PDA

View Full Version : Is KB Warriors a add on to KBAP/Cross?

vmxa
10-28-2011, 07:35 PM
It looks like it is not KB2, is it a carry forward to the rest? I mean I am glad to see it either way and will be getting it asap.

Darkeonz
11-27-2011, 01:20 AM
I really hope this game is as big as armored princess was. My problem with crossroads was the lack of a new big campaign. I mean sure there were new campaigns, but not in the same way, and those were much quicker to finish.

I can't wait to play this game though :-D... gonna be awesome

thufir11
12-09-2011, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't change anything on KB, i just want huge new story and after few month new datadisk;-)

fillyra
12-11-2011, 02:45 AM
Maybe it'll be a new game that'll have a better editor. I actually haven't touched the Crossworlds editor since last year December though. <:3c

Mygaffer
04-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Maybe it'll be a new game that'll have a better editor. I actually haven't touched the Crossworlds editor since last year December though. <:3c

So far it seems an editor is low on the priority list. I have heard there is some debate about taking the time to do it on the dev team. Of course some have also said the earlier editor would be compatible. So we will see. These games have been fairly popular, I am sure that once the game launches there will be some follow up content. To not produce follow up content on a PC release in this day and age would be criminally stupid, as DLC can generate a lot of cash while giving fans more content.

Hey, if they released a $10 addon that had extra campaigns and an editor, I'd buy it.

wolfing
06-25-2012, 12:23 AM
King's Bounty Armored Pricess was KB2, and this is KB3. Crossworlds was an expansion to KB2.

Darkeonz
07-04-2012, 05:06 AM
King's Bounty Armored Pricess was KB2, and this is KB3. Crossworlds was an expansion to KB2.

I disagree ;)... it would have been announced as KB2 then and it wasn't. It was announced and released as an expansion to King's bounty Legend.

Fatt_Shade
07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
@Darkeonz I disagree with your disagreement :-) KB-TheLegend was game for itself, then KB-AP came with same looks, but whole new story, locations, units, many new skills, items, spells etc, so i think of it as new game KB2, with KB-CW=KB2,5.
So announced KB-WotN should be KB3.
But it just my opinion, and by default it is true :-D

Mandea
07-04-2012, 01:40 PM
There is no KB2 or 3 or any other number. I really hope they are working on a KB2.

Gamespot now has a december release date for WOTN. :(

Darkeonz
07-05-2012, 09:02 AM
@Darkeonz I disagree with your disagreement :-) KB-TheLegend was game for itself, then KB-AP came with same looks, but whole new story, locations, units, many new skills, items, spells etc, so i think of it as new game KB2, with KB-CW=KB2,5.
So announced KB-WotN should be KB3.
But it just my opinion, and by default it is true :-D

So Starcraft: heart of the swarm, is basically starcraft 3 by your standard and not an expansion? ;)

I think you're wrong

Darkeonz
07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
There is no KB2 or 3 or any other number. I really hope they are working on a KB2.

Gamespot now has a december release date for WOTN. :(

I rather have a December release and then have the game be super solid. I hope it doesn't get delayed further though :-D

Mandea
07-05-2012, 09:20 AM
yeah, me too. Let's hope it is worth waiting.

rickah88
07-05-2012, 04:26 PM
I disagree ;)... it would have been announced as KB2 then and it wasn't. It was announced and released as an expansion to King's bounty Legend.

I agree!
At this point in the KB life cycle I don't think it really matters, but there has never been an "official" KB2/KB3 as released by 1C.
Fans can assume and/or label it however they want, but I go by what's listed on 1C's site.

1darklord
07-05-2012, 04:46 PM
I don't really think of them as full sequels as they include the same engine, graphics etc. Great games either way of course.

Hmm I may have to replay again soon! I was playing HOMM6 but it just isn't as good as King's Bounty.

Daniel.

Fatt_Shade
07-05-2012, 05:25 PM
@ 1darklord If you`re interested to replay some game from KB series, try theLegend with this mod http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=436587#post436587 . it great addon and interesting new strategies are available with changes in it. Have fun :-)

vmxa
09-18-2012, 01:30 PM

Nope. They have the same engine, the same everything. Monsters, play, UI, graphics in Warriors. Not one thing that would make anyone call it a new game.

A new hero and a few monsters is not even enough to get an expansion from me. It is really more like a new map.

I am a fanboy, so I will buy it, but I suspect the reviewers will not be kind. They plastered Might and Magic VII and VIII for being retreads.

Mandea
09-18-2012, 02:28 PM
new maps; there are many islands in the picture Katauri released a while ago. I can't wait for this game, and I could care less about reviewers.

Fatt_Shade
09-18-2012, 07:55 PM
@Mandea You should care about reviewers, because they indirectly decide of game acceptance on market. Bad acceptance = bad sales = bad studio income = no next game in series :-(
If KB is only funded by sales of game to fans, it would burn to ground long ago, games today need lots of advertisement, and marketing and neither of that is easy to get with game that got bad reviews from major gaming sites.
Kb- the Legend got great marks, it was new and interesting and lots to fun to play. KB-AP still got good marks but for same graphic and engine, it didnt gave impression like lots of new ideas were involved in making that game (only adding more content to old recipe), same thing goes for CW. I think more change to game was Red Sands mod with new island and changed flow of game, then CW with orc race adrenalin.
If this KB-WotN gave us same looks and mechanic engine like previous games we as old fans will still buy and play it. But new players wont like it much if game get crucified by gaming magazines/sites.

Mandea
09-19-2012, 07:53 AM
I should, but I really don't. bad acceptance doesn't necessarily mean no next game, it may very well mean a next game with a new engine, new races etc and I really think it's time for this.

And as long as the game is good, even if the engine aging, the game will get decent reviews. It can't get bad reviews as long as they don't screw the whole concept of KB and from the loks of it it doesn't seem to be the case so....

As long as all kinds of low indie games get 8 and 9, I really don't see WotN getting less.