PDA

View Full Version : when im typing in the chatbar sometimes it randomly presses airplane commands too

AKA_Tenn
11-13-2011, 09:52 AM
like for instance... I'll type

"I'm taking off"

it would start my engine, open my map, turn on my wep, put up my gear, open my canopy set my flaps to raised position twice...
any way to fix that?

Mysticpuma
11-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Teamspeak 3?

Seriously I have had this happened it's a real irritation. Currently I see it in the long list of "stuff that isn't quite right but isn't important at the moment to fix" category?

Sorry but I thyink it's one of the long line of stuff to do.

MP

AKA_Tenn
11-13-2011, 10:22 AM
that sucks... guess i'll just have to be careful... thanks for the info...

corchard
11-13-2011, 06:50 PM
This sounds similar to something I used to experience when I was first dialing in my controls setup.

For example, when I was monkeying with setting up toe brakes for Axis planes, I soon realized my accidentally pressing the toe brakes just a little on my CH rudder pedals was sending a duplicate command I had mapped to a different command.

It can be a pain to track down conflicting commands mapped to different keys, but if you've programmed something like "alt" or "option" clicks to do certain things, and one command ends up affecting the other, then you get odd things happening when two keys are pressed at the same time.

Charlo

AKA_Tenn
11-18-2011, 02:42 AM
no, its not that... it'll be like... im saying hi! to the people in the server... in the chat bar... where' its not supposed to press any hotkeys down at all for any buttons duplicated or not in the config menu

bw_wolverine
11-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Yes, this is an issue of the game not disabling input for the aircraft when text is being typed in.

I get the same thing when I'm making a change to my info windows.

Any bound keys to letter will trigger. IE, if I type a 't' in the info window that I'm editing, my boost cut out will toggle.

I don't get this with the chat input line, however. As long as I hit the 'chat' hotkey I've set up, all text entered is just as text.