PDA

View Full Version : Building xx has unlinked hooks?

salmo
11-07-2011, 04:02 AM
Mainly german factory building (I think), I position building parts but when I go to save mission I get "Building xx has unlinked hooks" error. I've tried ticking the "snap" & "fit objects" options under the view menu but these aren't doing the trick. Help with object hooks anyone?

Ataros
11-08-2011, 10:52 AM
IIRC hooks will be used for placing cars, furniture and other environmental objects near buildings in the future. Do not know what the error means. If it is in red probably it is only debug note for mission designer and does not influence mission performance (as with "Aerodrome waypoint 0" error for instance).

salmo
12-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Bumping here because I still can't figure this one out. When you place any part of a German industrial building in FMB (they come in 3 parts) & try to save the mission, you get a "Building xx has unlinked hooks" error message. This suggests that each part of the large building is designed to be "hooked" together, but I can't figure out how?

ATAG_Bliss
12-25-2011, 04:31 AM
As far as I can tell, this is broken in the FMB (amongst a plethora of other things). The bridge pieces will hook though. You may be able to get it to work through the notepad though.

Just take a gander at the large German industrial building for instance. When you hook the other pieces they will get sucked together, but when you look at them on the map in 3d view the other pieces are actually sitting on the ground (not on the concrete pad).

The bridge piece hook points are all green (aka they will hook in any which way) while the building pieces are mostly red (I'm guessing some sort of error).