PDA

View Full Version : III.KG1 Ju88 Bomber Campaign posted on Airwarfare.Com

dflion
10-23-2011, 05:53 AM
I have just posted a 12 mission Ju88 bomber campaign on Airwarfare.com. (link below)

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=53&task=view.download&catid=4&cid=181

This is a semi-historic scripted campaign, with full briefing files and pics. I would specially like to thank FG28 Kodiak and Ataros for their help and encouragement with the scripting. The scripting still works 'intermittently' and until we get the full 'FMB sdk' from Ilya and team, campaign building is still a bit 'hit and miss'?

The 12 mission campaign takes you on a journey from the 26th Jun 1940 until the bombing of the London docks on the 7th Sep 1940. All missions are based on a compilation of various real Ju88 missions at the time. I personally enjoyed flying the Ju88 and have included full pilot notes to help you. I have also provided a copy of the 'bombardier notes' from the official Il-2 COD guide.

I noticed that Ilya has upgraded the bombing capability of the Ju88 on the latest release ver. 1.05.15950. I have tested the campaign in the latest release and everything is working very well. The only major difference is that the night missions are now a bit darker.
Please read the campaign notes for downloading information, pilots notes and acknowledgements.

DFLion

Gamekeeper
10-23-2011, 08:07 AM
There is a missing character in above link.
Campaign can be downloaded here (http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=53&task=view.download&catid=4&cid=181)

Stiboo
10-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Many thanks David

oooh a bomber campaign, must learn how to use the bombsight again!

Have you managed to crack the mission success/failure script?

and does the campaign resume after you exit the game and go back to it another time?

I will study the script in detail to see what I can learn.. !

Downloading now...can't wait to give it a try later !!

Cheers

Simon

justme262
10-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks!
I have been wanting to play a bomber campaign. This is very well made. I'm really enjoying it.
I had to add some lines to the campaign config file. Maybe most people already know this stuff, but for anyone else like me who didn't, here's what your campaign config will look like to make it work.

[Main]
campaign_gb
campaign_de
KG1_Ju88

[campaign_gb]
folder campaign_gb
title Cliffs Of Dover
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
folder campaign_de
title Adler Angriff
image Poster.bmp

[KG1_Ju88]
folder KG1_Ju88
title KG1_Ju88
image Poster.bmp

jamesdietz
10-27-2011, 02:53 PM
I can't seem to get this working as a campaign- do I need to somehow enable it?I can get it to work as individual missions however.

Rowddy
10-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Txs m8 realy awsome, downloading now :)

justme262
10-27-2011, 09:37 PM
I can't seem to get this working as a campaign- do I need to somehow enable it?I can get it to work as individual missions however.

When I followed the instructions and put it in parts, bob, mission, campaign.
It didn't show up in the game. I had to enable it by adding the lines to the campaign cofig file in parts, bob, mission, campaign.
I just copied the structure of the default campaigns. It worked then with all the breifings and pictures. But I still failed every mission even though I landed at the right airfield. Maybe because I didn't follow the waypoints proper

If you look at my earlier post you can see what to do.

dflion
10-28-2011, 05:53 AM
When I followed the instructions and put it in parts, bob, mission, campaign.
It didn't show up in the game. I had to enable it by adding the lines to the campaign cofig file in parts, bob, mission, campaign.
I just copied the structure of the default campaigns. It worked then with all the breifings and pictures. But I still failed every mission even though I landed at the right airfield. Maybe because I didn't follow the waypoints proper

If you look at my earlier post you can see what to do.

Unfortunately it does not configure automatically, so you have to add the lines as shown in your previous post justme262 - my apologies and thankyou again justme262.

The scripting files work sometimes, though if you get a mission failure there is a button to proceed to the next mission. The only problem you have is if you want to leave the campaign mission you are up to, it will not allow you to start at the next mission when you come back again. I will get one of the scripting 'gurus' to have a look at them.

Maybe it would be better to fly the campaign as single missions until we sort out the scripting files.

Mainly for the newbies, the following commands will help you master the bombsight.

1. Once in the cockpit press C to cycle to the bombardiers position.
3. Then press Shift F1 to see through the telescopic bombsight.
4. Make bomb sight adjustments by pressing the CTRL plus Numpad buttons
5. Come away from the bombsight by pressing Shift F1 again.
6. At any cockpit position C - pilot, bombardier, gunner you can press Shift F1 to get a better view.

Hope this helps?

DFLion