PDA

View Full Version : CTD when playing my created missions

_RAAF_Smouch
10-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Several times over the couple of days I have tried to create a mission in FMB, and save it in the Single mission folder, which it does and I can select it.

The problem I strike is that it either CTD at the 50% loading or the mission will load and, as in this afternoons case run for about five minutes and then I CTD with the 'Launcher Failed' error message pop up.

The mission is a simple on with 3 flights of He-111s and one flight of 109E-4's taking off from separate bases and one flight of six Spit Mk II's taking off and me sitting in a single Spit elsewhere in England.

With the settings I am using I can scroll through each flight to track their progress to see how the mission will run with the view to converting it to a MP mission down the track.

But five minutes in 'Launcher Failed" and back to desktop I go. My system specs are as listed below.

I think it's not a graphics issue because this has happened across two different driver versions.

Any ideas?

salmo
10-26-2011, 10:35 AM
A. Verify integrity of game cache:
1.Load Steam
2.From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3.Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
4.Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5.Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

B. Go to task manager & watch what's happening. Is their a second instance of COD launching itself?

_RAAF_Smouch
10-27-2011, 02:21 AM
http://www.mission4today.com/images/smiles/woo.gif
Thanks Sal,

Appears to have solved it. mission is approx 40+ mins of flight time and at around 20 mins and no CTD.

Cheers mate. :)

salmo
10-27-2011, 08:21 AM
http://www.mission4today.com/images/smiles/woo.gif
Thanks Sal,

Appears to have solved it. mission is approx 40+ mins of flight time and at around 20 mins and no CTD.

Cheers mate. :)

You're welcome Mike.