PDA

View Full Version : Can I request a "How to" on successfully using the in-game .avi recorder please?

Mysticpuma
11-12-2011, 10:41 AM
I am sure I am doing something wrong here and I wonder if anyone would post a "How to use the in-game .avi maker" in novice's terms please?

So-far any attempt I have made has resulted in the screen flashing Black and then showing 1 frame, flashing Black and showing 1-frame.

I think I must be doing something wrong as to render a file at the speed it seems to be doing it would take about 6-hours for a 10-second clip?

Hoping someone will consider posting an A-Z of how to use it including best quality render settings, etc, etc.

Cheers, MP

David198502
11-12-2011, 10:48 AM
hey mystic..i had the same problem...in case that you have "blur" enabled when recording, try it without it...helped me.

Mysticpuma
11-12-2011, 09:43 PM
No joy which is why I think I need a walk-through.

I ticked all the boxes on the right to remove labels and set 25fps. Hit the record button and it asks me where I want to save the video.

Click save, the screen goes Black and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get to task Manager and quit Launcher.exe

Oh well looks like another one for the bug list....going upstairs to the relevant thread, cheers, MP

JimmyBlonde
11-13-2011, 03:03 AM
I kind of wonder how long an .avi file would take to render on some machines.

It might just be too much for yours to handle all at once, try making a short clip and leave it for some time.

(Enjoy your videos by the way.)

Mysticpuma
11-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Jimmy, thanks for the reply....currently I have a 'beast' machine and it is pointless to try and create anything with the in-game video editor.

FRAPS all the way baby! ;)

Cheers, MP