PDA

View Full Version : Blenheim Bombardier

aus3620
11-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Is level bombing from the Blenheim Bombardier position correctly configured in the game?
ie flight trim controlled by bombardier, set height. speed etc.

If so, is there a tutorial?

I note that some of the guides indicate that bomb clearance angles in a dive is 55 degrees. So the Blen is capable of dive-bombing (within the 55 degree limitation)? Aim via the gunsight?

IvanK
11-02-2011, 01:27 AM
I dont believe the Bombardier had any ability to Trim or fly the aircraft. Corrections were by voice to the pilot.

Timberwolf
11-02-2011, 02:11 AM
It's use had many types of roles, However being a lighter aircraft and a 3 seater. 2 of which were upfront Under / Over config the main controls were the pliots

I have My grandfathers flight manual for a Lancaster MK X It also shows "Bomb aimer's compartment" for other models and makes incase of a Bombardier being transfured to another aircraft A "quick notes" type deal
But nothing on Medium bombers

By mid war many Blenheims were turned to recon or night fighters when the Mosquito came into use and were able to use a heavier bomb load and a crew of 2 and multi roles better then the blenheims with less resources do to its wooden airframe