video i only move both the throttle levers, check the dancing of the trim axes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYoiHN5wWM

Ze-Jamz
11-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Yes great stick, no upgrades, no mods and haven't had any problems with it at all.

Great stick

Qpassa
11-14-2011, 08:26 PM
I think it's a great HOTAS if you dare to open it and fix one wire

robtek
11-14-2011, 08:52 PM
I haven't modded mine also. it is my fourth and i am happy with it.

I only had to send back 2 Sticks, so i have a spare(repaired myself, very easy!) that will be modded if i find the time.

r0bc
11-14-2011, 08:59 PM
no. i ive had 3.

i fly with joytick very rarely (prefer the keybord, old habbits), but the last one lasted for something like 15 hours of use ( 25 days ). im going for a replace next week.

the problem:

note that during the video i only move both the throttle levers, check the dancing of the trim axes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYoiHN5wWM

I can't make my G940 do that, yet....I've had it for about a year

pupo162
11-14-2011, 09:43 PM
I can't make my G940 do that, yet....I've had it for about a year

its not like i move my throtle much too... im a 100% noob XD

pupo162
11-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Love the background on your comp. Can we get a better view of it? :)

no. ive lsot it :( it was "stollen from the ubi forum somewhere in 2010. I loved it too. i had some 3 of this quality.

bounty hunting this family and author :grin:

haha !

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/attachments/personal-gallery/128498d1271557430-favorite-wallpapers-lesofprimus-klar_zum_start1.jpg

i love you man, i had hte name of the pic on my workscreen, i never tought of it before.

ACE-OF-ACES
11-17-2011, 02:49 PM
no. i ive had 3.

the problem:

I only bought one.. and at first it worked fine.. Than I stated noticing the spikes in the trim (R1 R2?) when moving the throttles.. Next thing to go was the rudders.. They started doing the reversal spike as you moved the rudders.. Really causes the nose of the plane to yaw around badly.. It got so bad I finaly got rid of the rudders and got the new Satiek rudders..

Sad part is the joystick itself, wrt force feedback is great! but the throttles and rudders are total crap!

For a long time I was following the thread at Logi on this issue.. but.. after some months it looks like Logi has gave up on the G940.. Those who are not experancing problems should count themselfs lucky and hope that they.. like so many others.. dont have the problem show up eventually.

So if you have to have FFB joystick, and are willing to repalce the throttle and rudders, than go for it! But if you only have so much $ to spend, I would recomend you look for an old MSFFB2 joystick on ebay.

robtek
11-17-2011, 10:02 PM
The "throttle problem" of the G940 is really easy to repair, if your stick is out of warranty you just open the throttle unit (screws under the rubber pads) and control the connection from the pcb to the buttons and wheels.
Usually the cable ist almost too short and fixated with scews with washers, somtimes clamping a cable or causing tension wich pulls the plug from the socket.

The cable consists of 10 wires 0,14 mm thick, iirc, in my case a careful rerouting solved the problem.

brando
11-20-2011, 11:53 PM
I haven't modded mine also. it is my fourth and i am happy with it.

I only had to send back 2 Sticks, so i have a spare(repaired myself, very easy!) that will be modded if i find the time.

Incredible! What on earth does this say about Quality Control at the Logitech factory?
I wish you well with what you have, but I won't touch anything that takes three goes to get a good result.

cheers,
B

Scarecrow
11-21-2011, 03:42 AM
Got a G940 and like others say, the stick is excellent the rest of the kit is crap.
I'd love to try out the CH FrankenForce mod http://snomhf.exofire.net/frankenForce/intro.html

If CH mass produced that they could make some money

Faman
11-25-2011, 08:14 AM
I liked my new G940 out of the box at first but then I was adviced to use the Firmware 1.42 and so I did. It was a disaster, I didn't like it at all. FF violently kicking for nothing and too strong in the neutral zone.
Seems that Firmware totally messed it up. Any of you have experience with this?
I'm gonna return that thing today for a new one without updating..

ACE-OF-ACES
11-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Got a G940 and like others say, the stick is excellent the rest of the kit is crap.
I'd love to try out the CH FrankenForce mod http://snomhf.exofire.net/frankenForce/intro.html

If CH mass produced that they could make some moneyCOOL! I have been hanging onto my old serial CH force stick! Now I can convert it! Thanks for the link!