PDA

View Full Version : What should I do now?

Tavingon
11-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Hate to say this but Im getting a little bored.. need some new planes or things to do.. I fiddled round with MP but hardly anyone was playing..

addman
11-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Well if you want new planes, you'd better prepare yourself to wait quite a while. New planes/cockpits takes a lot of time to make and from what we know it seems like most of luthiers assets are working on the up coming sequel.

Have you tried any of the bombers? I know they might not seem as "fun" as the fighters but they will give you a nice feeling of satisfaction when you complete a successful bomb run. It's a different kind of fun. :)

JG52Uther
11-01-2011, 02:47 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27107

IamNotDavid
11-01-2011, 03:02 PM
from what we know it seems like most of luthiers assets are working on the up coming sequel.

Where did he post that? I missed it.

trumps
11-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Either you are some sort of flying prodigy, or you have set your self very low standards and are not interested in becoming really proficient with all the types the game already has on offer! There always seem to be plenty of people on ATAG, and enough people to make things enjoyable on several other servers, you really need to be online to get a challenge out of this title at the moment, more planes wont change things for you for long!

Craig

JG52Krupi
11-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Where did he post that? I missed it.

Perhaps the images of the il2 and the wip la5... If they are working on those models then I would say it fairly certain we shouldn't expect new aicraft in cod... Would like to be proved wrong though.

Vengeanze
11-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Hate to say this but Im getting a little bored.. need some new planes or things to do.. I fiddled round with MP but hardly anyone was playing..

Try the campaign. ;-)

IamNotDavid
11-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Perhaps the images of the il2 and the wip la5... If they are working on those models then I would say it fairly certain we shouldn't expect new aicraft in cod... Would like to be proved wrong though.

How did you get "MOST assets" from a couple of images?

Flanker35M
11-01-2011, 04:19 PM
S!

Battle for Moscow = Great Patriotic War. Backbone of Russian self esteem. Sells like weed in college parties. So you can guess the team will make it with every asset available.

Look at World Of Tanks. Over 2 times players in Russian servers(some 100k+ vs 40k peaking on EU). Why? Russian tanks. Again sells like dope there.

I wish the development would have gone differently as then we would have had a totally different experience and for Luthier a lot less work on sequels, as the BASE would be already done. But now..got a pile of messed up code and currently working his arse off to save what can be saved while preparing a sequel. I really do not envy the team..

CaptainDoggles
11-01-2011, 04:21 PM

Multiplayer gets quite busy during UK and then US prime times. Usually towards the end of the week you'll see 3 or 4 servers with 50+ people on.

Not quite what 1946 was but still good fun.

I've had some really awesome, exciting sorties lately. Just yesterday I had a spit come in from above me, up at 5km+ over France. I managed to get him to burn off some of his E and gained the advantage but he knew what he was doing and worked very hard to deny me the shot. I got some hits but I only had 15 rounds of cannon left so I just couldn't complete the kill. The fight lasted so long he ran out of fuel!

I had to take a break after that because my palms were all sweaty on the controls!

addman
11-01-2011, 04:23 PM
How did you get "MOST assets" from a couple of images?

Dude chill, it's an educated guess. Think about it, they are working on a new title, of course they prioritize that. This isn't what the thread is about though.

IamNotDavid
11-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Dude chill, it's an educated guess.

No, dude, it's blatant trolling. You have no idea what their staffing priorities are.

As for what the thread is about, you should stick to that topic instead of trolling.

addman
11-01-2011, 04:45 PM
No, dude, it's blatant trolling. You have no idea what their staffing priorities are.

As for what the thread is about, you should stick to that topic instead of trolling.

Woow, easy there cowboy. I said it was a guess didn't I? As for contributing to the topic, I already have but I can't see any posts by you giving Tavingon any tips on how to reinvigorate his CloD experience so feel free to help him out.

JG52Krupi
11-01-2011, 04:48 PM

Oh XXXX David as usual you are the one trolling...

He just gave his opinion and I am sure to a certain degree Addman is correct but at the end of the day we have about as much knowledge of what they are doing as the office door... One thing is sure they are working on the sequel Battle of Moscow.

CaptainDoggles
11-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Christ, people. Start a new "Staffing priorities" thread.

IamNotDavid
11-01-2011, 04:55 PM
You're right, I didn't offer any advice. Nor do I intend to. If he can't figure out how to enjoy this game, he probably should not have bought it.

JG52Krupi
11-01-2011, 05:16 PM
You're right, I didn't offer any advice. Nor do I intend to. If he can't figure out how to enjoy this game, he probably should not have bought it.

Get the ban hammer on this geezer already...

IamNotDavid
11-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Best news I've read on this forum in a while.

gwalch
11-01-2011, 05:38 PM
How do you know if you will enjoy a game without buying it?
By the way,Addman is right,the game is boring by now.
Battle for moscow,what happened to Battle of Britain?

KG26_Alpha
11-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Get the ban hammer on this geezer already...

It will be on you if you keep up the bad mouth swearing.

nearmiss
11-01-2011, 05:39 PM
The game is boring imo because its so empty, dis-functional, and broke. When i actually uninstalled and went to play other games i came back and the graphics are not that special at all, the physics are wacky, and the sound is frankly bog standard. It took me ages to see this but now i cant reverse how i feel about this game.
I had hoped there would be some news having been away from a while but alas as it was a few months ago nothing because the game is screwed and they cant fix it.

So I guess I'm saying cya guys I'm done with all this now which is a shame because I liked this community and interacting with you all.

They'll fix it alright, and those with lame talk will be back around, naturally not confessing their past negative attitudes.

It is appropriate, people that don't like it should move on without making a big ruckus and getting banned a couple times before they get the message.

:rolleyes:

Boogz
11-01-2011, 05:43 PM
from what we know it seems like most of luthiers assets are working on the up coming sequel

Are you taking the piss? Where do "we" (and btw, who are "we"?) "know" this from?

Boogz

IamNotDavid
11-01-2011, 05:45 PM
How do you know if you will enjoy a game without buying it?

You read the description on the box.

CaptainDoggles
11-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Battle for Moscow isn't coming out for a good long while.

The modelers have to work on something, though, so they probably get well ahead of the rest of the team. We were seeing nearly-complete Wellington models years ago.

They released the info about the expansion to try to soothe peoples' fears about 1c folding. They tried to say "Look, we're planning an expansion. We're not going to pick up and run" but people interpreted it as "We're not going to fix the existing game"

They'll fix this game.

You guys who find it boring: Join a squadron, get involved with the online campaign that 5./JG27 are running. Soon we're going to have online wars to participate in, and quite frankly those never get old.

ARM505
11-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Play Battlefield 3. I'd recommend not climbing into any aircraft though :)

JG52Krupi
11-01-2011, 05:55 PM

Well he deserved it... he once again immediately starts having a pop at another persons opinion and gets away with it....

GOOD JOB DUDE:rolleyes:

IamNotDavid
11-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Well he deserved it... he once again immediately starts having a pop at another persons opinion and gets away with it....

Yes, how terrible of me to point out that a person trolling about staffing priorities really has no idea what they're talking about. :rolleyes:

theOden
11-01-2011, 06:05 PM
..and those with lame talk will be back around, naturally not confessing their past negative attitudes.

Are you for real?
If the game is broken and extremely embarrasing in general, are they having a "negative attitude" pointing it out?
If all of us seeing faults would shut up how would the quality actually improve?
Are you convinced that Luthier is a mind-reader?

I don't have words for people like you.

ATAG_Keller
11-01-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't know how you can be bored with this game. Might I suggest that you find a server with a Teamspeak/Ventrillo server and some people online and fly some missions alongside your teammates.

I play on ATAG and never have the same experience twice, just a great group of guys that are always willing to come to my aid if I'm flying a Stuka with a Hurry on my 6. That's the kind of experience that will keep this game exciting for me for a long time.

JG52Uther
11-01-2011, 06:27 PM
You guys who find it boring: Join a squadron, get involved with the online campaign that 5./JG27 are running. Soon we're going to have online wars to participate in, and quite frankly those never get old.

This +1000000

addman
11-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Just been on ATAG, had a blast with Flanker and some other dudes online, try that Tavingon. You might not get sucked in the first time, nor the second time but eventually you'll realize how fun it is. Now if only the Repka servers (I have better latency with Repka) could have the same missions as ATAG.....

The rest of you -mods included- who twisted this thread into something completely different then the OP asked for, do the same or just get out.

Flanker35M
11-01-2011, 07:42 PM
S!

And Addman was in his Fiat Tipo..err..G.50 and got some kills too! Also saw some IL-2 old hands there so was a blast. I say that when this sim matures graphically and otherwise we have a stellar experience :) Even now I enjoy this with the flaws we all know..and I am a picky sod ;) See ya in the skies!

addman
11-01-2011, 07:49 PM
S!

And Addman was in his Fiat Tipo..err..G.50 and got some kills too! Also saw some IL-2 old hands there so was a blast. I say that when this sim matures graphically and otherwise we have a stellar experience :) Even now I enjoy this with the flaws we all know..and I am a picky sod ;) See ya in the skies!

LOL! Yeah, I trimmed that G.50 so hard it almost disintegrated trying to catch those Blennies but bagged a couple lol! Also agree in the rest, it's got a looong way to go still but it's improving.

P.S Don't speak ill of the G.50, it's like the only crap plane in this sim ;) We need more crap planes!

Kongo-Otto
11-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Dude chill, it's an educated guess.

Look who's talking!
You are accusing addman of "blatant trolling"?
Such words from the author of the most pretentious trash here in this forum. :rolleyes:
Now thats bollocks at its best!!

Kongo-Otto
11-01-2011, 08:06 PM

Others get banned for bits and bobs and others can troll here like david or AoA for months and you are publicly applauding it!

I would call that a biased moderator!

Good Job Dude!

nearmiss
11-01-2011, 08:17 PM
You guys need to read the rules of the forums.

14. Discussion of topics which were locked by an administrator or a moderator is prohibited. Any kind of discussion concerning moderators' or administrators' actions is prohibited.

nearmiss
11-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Are you for real?
If the game is broken and extremely embarrasing in general, are they having a "negative attitude" pointing it out?
If all of us seeing faults would shut up how would the quality actually improve?
Are you convinced that Luthier is a mind-reader?

I don't have words for people like you.

I have few for you..

You need to learn the rules of the forums. You will now enjoy a couple weeks to refresh them in your mind before you post again.

14. Discussion of topics which were locked by an administrator or a moderator is prohibited. Any kind of discussion concerning moderators' or administrators' actions is prohibited.

Vengeanze
11-01-2011, 08:30 PM
I have few for you..

You need to learn the rules of the forums. You will now enjoy a couple weeks to refresh them in your mind before you post again.

What you guys have against swedes, huh!? First me and now Oden.
Must be cause we kicked som russian butts some years ago in the 1700 century so 1C ordered you to crack down on all swedes.
Shameless I tell ya!!

Kongo-Otto
11-01-2011, 08:31 PM
You guys need to read the rules of the forums.

Just call a spade a spade, david and some others are protected by you and the forum staff, isnt it?
And now ban me or do what you want.

Kongo-Otto
11-01-2011, 08:33 PM
What you guys have against swedes, huh!? First me and now Oden.
Must be cause we kicked som russian butts some years ago in the 1700 century so 1C ordered you to crack down on all swedes.
Shameless I tell ya!!

The reason? Swedish Girls!! make russian girls look ugly since 1462!!! :grin:

Vengeanze
11-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Yuoo're-a nut a trooe-a Svede-a, reel Svedes ind ifery stetement veet "Bork bork bork!" ;)

Come again? :confused:

addman
11-01-2011, 08:48 PM
You're not a true Swede, real Swedes end every statement with "Bork bork bork!" ;)

That statement is wrong sir!...BORK BORK BORK!!!

robtek
11-01-2011, 08:55 PM
I'd say that everybody who gets bored by CoD is:

a) a offliner who doesn't want to download and/or buy additional contend.

b) not a real flight-simmer fixed on wwii

c) prefers fps/console games to sims.

d) extremely impatient (always bad for a pilot or any serious job)

imo :D

Kongo-Otto
11-01-2011, 08:56 PM
;):grin:;):grin:

http://www.abload.de/img/uh585331260193900borgyudv.jpg

Kongo-Otto
11-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I'd say that everybody who gets bored by CoD is:

a) a offliner who doesn't want to download and/or buy additional contend.

b) not a real flight-simmer fixed on wwii

c) prefers fps/console games to sims.

d) extremely impatient (always bad for a pilot or any serious job)

imo :D

:cool:;)
http://www.dor-lomin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/lebowski-opinion.jpg

Vengeanze
11-01-2011, 09:00 PM
The reason? Swedish Girls!! make russian girls look ugly since 1462!!! :grin:

Miss Russia
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/2/armpit-woman.jpg

Miss America
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RgZwGRobY3A/SuShjROCHgI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/kMOmKzopDK8/s400/female+hillbilly.PNG

Miss England
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/11129644_9554.jpg

Miss Sweden
http://mightdriftaway.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/hot-swedish-girl.jpg

Kongo-Otto
11-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Sorry to correct you but this is the REAL Miss America :grin::grin::grin:
http://gogirlblog.de/wp-content/uploads/Justin-Bieber_als-Vampir.jpg

hiro
11-03-2011, 06:50 AM
I kinda like http://chocorya.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/derailed.jpg

Miss moderator

http://captionsearch.com/pix/v5b7ju6zry.jpg

Miss japan

http://www.welt.de/multimedia/archive/00771/eng_Japan_anime_2_B_771078p.jpg

miss italy

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/318/3/e/Aph__Italy_and_Grenades_by_Mitsukai_katana.jpg

miss germany

http://www.globaldatingrevolution.com/images/articles/euro-girls/large/20-german-girl.jpg

Ataros
11-03-2011, 09:17 AM

MP is boring only if you do not fly a damaged plane 1 vs. 2 when out of cannon ammo. Videos by MK.Mr.X.
40 people on ATAG btw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U55cYZFaRN8&feature=player_embedded
(Some freezes in this video, not in others.)

Boring MP montage (1080p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AcJ7oOOcxQ&feature=player_embedded

Here is a challenge for everyone who feels he achieved everything in this game and is bored with MP. Be a man ;) and share your videos in that thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26897

For MP go to "Client" room, not "Lobby" room btw. :grin:

JG52Uther
11-03-2011, 10:22 AM
http://www.globaldatingrevolution.com/images/articles/euro-girls/large/20-german-girl.jpg

Hot girl is hot! :)