PDA

View Full Version : How to define your Battle Map

Flak_Rambler
10-26-2011, 11:09 PM
For those guys like me that are in the basic level and after a try & error session, I want to share with you how to do it quickly and easy.

To define the area in your map there are 5 parameters, but please note that all these parameters are to be define in meters:

1) Left.- refers to the vertical axis in the selected map
2) Bottom Edge: refers to the horizontal axis in the selected map
For example, if you look for the city of Chichester (to the left of Tangemere), the vertical axis (Left) is 100.0 and the horizontal (Bottom Edge) is 200.0
Because the grid in the map is in meters, you have to set in the box
Left=100,000
Bottom Edge = 200,000
By doing this, you are positioning where your Battle Map will start, you have defined its coordinates!

With the next 3 parameters you define the map area to cover:
3) Width: defines how wide along the horizontal axis your map will be
4) Height: defines how high along the vertical axis your map will be
5) Sector: defines how long the side of the squares you want it to be

Again this is metric system, so I recommend you to define the length of the Sector 10,000 meters, in other words you will have squares 10,000 by 10,000 meters.

Therefore, to define the Width of your map along the horizontal axis, it has to be in multiples of squares, 1 square: 10,000; 2 squares 20,000; 3 squares 30,000 and so on.

By the same token, the Height of your map along the vertical axis in multiples of squares will be the same 10,000 for 1, 20,000 for 2, 30,000 for 3 and so on.
For example, if you define:
Width= 50,000
Height=20,000
Sector=10,000
Your map area will have 5 squares along the horizontal axis and 2 squares along the vertical axis, starting at the coordinates previously defined

Please note that once you run the mission, the map that is presented is in miles, so your squares won't match!! but the defined Battle Map area will be correct. This difference in criteria was the most difficult part for me to understand.

Jazz-Man
11-04-2011, 12:40 AM
It should be noted that the maximum width and height parameters seems to be 55,000. Anyone else notice that?

FG28_Kodiak
11-04-2011, 04:30 AM
Hm normaly i press the A-Button and hold it, then left mouse-button and make the rectangle i needed, then i enter the sectorsize manually. :rolleyes:

Jazz-Man
11-08-2011, 05:31 AM
Interesting, once I get 55,000 units in width or height, the sector map stops changing size. This has been true on every map I've tried to use it on. I will try and drag it out manually, might let me around that.