PDA

View Full Version : Blenheim Mk IV pilots,please help

Plt Off JRB Meaker
11-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Getting to grips with flying this Blenheim on CEM now and have got it sussed,I think,but I'm still not there 100%.

On take off,once both my engines are up to speed and my oil temps have reached about 40c,I start to make my run down the runway,slowly at first then biulding up the power but keeping her straight is a nightmare,she just want's to veer right all the time,please,where am I going wrong?

I have my foot firmly on the left rudder trying to keep her straight,but she insists on turning right.I just don't get it,I have ensured both engines are running at the same,equal RPM,have tried adding in trim but she still heads to starboard,it's doing my head in,lol:confused:

Sokol1
11-05-2011, 05:09 PM
where am I going wrong?

What is wrong is "Cross Country " mission, due 3 ms cross wind.

1 - Open then in FMB and edit wind values or change departure base to Isle of Wight (ie)...

2 - Or continue this torture fight with rudder... :) Probable in 10 attempts you success in 2.

:)

Sokol1

Plt Off JRB Meaker
11-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Thanks Cheesehawk,no I'm ok on that check,If I can just suss this turning to the right problem out I'm home and dry,not withstanding the fact it takes forever for the oil temps to reach 40c.

I have both rads open full,but to not do this invites an engine overheat and is too risky.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
11-05-2011, 05:42 PM
What is wrong is "Cross Country " mission, due 3 ms cross wind.

1 - Open then in FMB and edit wind values or change departure base to Isle of Wight (ie)...

2 - Or continue this torture fight with rudder... :) Probable in 10 attempts you success in 2.

:)

Sokol1

Ahhh.........you're right,and yes this is 'bloody torture',forgot about the cross winds,doh.

jf1981
11-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Look at the panel, slightly on the bottom/right, there are two vertical comumns with trim setting. Adjust rudder to midway between neutral and bottom. Elevator to midway between neutral and top.

It shall help you during take off.

J-F

aus3620
11-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Had the same issues in Single Player. Most of the issues are not apparent when flying in Multi-Player (online) mode. Before persevering in SP mode have a go in MP.