PDA

View Full Version : German ac course setter

zahnartz62
10-29-2011, 12:22 AM
I am learning to fly in Single player Quick MIssion, Cross Country. Please explain Course Setter,,I did check the manual but many subjects are missing! I want to fly from Upavon 235 deg take off, left turn to approx 110 deg and land at Andover. How do I set the course? Course Setter mid panel first? Or set 110 deg in course preset? I think it is easy when I know how...but then everything is! If there is a FAQ, happy to look it up.

zahnartz62
10-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Well I'll bring the non responders up to date..I mapped the Cycle Modes autopilot to my joystick. I am fling Single Player, Quick Mission, Cross Country. Sitting in the cockpit,I fiddled with the gauges and found the center button on the compass repeater allows a course to be set. I was facing 235 deg on Upavon Field and wanted to fly to Andover on 110 deg which I moved the dial to. I took off, Bf110..my training AC.. and it did follow 110 deg as I followed it on the map. OK..now, can someone tell me what "Course Autopilot Preset" upper bar and lower bar "Directional Gyro: do? Must I watch "Course Autopilit Deviation" bars? It is a beautiful day here in Texas, it is Saturday, you have all day to to give me, a FNG, a little "hep"! Afterall, when I was a boy the real BoB was taking place and it is a real joy for me to fly these AC I admired so long ago! I am not yet at the "Don't Buy Green Bananas" stage of life but you could shorten my learning curve. BTW..where in the Ju87 is the lever to set for dive recovery..I found the dial for setting altitude. Many thanks in advance!! John

TomcatViP
10-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi Zahnart and welcome aboard,

The Direction finder is pretty simple stuff : just select your desired curse and turn your plane until the needle is in the 12h position.

Regarding the auto pilot I never used it but it shd work very basically by holding your heading (possibly linked to the ADI needle - but I am not sure) and your attitude. If I remind well you only then hve to keep the wing level and select your AoA using the AP lever as a trim.

Auto-pilot were not designed for cross country navigation at the time but only to help the pilot at night and in bad weather. Once the auto pilot was engaged the pilot just had to focus on keeping his wing level and monitor the heading : alrdy a great help if you hve to fly in a gusty clouds !

Hve fun and join us asap on MP !

~S!