PDA

View Full Version : v1.05.15950 PATCH BUG THREAD

Pages : [1] 2

furbs
10-17-2011, 09:35 PM
No Hit sounds on my own aircraft.

Still getting lock-ups ...2 in 45 mins play.

SNAFU
10-17-2011, 09:40 PM
-Net-Lag, refreshing of AI positions (Ground/Air) takes too long, causing ghost dots
-ATI stripes on the horizont on low alts
-RAF Radio breaks in combination with the custom menu (TAB no longer works) as soon as more AI planes are spawned
-Magnetos have no function anymore
-Fuel primer of 109 has still no function
-usual list of bugs concerning FM/DM...

Mysticpuma
10-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Using Simpeds Rudder pedals.

In options I choose the correct Axis for the pedals by pressing L or R pedal.

When I rejoin the game no change has been made to the pedal input, Pedal pushes operate the incorrect Rudder input. I tried hitting the Reverse option and it seems to work, but as soon as I refly the mission the pedal input has been reset.

AI....Now I know there is a big thread regarding this....but AGGGGHHHHH!!!!! If I have to see another bloody barrel roll over and over again, the E/A decelerates, rolls and rolls towards the ground, amazingly pulls out then extends...and repeats over and over and bloody over!!!

Building pop-up seems to be ugly again.

Sun flare is odd

Mirrors are pointless

Occasional stutter but vastly improved.

Cheers, MP

335th_GRAthos
10-17-2011, 10:16 PM
How can I get a dump file?

Flying window mode 3072x1024

At the ATAG server, over England at 4000m above the english base.
I am watching a plane take off below me.
The AAA burst some 2000m below me.

Suddenly Win7 gives me the message "Launcher stoped working" and throws me to the desktop.

Tried to find the dump file, there was one created at the exact time point but it had 0kb size.

~S~

JG52Krupi
10-17-2011, 10:43 PM
E4 Prop pitch is still fubar (WTF)...

Tacoma74
10-17-2011, 11:15 PM

Yea, same thing here. My engine doesn't want to exceed about 1500rpm. It's like driving around everywhere in 5th gear... can't get any decent power out of it.

Insuber
10-17-2011, 11:21 PM
- E4 auto-prop pitch is broken
- white trail bug still present
- landing gear down bug for Bf109 still there
- had a game freeze without recovery when attacking a Spit behind BR.20s (first time I experience this since game launch ...). See attached dump file, last event, 18-10-11 at 1:05
- ghost dots still there (someone says it's less than before)

SEE
10-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Worst performance on MP so far, constant Freezes at the wort possible time, very low fps at low alt and near ac - and my first Launcher CTD! .Maybe it was the high number of players on ATAG but something is def wrong - logged off rather disappointed....:evil:

CWMV
10-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Great performance so far, but have had a consistent problem since the last few betas.
When I land my 109, I taxi, park and let her run for a few minutes before shutting down.
I shut down, but after a few minutes the water temp will climb rapidly to 120 degrees, burn out all my coolant and spray my windscreen with muck.

I too have a problem with the prop pitch running all the way down to full coarse.
its a work around, but all I do is turn automation off, add a few minutes to the pitch clock, then turn automation back on and it works splendidly.
Also nice to see that the radiators are no longer automatic at any point. Many thanks!

NedLynch
10-18-2011, 12:53 AM

I did just fly the E4 in manual prop pitch and that seems to be fixed though, dial speed looks ok and the dial did not advance by itself anymore.

Troll2k
10-18-2011, 01:55 AM
GRAthos check your config.ini.You have to set log file on from 0 to 1.

CWMV
10-18-2011, 03:03 AM
Just had a runtime error, and consequential crash to desktop?
First time for that...

ZaltysZ
10-18-2011, 05:12 AM
- E4 auto-prop pitch is broken

I specifically flew an hour or so on auto pitch yesterday. It worked pretty good in aggressive flight. However, it seems it is important when auto is engaged. If it is engaged at low rpm, eventually it screws up (at least for me). This includes take off on auto (auto begins to work while rpm are still very low). If take off is done on manual, and auto is engaged only when engine develops full take off power, auto behaves correctly for whole flight then.

Anders123
10-18-2011, 06:19 AM
I've some problem in the Blenheim cabin, all the time my zoom skipped. You shake forward-back as though on the tank you go. Anybody have such a problem?

322Sqn_Dusty
10-18-2011, 07:05 AM
As posted in 'first impressions of 15950' :

Initial impression for me.
Better AVG FPS.
Still micro stutters.
On playing Black death, first run goes ok, when getting out of track, entering (main) menu and going back, playing the track again gives horrible stutters and freezes.

JG52Krupi
10-18-2011, 07:09 AM
As posted in 'first impressions of 15950' :

Initial impression for me.
Better AVG FPS.
Still micro stutters.
On playing Black death, first run goes ok, when getting out of track, entering (main) menu and going back, playing the track again gives horrible stutters and freezes.

Same it's due to crossfire being messed up by alt tabbing/desktop, not sure how to stop it but it's bloody annoying.

322Sqn_Dusty
10-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Hmm, strange it 'works' the first time. It seems to be less when other tracks are loaded in between.

Flanker35M
10-18-2011, 07:59 AM
S!

AMD GPU users might try these drivers HERE (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/hotfix/catalyst_11.10_preview/amd_catalyst_11.10_preview3_win7_vista.exe) These fixed the texture "ripples" I saw around the plane, but not the "3 bands in horizon" or that you can see the old textures farther away outside viewrange of the new ones.

335th_GRAthos
10-18-2011, 08:33 AM

Thanks, I will try, I hope this will solve the problem!

Qpassa
10-18-2011, 08:35 AM
I hear the plane as I were inside when I have already bailed out

1.JaVA_Sharp
10-18-2011, 08:41 AM
no launcher exe crashes yet and I do love the new sounds, BUUUUTTTTT

now there's this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/sharpe26/2011-10-18_00007.jpg

Trooper117
10-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Check your conf ini, make sure your anti epilepsy filter is set to '0'..
Some people are finding that it had gone to '1' and was giving them similar problems.

Insuber
10-18-2011, 09:02 AM
I did just fly the E4 in manual prop pitch and that seems to be fixed though, dial speed looks ok and the dial did not advance by itself anymore.

TY, it did work iirc in the patch beta1. I will play around with the settings as suggested here.

Cheers,
Insuber

6BL Bird-Dog
10-18-2011, 09:07 AM
5870 Crossfire has STILL has no improvement over single 5870 GPU so is not functioning correctly.
Frame rates have not improved and studders are worse than ever.
(tested in Black Death on three different systems with 5870 gpu`s).

klem
10-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Heavy Stutters back again in force

Lost about 10fps - av at ground level 17 fps

Sound breaks up all the time when watching other aircraft in cockpit and external view

First ever total lockup couldn't even Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Alt-Del
No AA

No real Full screen, game still interacts with desktop when in the controls menu, and flashes desktop repeatedly on every load or disconnection

Spitfire pilot's arm still sticks out the fuselage

Ground/sky can be seen through the spitfire fuselage when in cockpit and looking rearwards.

Change in contrast and lighting has created a bizarre glitch when entering the cockpit for the first time. It produces a neon purple and black screen with crazy highlighted shadows.

All in all this for me has to be the worst patch so far.
It is exactly the same beta but tweaked for the worst, only a few fixes is so disappointing.
It is so bad that I just don't want to play this game anymore because quite honestly its turning into a joke.

The rate of patching is very slow and the success rate of those patches appears to now be reversing. I'm no developer but the logic behind the fixing this game and the order of priority is definitely skewed.
It is just being turned into a big mess with things that the community like now being changed needlessly into what is disliked, I suspect because the real issues such as no AA or no real full screen etc cannot be fixed or will be fixed with the release of the add-on to make more money.
If I'm right about that MG wont be getting my money, because as it stands I've been sold a banana.

Gerbil,

Did you clear your cache?
Is epilepsy filter off?
What are your settings?
What does Taskmanager tell you about Processor and Memory load? (My cores run around 40% CPU load and over 4Gb memory).
Have you tried Coretemp** to see if CPU is overheating? (over 70C?)
Have you tried EVGA Precision** tool (or other) to see what is the GPU processor load, Temperature and Memory load? (Mine are 99% CPU, 70C, 1.26Gb memory used initially, dropping to 1Gb)

** freebie downloads

My settings are High except
Forest, Grass, SSAO all off and Buildings amount medium.
My Specs:
ASUS Sabertooth mobo
i7 950 @ 4GHz
6Gb DDR3 RAM
EVGA GTX570 superclocked GPU 1.38Gb
Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb/215Mb Read/Write
850W PSU
Coolermaster HAF912+ case
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
Realtek HD Audio (mobo)
Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050
TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software
X52 HOTAS

Flanker35M
10-18-2011, 09:14 AM
S!

Made a track where you can see the stutters, graphical anomalies and something else if paying attention. But most importantly you can see the "square of new textures" aka view range. The square is around your plane. Also not the "sphere of LOD" when going lower altitude, especially seen on trees and buildings. Rest..try to find ;)

TonyD
10-18-2011, 09:36 AM
... but not the "3 bands in horizon" ...

Makes me wonder what purpose beta testing serves when errors identified still make the final build anyway, particularly when they were re-introduced with the beta version to start with. This is more than just a little irritating :evil:

PeterPanPan
10-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Mirror on Spit still not working - fuzzy/garbled image in mirror.

Also, when mirror toggled off, a new shape mirror started to appear intermittently when looking to the right with TrackIR, from within cockpit. On moving head forward, new shape mirror disappeared.

PPP

Insuber
10-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Worst performance on MP so far, constant Freezes at the wort possible time, very low fps at low alt and near ac - and my first Launcher CTD! .Maybe it was the high number of players on ATAG but something is def wrong - logged off rather disappointed....:evil:

Same for me, first freeze with CTD since the game publication ... while crossing path with a flight of bombers and strafing a Spit.

klem
10-18-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm not a 110 pilot but I noticed a black area on the vertical speed instrument as attached.

Is that right?

klem
10-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Makes me wonder what purpose beta testing serves when errors identified still make the final build anyway, particularly when they were re-introduced with the beta version to start with. This is more than just a little irritating :evil:

Probably because if they stopped to fix everything first we wouldn't get the Steam patch for another six months.

I'll take what they can give as soon as its ready.

JG53Frankyboy
10-18-2011, 11:03 AM
some old bugs, still not fixed:

-Bf110, wrong canons, a C-4/-7 should have MG-FF/M. Otherwise they are no -4/-7 version !
-Ju87, supercharger settings are reversed to the description in the cockpit - you get automatic shifting when the cockpit lever is set to "Bodenlader"
-Ju88, the bombdoors are opening and closing automaticly with bombrelease
-Blenheim, the bombdoors are NOT opening and closing automaticly with bombrelease ;)
-Ju88, Gyro compass not working
-Blenheim, flaps have only two positions
-Ju88, has a CSP , should be a manual propeller (with an available automatic setting that would hold 2350rpm)
-G.50, engine is running with both magnetos set to off

-and i still have no idea how to edit loadouts directly in the singleplayermissions.................

FG28_Kodiak
10-18-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm not a 110 pilot but I noticed a black area on the vertical speed instrument as attached.

Is that right?

Yes thats right (Picture is from a Bf110G4):
http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/Panelnachbau/Cohausz/Cohausz%20Me%20110/Bf_110-1.JPG

Ze-Jamz
10-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Seriously, what the hell do we do BETA testing for?.. this isnt even funny anymore..

This isnt an official patch ffs... its just a Beta reintroducing different bugs..what makes it worse is that this side of things is apparently done so now were concentrate on engine and FM's are the lil bonus surprise..

No really..stop what your doing, look at what you released and go over it all again because at this rate this Sim will never be finished, working running OK and have the content were expecting...if we do it will be on a ''you have to put up with xxx & xxx'' which is not acceptable

Please DEVS, sort it out

Im no fanboi or a flamer, im on the fence and am just stating the obvious...it REALLY is 1 step forward but 2 steps back..this patch should not be an official release, its no different to a BETA...fact

MoGas
10-18-2011, 01:16 PM
launcher.exe crashes are more often it seems. I flew with Mr. X around for couple hourse (repka server), and he crashed 5-8 times with launcher.exe!!

I got one crash, via launcher.exe, dump file is 0kb, I dont know if it is just empty or to upload!?

Have to say, Eagle Dynamics, handles such game errors better then the Clod devs......!!

Trooper117
10-18-2011, 01:20 PM
I know the frustration.. but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that this will probably take a couple of years to sort out, not months..
Luckily my gaming life.. (as opposed to the real one..lol) has other flight sim games to play on, so this old girl can plod along as is.. I'll be there to try out all the patches etc until it comes right..
Still have to say though, there are times this thing has moments of sheer brilliance as well as the frustration of other things not working.. but it doesn't rule my life, it's only a game, and I can wait.. There's real life and death issues out there I deal with on a regular basis.. this is no biggy as things go.. :)

Ze-Jamz
10-18-2011, 01:24 PM
I know the frustration.. but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that this will probably take a couple of years to sort out, not months..
Luckily my gaming life.. (as opposed to the real one..lol) has other flight sim games to play on, so this old girl can plod along as is.. I'll be there to try out all the patches etc until it comes right..
Still have to say though, there are times this thing has moments of sheer brilliance as well as the frustration of other things not working.. but it doesn't rule my life, it's only a game, and I can wait.. There's real life and death issues out there I deal with on a regular basis.. this is no biggy as things go.. :)

Same but still disappointing never the less... anyway ps3 and BF3 awaits :twisted:

ATAG_Keller
10-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Anyone else having issues with the REVI gunsight on the 109 and 110?

I'll set mine to 50-60% on startup and everything seems fine. Once in flight any adjustment up or down will cause the sight to turn off. An attempt to increase the illumination via keyboard or clickable cockpit will not work. A single keystroke/click returns a HUD notification of "Illumination 5%" followed immediately by a "Illumination 0%".

I also lost my illumination last night in a 110 when I adjusted my aileron trim. As soon as I hit my key combination (shift+left_arrow) to trim left, my illumination dropped all the way to zero.

This makes it very difficult to target in certain lighting conditions; especially dusk and dawn.

Trooper117
10-18-2011, 01:28 PM
lol.. BF3, now if you want to talk about anything that doesn't reflect reality, then thats it!
If you can put up with games like that, especially if you have any kind of military background, putting up with CoD is a doddle!

Ze-Jamz
10-18-2011, 01:34 PM
lol.. BF3, now if you want to talk about anything that doesn't reflect reality, then thats it!
If you can put up with games like that, especially if you have any kind of military background, putting up with CoD is a doddle!

Not really, games a game lets not forget that ;) be a flight sim or a first person shooter

Difference bf3 will work and il be able to play it as well as this and while im waiting for this to be updated to where it should be

skouras
10-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Not really, games a game lets not forget that ;) be a flight sim or a first person shooter

Difference bf3 will work and il be able to play it as well as this and while im waiting for this to be updated to where it should be

agreed

louisv
10-18-2011, 02:14 PM
I am now getting lockups, total freeze after a few minutes of play. This is a first for me with this game. Everything on max except SSAO and ep filter.

klem
10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Yes thats right (Picture is from a Bf110G4):
http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/Panelnachbau/Cohausz/Cohausz%20Me%20110/Bf_110-1.JPG

Ah, thanks. Looks odd. Reminded me of a missing texture in FSX :)

Jaws2002
10-18-2011, 04:14 PM
no launcher exe crashes yet and I do love the new sounds, BUUUUTTTTT

now there's this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/sharpe26/2011-10-18_00007.jpg

I had this isue too. Looks like changing this line, in conf.ini, from 0 to 1 did the trick for me:

Render=D3D10_0

CaptainDoggles
10-18-2011, 04:15 PM

Sort of.

Flying the E4, if you just spawn in and take off the prop pitch gradually goes to full coarse and stays there. If you put it in manual mode and give it a couple clicks of Fine Pitch and then put it back into automatic it works fine afterwards.

klem
10-18-2011, 04:27 PM
I had this isue too. Looks like changing this line, in conf.ini, from 0 to 1 did the trick for me:

Render=D3D10_0

A friend of mine has his problem too.

Did you mean
Render=D3D10_1 ??

Tree_UK
10-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Is now a good time to say 'I told you so'? :grin:

Insuber
10-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Sort of.

Flying the E4, if you just spawn in and take off the prop pitch gradually goes to full coarse and stays there. If you put it in manual mode and give it a couple clicks of Fine Pitch and then put it back into automatic it works fine afterwards.

TY I will try it.

Ins

Insuber
10-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Is now a good time to say 'I told you so'? :grin:

One more time and they will burn you at the stake ... :D

Qpassa
10-18-2011, 06:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qOH1Y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rpnNP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/y2Jb5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qsqR8.jpg

mcdaniels
10-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Hello folks!

I got some serious stutters now when playing online, which really get massivly bad -i expect- when some enemy aircraft is somewhere in sight. This is when playing online only.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mrT-yQ-b1Y

As you can see, its unplayable this way. I dont understand what is going on here. I tried to verify my cache and defragmented it via steam, but all of that did not change this issue.

Same flight with no enemies in sight will look like this -FANTASIC FPS of 45 - I wonder which plane goes by in the end of the vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQHEXiVVfoc

Qpassa
10-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Sorry moderator ;)

NP :)

Redroach
10-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Oh, while we're at it: In the german translation, virtually every translation for "open" and "close" is the wrong way around - e.g. it says "Kabine schließen" when you open your canopy...it should be "Kabine öffnen" and vice versa.
Would be nice if somebody fixes these few lines (Tip for not-so-experienced-with-PCs-game-developers: most editors have a "Replace" function, sometimes bound to Ctrl + R).

Buuut: Please, oh please, for the love of all that is holy and beyond, DON'T make a major fuss out of that. If switching those few words around is a projected month-long all-out effort, I beg you hard: Leave it like it is. Don't make it a "Full screen mode" or "Darker Landscape Colors"-like project. PLEASE! Low priority, I repeat: LOW priority.

P.S.: As I consider myself standing on somewhat solid ground regarding the German language as well as technical terms, I'm hereby offering my help in translating things from English to German (sorry, I can't speak russian ;) )

Strike
10-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Just playing online again on the Repka operation sealion and for some reason I get launcher.exe crash and a crashdump file of 0kb. No idea what's causing this... It only occurs online about 10 minutes into the game. Flying offline the game is fine...

GF_Mastiff
10-18-2011, 08:29 PM
if you are having isues after this update or reinstallation try running the
program .net40 in the il2cliffs folder

*:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist\DotNetFx40_Client

This fixed my buidlings invisible issue and my FPS stutters

KG26_Alpha
10-18-2011, 08:31 PM
New update has deleted a folder full of hours and hours of work.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Multi\Co-Op\New missions v104

The New Missions sub folder has been deleted but the rest of the old CooP missions are still in the CooP folder.

Why has the update v1.05 deleted this folder, it makes no sense ?

:confused:

Jaws2002
10-18-2011, 09:21 PM
A friend of mine has his problem too.

Did you mean
Render=D3D10_1 ??

I mean, that line had the value 0 and I changed it to 1 to fix the bug.

So yes, if he has dx10 or dx11 card, this should be the correct look:

Render=D3D10_1

CWMV
10-18-2011, 09:22 PM

*:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist\DotNetFx40_Client

What is that?

ATAG_Snapper
10-18-2011, 09:56 PM

Glad you got that problem resolved. Been searching for that thread re missing buildings that I mentioned to you earlier today but found the above instead! LOL

GF_Mastiff
10-18-2011, 10:01 PM
@CWMV
some stupid software net 4 that microsoft has working with the game. net 4.0

seems to get broken when you make changes in the resolution settings.

335th_GRAthos
10-18-2011, 10:21 PM

Hmmm.... Are you sure this is the logfile you are talking about?
LOGFILE= has a setting and it says "log.txt"

[Console]
IP=20001
UseStartLog=1
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
PAGE=20
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOGFILE=log.txt
LOGKEEP=0

I thought we are discussing about the dump files that are in the directory
...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cppcrash

~S~

II/JG54_Zent
10-18-2011, 10:26 PM
as said... when using MS Sidewinder FFB2 under Win7/64 the centering force is not present first, when you start flying, until you do some hard maneuvre which causes a Forcefeedback effect and then suddenly also the centering kicks in...
Its a minor annoyance but should be really easy to cure... you just forgot to initialise the joystick with a first impulse...

AMD Crossfire on 5970 is not working for me without helper programm...using Radeon Pro and Lost Planet DX10 profile gives EXCELLENT crossfire performance !! Steady 60 fps low over ground... and 50 to 60 flying over London (medium settings for landshading and buildings)... so it can work !!!
Unfortunately when leaving the first mission, going to menu and back into another mission crossfire seems lost and its back to 23-45 fps and stutters...
So please, why cant you learn to implement Crossfire properly or make AMD publish a profile ??!! It would sooo helpfull for some...

KG26_Alpha
10-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Ouch, are your WIP's still in the Documents/1c Softclub folders? Can't believe a patch would wipe out your personal missions!

Nope

They were full blown missions approx 30 of them.

The soft club folder is overwritten when CoD is started.

:-(

PissyChrissy
10-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Noticing drastic drop in frame rate, right down to 1 FPS when pulling behind 109 in dogfight. Never had this problem before.

rkirk77
10-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Uhh, anyone else suffering an Acid Flashback?? lol
What should i do to prevent it from doing this..
I am using an Nvidia Geforce 580 GTX with the newest Beta drivers..

PS, it was doing this BEFORE as well with the old current drivers (non-beta).

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4488/il2acid.jpg

Warhound
10-18-2011, 11:16 PM

Disabling the anti epilepsy filter in your ingame graphicssettings should fix that.

Bugs I've noticed while playing online up to here :

-Autorudder works in Full-switch servers (imho this should be a serverside option)

-Clouds still cause black and white flickering when flown through, seems more noticeable with Vsynch off and wasn't happening in the first release. (ATI only?)

-Ghost dots/formations apparently still exist online. Possibly related are the floating ships that often appear. Can happen right after logging in or after a while. Seems to be some desynch of certain parts that causes it.

-When flying the Hurricane with the canopy open engines of hurricanes and spitfires in close formation sound as if they cut out, even if they are running fine and at full throttle. (confirmed by someone else too, not tested while flying other planes or with different planetypes flying nearby)

-109 landinggear bug where the visuals show the landinggear to be down but the player has them up. (E4 only?)

-Crashlogs are often 0kB and thus useless.

-Mirrors are useless as they show a blocky and blurry image with no detail whatsoever. (possibly an ATI-only bug?)
Sometimes when you spawn they need 2 keypresses to be disabled ,sometimes just one..when it needs 2 keypresses the image switches to a even blockier setting.

-Blue lines on the horizon with ATI-cards are back, although less visible than in older patches.

NedLynch
10-18-2011, 11:21 PM
I mean, that line had the value 0 and I changed it to 1 to fix the bug.

So yes, if he has dx10 or dx11 card, this should be the correct look:

Render=D3D10_1

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe it's just the version number, i.e. dx10.0, dx10.1 and dx11. I did try both 10.1 and 11 at some point but since these do not seem to be supported by the game yet it gave me a performance decrease/stuttering and lines on the water in the distance.

I might try entering dx10.1 again since I tried it before the beta patches were out and see what happens.

Warhound
10-18-2011, 11:44 PM
Autorudder is a crutch for bombers

I'm fine with it being available on bombers, but right now you can fly any fighter and enable autorudder 1 or 2 and the rudder will automatically move to negate any slip. Fe if you bank left to turn the rudder will move without any input depending on your bankangle.
It does stop you from being able to do proper rudder manoeuvres because when switched on it will negate any rudderinput you make within milliseconds and "trim" your fighter perfectly...so perfect rudder trim comes at the cost of losing the ability to manually use the rudder.

Only found out by accident as I had pressed the key inadvertedly while flying and my rudder input stopped working...but this shouldn't be available on fighters in full-switch servers.
Don't mind it still being available in bombers together with the course autopilot though.

Qpassa
10-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Weird wires:
http://i.imgur.com/YnBhr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wO1qb.jpg
Landing on the sea
http://i.imgur.com/ZFq7y.jpg

Tree_UK
10-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Nope

They were full blown missions approx 30 of them.

The soft club folder is overwritten when CoD is started.

:-(

Thats well harsh. But its all work in progress, now lets stop whining and look forward to the next update.

322Sqn_Dusty
10-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Anyone mentioned the static trim wheels in the Spitfire?

Tbone81
10-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi. I did a clean install with the latest patch and i get these strange color "effect"

FFCW_Urizen
10-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Turn off the Anti-Epilepsy Filter ;)

Tbone81
10-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Turn off the Anti-Epilepsy Filter ;)

Thx;)

That did the trick..

slm
10-19-2011, 05:05 PM
I flew a single mission where my own plane was a Hurricane.
In the end of the mission I crash landed the plane on beach.

Once the plane had stopped moving, the meter showing speed (IAS) kept changing rapidly between 0-40mph. Both the digital tool tip value and the meter needle kept changing.

mcdaniels
10-19-2011, 05:12 PM
So after a lot of testing I would like to say that the sim for my is totally unplayable after this patch or whatever else happened.

I showed the stutters in a previous post. UNPLAYABLE online. Its like a slideshow whenever planes are round me. I think it does not matter if these planes are AI or human-piloted planes...

I am very disappointed again and cannot understand how it was possible to have a real good online flight 2 weeks ago, when the beta patch was applied.

For me this sim has got some kind of unsupposed behavior every time something is changed... is it alive?!

Does no one else got these massive stutters? :evil:

RCAF_FB_Orville
10-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Hangars that cause you to blow up and die when taxiing into (inside) them, regardless of speed, etc. Once you pass the threshold no matter how carefully, precisely and slowly you are taxiing, 'kaboom'.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/CaptainKubla/Launcher2011-10-1811-19-21-70.jpg

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/CaptainKubla/Launcher2011-10-1811-19-26-91.jpg

It would seem that this only occurs with certain types of hangar, most definitely this one on the online map. Airbases and hangars on the Channel map do not have this problem.

mcdaniels
10-19-2011, 05:14 PM
well, this also happens to me sometimes...

mcdaniels
10-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Just tested the stutter thing again. Flew about 20 Minutes on Repka Server. Was fluid like water till something happened... I dont know what?

Then the slideshow starts again. So I ve ended the whole thing again :-(

Perhaps the Mods should STICK this Thread?

My Rig:
Phenom 2 X3 @2.8Ghz
8GB DDR3 Ram
Win 7 Pro 64Bits
AMD Saphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB

335th_GRAthos
10-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Just tested the stutter thing again. Flew about 20 Minutes on Repka Server. Was fluid like water till something happened... I dont know what?

My Rig:
Phenom 2 X3 @2.8Ghz
8GB DDR3 Ram
Win 7 Pro 64Bits

Nice to see that you posted your Hardware etails this time.
And nice to hear that the game runs well, even if it is only for 20min.

Judging from the number of posts you are probably inexperienced therefore I will take a long shot and recommend to you:
#1. check the speed of your ATI card. If the speed MHz falls (in order to economize power) THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM

#2. Remove the small Ubisoft video which runs at the start of the game (just rename the file).

This should solve your issue if you are lucky.

Happy flying!

~S~

FFCW_Urizen
10-19-2011, 06:24 PM
on #2: running a 5870 slightly OCed, the startup vid doesn´t cause any troubles, at least on my sys. IIRC that was fixed in later Catalyst versions.

GF_Mastiff
10-19-2011, 11:18 PM

My Rig:
Phenom 2 X3 @2.8Ghz
8GB DDR3 Ram
Win 7 Pro 64Bits

Mc did you try this?
run the .netframeworkFx40? When prompted check repair, and reinstall your DX drivers?

*:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist\DirectX

mcdaniels
10-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi!
@335th_GRAthos: I have NOT checked the clock speed, but I removed the Ubi-video. Does not affect this problem.

One thing I have not mentioned is, that in some situation the slideshow becomes fluid again @the same flight. I also dont know why this happens. But the energie saving "thing" could really by the problem...

I'll watch the clock speed of my ATI next time. I think the recommendation is : http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20342
Judging from the number of posts you are probably inexperienced

Inexperienced in... ?

@GF_Mastiff:
I tried to do the DOTNETFX - Repair, but no luck.

I did not try to reinstall DirectX

Malka4re
10-20-2011, 08:40 AM
and repeats over and over and bloody over!!!

mungee
10-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Just had a runtime error, and consequential crash to desktop?
First time for that...

Me too ... and for the first time!! Obviously something "new" with the new patch.

It happend to me when I "escape" from the "Black Death" track after checking frame rates.

Each time I need to reboot machine & reload CoD.

zwiebacksaege
10-20-2011, 09:13 AM
thanks you for the patch.

good:
- overall performance seems to be better now and VSYNC is working (at least with new NVIDIA drivers)... thats really nice because now I can hear the engine instead of my graphic card ;-)

- the additional damage sounds

- prop pitch in E4 seems to work for me.. not that slow and automatic mode is near to manual performance.

not that good:

- I get frequent CTD.. every 40 min approx. I had none before.

- can confirm ghost dots in online gaming.

- entering cockpit too fast after refly will result in outside engine sounds inside cockpit.

- still the insane AI

- weired force feedback.. effects are always present but the centering force appears and disappears without any understandable rule

- damage model especially for mid air collisions seems very inaccurate for me. at least it feels very unrealistic to me.

David198502
10-20-2011, 09:14 AM
i have really healthy eyes, and never had a problem to spot planes in IL2 1946.sure it was still hard, and maybe to identify the target was harder than it would in reality, but as soon i spottet a plane, i could without a problem follow it and keep contact...

in CLOD its much worse!!!there always was the problem of big black dots in the distance, and as soon as you come closer, the dots became smaller and changed colour to a bright grey, which was very hard to see whether the background was sky,water or terrain...

i think the devs are aware of the problem and thats why it was changed several times now since the release....for example in the first beta before this official patch, we had those white dots which where clearly visible(and also through terrain).they were ugly and could be considered as cheat...

however since the latest patch, we have the worst situation...i play because of performance reasons with a very low resolution of 1024x768, and now, while i think that the dots far in distance are looking more real, as soon the aircraft comes closer, it begins to shimmer(meaning some pixels of the shape, just take the colour of the background)...so it becomes partly invisible.... but thats not the biggest problem....when you come really close....600m-300m, the aircraft will become totally invisible for several seconds.and i mean totally invisible.its like a stealth fighter of the next generation.

this problem has to be solved quickly now.since the latest official patch, i didnt fly online yet, but i even had problems to keep sight on the stupid AI, which is normally really easy to shoot.so i dont think that i will even try to go online until a acceptable solution is found.

this is a big problem in my opinion which would deserve priority!

zwiebacksaege
10-20-2011, 10:26 AM
I can confirm the aircraft visibility issue... the "far-away-dots" change too early to the 3d-model and thanks to missing AA it vanishes in the blue of the sky until it is big enough to represent one pixel i think. then you have nothing where an aircraft was before for a few seconds.
very exciting in aircombat but at least its a problem for my opponent as well :-)

1.JaVA_Sharp
10-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe it's just the version number, i.e. dx10.0, dx10.1 and dx11. I did try both 10.1 and 11 at some point but since these do not seem to be supported by the game yet it gave me a performance decrease/stuttering and lines on the water in the distance.

I might try entering dx10.1 again since I tried it before the beta patches were out and see what happens.

I tried that. Lockup right from the start of the mission.....

phoenix1963
10-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Yes, I and others get these stutters when aircraft are close.

It is currently the most urgent problem IMHO.

Some say it's because AA doesn't work properly causing the card to stall. Plausible, but I'm no expert on graphics

56RAF_phoenix

So after a lot of testing I would like to say that the sim for my is totally unplayable after this patch or whatever else happened.

I showed the stutters in a previous post. UNPLAYABLE online. Its like a slideshow whenever planes are round me. I think it does not matter if these planes are AI or human-piloted planes...

I am very disappointed again and cannot understand how it was possible to have a real good online flight 2 weeks ago, when the beta patch was applied.

For me this sim has got some kind of unsupposed behavior every time something is changed... is it alive?!

Does no one else got these massive stutters? :evil:

Hellbender
10-20-2011, 06:46 PM
My question is whether these onlien stutters are related to the gfx engine or to the multiplayer environment/network code of the game. I find the stutters very annoying while dogfighting in Multiplayer which makes it impossible to hit anything when your FPS drop from 50 to 10 FPS or sometimes less then that.

335th_GRAthos
10-20-2011, 08:15 PM
I can confirm the aircraft visibility issue... the "far-away-dots" change too early to the 3d-model and thanks to missing AA it vanishes in the blue of the sky until it is big enough to represent one pixel i think. then you have nothing where an aircraft was before for a few seconds.
very exciting in aircombat but at least its a problem for my opponent as well :-)

+1

I am so happy! ...to realise that it is not my age, nor any wrong GPU settings but rather a general probelm!

~S~

zwiebacksaege
10-20-2011, 08:46 PM
+1

I am so happy! ...to realise that it is not my age, nor any wrong GPU settings but rather a general probelm!

~S~

look it even has its own thread I think... not sure about the headline... but on page one in this forum.

1.JaVA_Sharp
10-20-2011, 10:12 PM
explain to me the following:

Before I had the patch installed, I had the game set to no music. This time when I started the game there was music so naturally I switched that off. Then the game locked up again and lo and behold, there was the music, again!

Didn't I just switch this off?

Yes, I did...

very weird bug...

csou
10-20-2011, 11:40 PM
since the latest patch i have this grey window on the upper left side of my screen. Does anybody know hot to turn it off?

Insuber
10-21-2011, 07:25 AM
look it even has its own thread I think... not sure about the headline... but on page one in this forum.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27176

AMVI_Superblu
10-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Still noticing BF109s undermodeled.. too much energy loss in B&Z engagements, almoust impossible to outrun a Spitfire II..
is this only my feeling ?

SNAFU
10-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Mmh, I even can´t outrun a Hurricane, if I do so it takes me around 30-50km to increase the distance around 1km. But that´s only me, guess I need less notepad time and more flying time... :(

mcdaniels
10-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Back from some testing again, I have something positive to reply :-)

I switched the mode of my Radeon in CCC (in the Tray) to 3D Settings -> Performance and flew about one hour online. This time no stutters so far. :-)

Nice! :cool:

tumu
10-21-2011, 09:46 AM
im not sure if its a bug of game or bug of server.

Last night flying on Repka sever, map streps, i select diferent planes on both sides and have same problem. Sometimes planes selected for play starts damaged, whit no alerions. Any enemy atack me, only hit button for create plane, I start inside cockpit, see my wings and NO alierons!

Bug server? bug game? i dont know.

Someone have same problem.

thx

Daliaraptor
10-21-2011, 10:50 AM
@mcdaniels

Sorry mate, but what exactly did you changed? Because ive got stutters as well after the Patch. Sadly enough the Beta Patch worked very well for me.
Got also stutterings when passing other Planes. And some total Crashes.:confused:
Thanks for short replay. Cheers:)

Asus Formula IV
6 Core 1090T
AMD HD 6950 2GB
Corsair 2x2GB 1333 (Its Running on max 3.8GB in Clod)
G940 & Track IR5

steppie
10-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Hurricane still has it engine and i have lost it, I crash into an aircraft and i was able to use the engine and land, you can even see the smoke from when i throttle back

pupaxx
10-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Last night I was in SP, I intercepted several He111. On one pass I rammed one of those and detached the left wing from the bomber. My plane was 100% unhurt, with all mobile and fixed surfaces intact.
Cheers

louisv
10-21-2011, 03:37 PM
I reported freezes after 15 minute or so of playing, it may be because of a mod (with Kegetsy's). Will try again and report.

335th_GRAthos
10-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Back from some testing again, I have something positive to reply :-)

I switched the mode of my Radeon in CCC (in the Tray) to 3D Settings -> Performance and flew about one hour online. This time no stutters so far. :-)

Nice! :cool:

Nice to hear that it got fixed, so quickly!

Happy flying!

~S~

PS. I meant in the previous post that with only 15posts 'til now, you do not have a lot of experience of the game and of the information and solutions that have been posted over the past months in the forums.

Wintergoose
10-21-2011, 06:39 PM
The plain starts to stutter when approtching a plain from behind. But isent that because I comes into the slipstream of the other planes propellers ?
In attack from the front I dont get the stutters.
So this stutters are not a bug.

Red Dragon-DK
10-21-2011, 10:42 PM
I dont know if this is a bug or not. But evrey time Im online and get into a dogfight, I get huge stuttering. Especially when I get shot at, it's a slightshow. In normal flight, I have an fps between 40 and 65

Daliaraptor
10-22-2011, 01:09 AM
Hey Guys

Im not a specialist, i just tell my experience.
I had bad stutters when passing other planes. I had As well some desktop crashes. Then i thougt probably there is something wrong with my system. Two days ago i just both a brand new Graphiccard. Anyway, i downloaded the newest Benchmark and installed it (dont know why exactly). An error told me that i dident have the nvidia physx driver on my computer i reinstalled it with the physx. Strange enough, because i have a radeon VGA. The Benchmark programm played as well some runtime plugins on the hardplatte.
After the meaningless benchmark i gave CloD again a chance (because it looks just great) and.. The stutters are almost gone, no crashes, it just worked fine like the beta Patch. Maebye this helps somebody.
Sorry for my primitive englisch
Cheers

HurricaneDriver
10-22-2011, 05:50 AM
Performance isn't great, but runs OK until I exit a flight back to the menu. I get a crash to desktop 50% of the time. Should I come back in a year?

:rolleyes:

I'm also finding since the official patch, I'm having problems starting up the sim. The process fails before the Ubisoft splash screen. From time to time I can't even shut the process down in Task Manager - I have to restart my machine. I'm losing patience with this....

bucsher
10-22-2011, 08:04 AM
dear developers,

i have had a ctd when attacking a (friendly) Bf109E4. I have tested it 2 times:
i have created a single player mission with FMB using a pair of BF109E4: player and wingman. after detaching a wing of my wingman, a few second later ctd.
second time attacking the same plane it took several hits and started to smoke and descend. after a few second ctd again.
I think it might be an issue concerning the bailing out of the AI pilot.
both core files attached.
(ati 6850 with latest catalyst 11.9)

best regards
bucsher

mcdaniels
10-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Back @stuttering again. My last post was reporting, that the stuttering problem was resolved by setting the 3D mode of my Amd Radeon to performance in CCC.

Yesterday i flew online again. Settings in CCC were @performance, but this did not stop the stuttering problem I became in the sim.

The strange thing about that is, that it stutters for approximatly 1 Minute, then it got fluid again... Stuttering was really heavy with about 2FPS :-(

So it lasts unresolved for me ...

Kwiatek
10-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Game SLOWDOWNS ONLINE

I with mates got occasionaly huge fps slowdowns from 40-50 fps to even 2 fps during online dogfights. It was when a few planes were fighting over land and when we made minimum FOV ( gunsight view) game slow down a lot from 40-50 to 20-10 or even lower fps. With maximum FOV ( wide view) it was ok. It happend many times.

Normally i got about 40-60 fps during lazy flying.

My spec Q6600@ 3.2Ghz, 4 GB Ram, ATi 6870 1 GB Ram, Win7 64 bit, settings mostly medium in game, without shadows

335th_GRAthos
10-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Hey Guys

...i downloaded the newest Benchmark and installed it (dont know why exactly). An error told me that i dident have the nvidia physx driver on my computer i reinstalled it with the physx. Strange enough, because i have a radeon VGA. The Benchmark programm played as well some runtime plugins on the hardplatte.

Hi Dalirptor,

which benchmark test did you use?

~S~

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-22-2011, 10:08 AM
I still have the bug with the pop up windows in the user interface where I cannot click on it with the mouse after having played the game for a while (right after launching the game, it works fine). So I no longer can select a different plane when spawning at a birthplace on an online map. With other pop up menues/windows it is the same.

It got a bit better with this patch but still very much present bug for me.

alberto1960
10-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi all
after the patch I cannot open CoD ... All other games I have in Steam work properly...
Any ideas?
thx in advance...

FG28_Kodiak
10-22-2011, 11:49 AM
First delete the files in the Cod Cache:
..Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache

Then let steam check your game files (select the game in steam client -> right mousclick-> properties -> local files -> check files) i have a german version so the translation may be a bit different.

Then try it again.

mcdaniels
10-22-2011, 11:56 AM
This sim seems like a miracle to me :-). Today its absolutly fluid... (On and Offline!)

Have a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVt0Kpw9MY4

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-22-2011, 12:15 PM
mcdaniels: so this is a bug?

:D

mcdaniels
10-22-2011, 12:27 PM
@41Sqn_Stormcrow: No of course not :-). The "bug" is, that I cannot figure out whats going on in this sim. Why is it working today, what happened the day before (2 FPS).

But as we are talking about bugs. When my ME109 stands @ground the - uhm how is it called - its "Vorflügel" in german. I would say "flaps on the frontwing" are going in and out on hi frequency. Perhaps I upload a Vid later, which shows this.

Salute!

JHAT
10-22-2011, 01:13 PM
McDaniels, it's the slats. I noticed that too, they keep coming out and in in high frequency.

alberto1960
10-22-2011, 02:20 PM
First delete the files in the Cod Cache:
..Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache

Then let steam check your game files (select the game in steam client -> right mousclick-> properties -> local files -> check files) i have a german version so the translation may be a bit different.

Then try it again.

Great!! many thanks... problem solved!

Welshman
10-22-2011, 03:13 PM
possible memory leak in this version ?

started a online game and had task manager runng on screen, showed cpu1 at 90% and the others at about 25% plus using 3.4 gig of ram , as i flew one flight i watched the memory usage go up slowly to 4.7 gig when i had to land with no elevators lol ( did it btw )

that was only one flight i need to try this again and see how high it would go after 3 or 4 flights ?

i understand that games will use ram as they go but maybe the guys with less ram are experiencing pauses dew to no ram left and this is why some get very low fps at times ?

im not really up on this kinda thing so i could be miles out .

edit . just flew some more and it went to 5.4gig usage then i had a lockup and when i checked task manager it said i only had a couple of meg of memory free ( the available part said more though )

KG26_Alpha
10-22-2011, 04:10 PM
@41Sqn_Stormcrow: No of course not :-). The "bug" is, that I cannot figure out whats going on in this sim. Why is it working today, what happened the day before (2 FPS).

But as we are talking about bugs. When my ME109 stands @ground the - uhm how is it called - its "Vorflügel" in german. I would say "flaps on the frontwing" are going in and out on hi frequency. Perhaps I upload a Vid later, which shows this.

Salute!

Sometime running processes can cause problems.

Tidy up your stuff in the msconfig

:grin:

DUI
10-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Online gaming sadly was and still is impossible for me. I am even lucky when I am able to enter the cockpit and fly for some minutes.
But often I already get crashes right after connecting to a server while trying to select a side or a plane. :(

I already closed my firewall, lowered the graphic settings - without any change. Does someone has the same problem or even a solution?

System specifications:
AMD Phenom II X6 1095T
AMD Radeon HD 6970 2GB
4 GB Ram
Windows Vista 32

KG26_Alpha
10-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Online gaming sadly was and still is impossible for me. I am even lucky when I am able to enter the cockpit and fly for some minutes.
But often I already get crashes right after connecting to a server while trying to select a side or a plane. :(

I already closed my firewall, lowered the graphic settings - without any change. Does someone has the same problem or even a solution?

You will have noticed most forum user include their system specifications when reporting problems.

Please include you Hardware and operating system for assessment.

mcdaniels
10-22-2011, 05:25 PM
@KG26_Alpha: Yes you are right, processes can make some kind of mess on a system, but I have no unwanted processes running, when using CloD.

I just tried to fly online again and the stutters are heavily dropping my fps to 2.

It seems this has something to do with the online servers as well. They have a good ping (<=70), but something happens when other human pilots are in the surrounding. Perhaps other players, which are having a bad ping cause this problem, I don't know...

Why this does not happen on REPKA - Steppe and why this definitly happens on an other server named "ravenhost.ch.vu". Both with very good pingtimes.

Greetings
Daniel

DUI
10-22-2011, 05:27 PM
@KG26_Alpha: Just have a closer look - it is all in there. At least now...

MegOhm
10-22-2011, 05:27 PM
i was playing around with settings and finally saw the blue lines for the first time ...i only see them on the water...I turned land shading from high to low and they went away....

MegOhm
10-22-2011, 05:29 PM
This sim seems like a miracle to me :-). Today its absolutly fluid... (On and Offline!)

Have a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVt0Kpw9MY4

So post your settings..might help others

mcdaniels
10-22-2011, 06:08 PM
@MegOhm: I can post my settings, but as you can read in a previous post of me, the stutters are back again. Meanwhile I think it depends on the onlineservers.

Please have a look at the attachment for my settings.

Daliaraptor
10-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi Dalirptor,

which benchmark test did you use?

~S~

---3DMark Vantage--- But honestly, ive no idea if this had influence. Good Luck

Daliaraptor
10-22-2011, 07:28 PM
---3DMark Vantage--- But honestly, ive no idea if this had influence. Good Luck

Ok Stutters back and a CTD!
Game is unplayable like this.

Asus Formula IV
AMD 6 Core 1090T
Corsair 4GB 1333
Asus HD6950 2GB DirectCUII
G940 & TrackIr5

tomandre81
10-22-2011, 07:29 PM

System specifications:
AMD Phenom II X6 1095T
AMD Radeon HD 6970 2GB
4 GB Ram
Windows Vista 32

Why the hell do you have Vista??? Remove that piece of crap now!
I run windows 7 64 bits and never had one single crash in the game. Except for the explosion bug, but that is fixed now

Sq334_pegasus
10-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Just installed the Patch. Game stutters again and then Launcher.exe crashed... My game ran brilliantly with the last beta patch. :( (Q6600 + HD5770 and 4GB RAM, W7 64bit)

Insuber
10-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Bug present from day 1: when typing a text in the chat window, the command keys are not disabled, e.g. typing S brings also up the stats window, an so on.

Cheers!

mcdaniels
10-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Is there a difference between the beta patch and the live patch which is distributed by Steam?

I thought that there is no difference? If there is no diff. how can it be possible, that with the beta people have no probs and with the live one there are probs again?

Greetings!

335th_GRAthos
10-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Ok Stutters back and a CTD!
Game is unplayable like this.

Ahahahahaha! That was faster than I could download the test! Thanks, it saved me the waiting.

OK, on a more sober tone, this is madness! Mc had it, you had it and I myself had the same experience: The game runs beautifully then, the next day the game runs lousy!

There must be something we fail to notice but it is good that everybody posts comments (when it works and when it does not), I am sure there is a combination of factors which we are not able to find yet but soon we will :)

It is somewhat frustrating for me at least, to enter a server every time wondering if it will be a "good flying day" or not.

~S~

Daliaraptor
10-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Ahahahahaha! That was faster than I could download the test! Thanks, it saved me the waiting.

OK, on a more sober tone, this is madness! Mc had it, you had it and I myself had the same experience: The game runs beautifully then, the next day the game runs lousy!

There must be something we fail to notice but it is good that everybody posts comments (when it works and when it does not), I am sure there is a combination of factors which we are not able to find yet but soon we will :)

It is somewhat frustrating for me at least, to enter a server every time wondering if it will be a "good flying day" or not.

~S~

Yeah, True! But its likely RC Flying. Some Day the Wind is perfect, the other its too strong. But what ive noted, befor the official Patch there were not that many Players at once like now. Perhaps this is causing the Stuttering!?

pwgee
10-23-2011, 01:34 PM
doesnt show accurate headings, seems to be reversed 180 degrees

pwgee
10-23-2011, 01:37 PM
it just seems that Online ATAG the gyro is messed up in the spit

mcdaniels
10-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi folks!
Just checked some settings in CCC of my Radeon. In my opinion -after testing- it does not matter if you choose the performance setting in 3D settings of the Catalyst Control Center or not. I am not realizing any change in FPS when using different settings in CCC. Might be that I got lucky the day, it was very fluid in gaming. I thought it was my setting in CCC, but today I can say IT WAS NOT!

So I completely uninstalled the CCC and downloaded the MSI Afterburner.

There I can set the clock speed of the GPU to 850 Mhz and the memory clock to 1200 Mhz. (I don't know, wheter this settings are out of specifications of my radeon hd 6850. I ve to check the specs...)

So when setting gpu to 850mhz and mem to 1200mhz it brings a fps gain of +15 - 20. On repka Server (Steppe) I get about 35 fps over land and 50fps over sea.

Had no stutters so far, but some massive grapical issue. The screen becomes uncentered and i got about 20% which normally is situated on the left of my tft on the right. Perhaps some Driver Issue because it keeps that way also on Win 7 Desktop.

Might be, that I overclocked the memory of my Radeon too much (if 1200Mhz Memclock = overclocking?)

Going for some testing again...

Greetings!

GF_Mastiff
10-23-2011, 03:11 PM
luancher crash , "luancher stopped responding".

Just before the crash, I was getting lots of stutters and freez's.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d75ud6vce19blbl

system details in sig is up to date.
Nvidia drivers 285.38
creative labs titanium Champion series sounds card 7.1 current latest drivers 2.17.0008
Win 7 x64 bit up to date.

mcdaniels
10-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi, back from another testing session. First I thought stutters may come and go in connection with the connection speed or/and the ping of other players. Now I am unsure. The other interesting thing is, that the stutters come in some pulsing... I mean I got 15 fps, then it goes up to 25 for a short time, then it drops to 15 or lower again... up and down up and down...

This time I get out of the Sim (using the win-key to get to Desktop) when stuttering starts and get back to the sim using the Taskmanager and stuttering was gone again. (same fligt, plane was still airborne!)

Then I played about 40 minutes without any problems and about 12 players online.

During this session I used MSI Afterburner to set memclock to 1Ghz and GPU clock to 850 Mhz. If the MSI Afterburner is able to hold this clocks up (which I assume) then it cannot be some kind of energysaving issue of AMD Radeon.

Greetings!

III/JG53_Don
10-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Not a bug but more than a suggestion for finalizing the sound beta.
As I've stated in this thread : http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27300

In priority order:
- Bombers should be significantly louder than they are right now. Sound of a single 109 can easily predominate the sound of a whole bomber formation. The bomber engines are lacking the drone, deeper tune and the general volume inside the cockpit as well as outside. This is the case for basically every two-engine aircraft in CoD.
- Finetuning of the Spitfire engine. They sounds ok, but they're missing the specialty of a Merlin.
- More ambient sound like birds, waves crushing at the beach and so forth.
- More Sounds for the clickable options in the cockpit (like the clicks of switching the magnetos)

Achieving this (esp. the first one) the atmosphere would come to an awesome new level

Btw.: In general the new Sound guy did a fantastic job and I'm pretty impressed! What a great find!

ATAG_Keller
10-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Fuel tanks on the 110 are mixed up. Tank 3 will fill tank 1 but tank 4 fills tank 3; there is no way for the reserve tanks to fill tank 2.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=353321#post353321

Kodoss
10-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Shadows on A/C outside doesn't work correctly and doesn't throw any shadows.

If you watch the Black Death track, you can see that the Bombs on the A/C are still lightened from above. That's also for some parts at the Aircraft.

Watch at the inside of the radiators from Bf 110 or at the small metal plate above the exhaust of the Bf 109. There are also enlighted, but lie in the shadows.

The Bf 110 has the gauges at the outside of her engines? ( texture error? )

PS: an overview for all the found bugs (who are still in there or came in additionally) would be nice, because Idon't knoW if this has already been reported.
And I don't want to read every message just for checking.

mcdaniels
10-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Some impression from the stutter thing. At 4.16 vid stops cause I used Win Key to get on the Win Desktop and changed back to the sim by Taskmanager. Then the stutters are gone... as you can see on the vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6F1ZrMz4M0

Beside of that I saw some Wellington Bombers flying with standing props!

Greetings!

Slatz
10-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Don't know if anyone else reported this or not,but if you go to options then audio all you have is volume control.there is no surround sound options or speaker options.

louisv
10-23-2011, 08:19 PM
I reported freezes after 15 minute or so of playing, it may be because of a mod (with Kegetsy's). Will try again and report.

Well without mods, no crashes !

gonk
10-24-2011, 08:28 AM
the launcher starts with about 1.6 gig of memory use... and creeps up to over 3 g in a little over 1.5 hours....then crash... My friend has the same problem. Looks like a memory leak... something not being closed/released properly. Thanks

SNAFU
10-24-2011, 08:36 AM
the launcher starts with about 1.6 gig of memory use... and creeps up to over 3 g in a little over 1.5 hours....then crash... My friend has the same problem. Looks like a memory leak... something not being closed/released properly. Thanks

Yes there is still a memory leak. I have G15 keyboard and can monitor the RAM usuage well. After just starting CoD about 30% of my 8GB are used. It slowly increases over the time and when it reaches 73% after about 1,5-2hrs I get a CTD/launcher.exe crash. Therefore I always have to restart the game, before it reaches 70%.

addman
10-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Bf-110 cockpit needs some fixing, more info here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27351

senseispcc
10-24-2011, 03:40 PM
I exit the Launcher and crash:

http://postimage.org/image/kyl1s7fvj/

Have a fun game:rolleyes:

merlin1
10-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Mine cpcrash

Lozmy
10-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Hi all,

I have a strange problem. Guys, With an right mouse click and then left click I maneged to open a new Info Window in my CoD but then I am not able to close it and more worse Is that also after restarting the game and even after clearing cache files the info window still appears (with also some "interesting" texture) opened in my CoD...

I am attaching a screenshot of this problem...

Thanks in advance

Regards

ATAG_Doc
10-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Anyone have a clue why this is happening? I sometimes get these in waves and sometimes I can go for hours without it happening. Started after latest update.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff297/timraffety/Untitled2.png

mcdaniels
10-25-2011, 05:04 AM
@Lozmy: Try left clicking this window while you press the ALT Key. Then select close Info-Window (I don't know the exact english words for this, cause I am using the german version)

@timej13: I get this error sometimes. Seems like some networking comm problem, but the message is telling this anyway. How is your ping to this server?

Greetings!

Ekar
10-25-2011, 06:51 AM
Quick bug report-

In cockpit shadows affect ingame text and make it darker (ie, the text is not over the shadows, but the shadows are over the text). I've not noticed this until now so I presume it's a new bug.

I'm running latest official Nvidia drivers.

Lozmy
10-25-2011, 11:26 AM
@Lozmy: Try left clicking this window while you press the ALT Key. Then select close Info-Window (I don't know the exact english words for this, cause I am using the german version)

Thanks a lot mcdaniels. It works ! :)

ATAG_Doc
10-25-2011, 12:16 PM

@timej13: I get this error sometimes. Seems like some networking comm problem, but the message is telling this anyway. How is your ping to this server?

Greetings!

Ping is 35 but I might have found a solution and will see over the next few days.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662366

335th_GRAthos
10-25-2011, 12:36 PM

+1

I noticed that as well, memory is slowly increasing over time....

One crash every 1-1.5hrs (I did not check)

Probably it will be a quick issue for people with little RAM.

~S~

Insuber
10-25-2011, 01:30 PM
+1

I noticed that as well, memory is slowly increasing over time....

One crash every 1-1.5hrs (I did not check)

Probably it will be a quick issue for people with little RAM.

~S~

I confirm, yesterday I had a freeze + CTD, checked the RAM use log (I have 8 GB), and saw an ever increasing RAM occupation until some 80%, then the CTD.

DUI
10-25-2011, 04:39 PM
AMD Phenom II X6 1095T
AMD Radeon HD 6970 2GB
4 GB Ram
Windows Vista 32

mcdaniels
10-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Hm, I did not have a CTD while playing... will have a look @RAM usage in future...

platounet
10-25-2011, 05:02 PM
I have a crash on desktop when i want to play a mission, after hitting "fly":(
what to do please help

mcdaniels
10-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi again!

got verified that if you got stuttering during online gaming, use Win key to get on desktop (Clod runs during that in the background) and directly change back in CloD by using Taskmanager or Alt + Tab!.

Stutters are gone if you do that! Have verified this now 3 Times!

Wintergoose
10-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Have problem with TrackIr and bombers. Bouth leds on Track Ir goes red after a while, but this has only happens tome when using bombers.

robtek
10-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Seems like you have F9 somewhere as a keystroke.

352ndBushpilot
10-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Crash to desktop, no matter which map/server. Tried different settings as well.

:confused:

After 20 to 30 minuts, baf, launcher doesn't respond anymore. Pretty frustrating...

Q6600 stock 2.4
WIN 7 32 bit
4 GIG
Gefore 560 ti 1 GB 258.62

robtek
10-25-2011, 10:14 PM
With only 4gig, windows taking its part and a possible memory leak that seems plausible.

ATAG_Snapper
10-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi again!

got verified that if you got stuttering during online gaming, use Win key to get on desktop (Clod runs during that in the background) and directly change back in CloD by using Taskmanager or Alt + Tab!.

Stutters are gone if you do that! Have verified this now 3 Times!

Gonna have to try this next time this happens. It might even prevent a CTD if done in time -- just have to make sure the plane is straight & level or even in a slight climb so it won't impact the ground while flying hands-off for the few seconds it takes to do this.

Hopefully it does the trick. Irregardless, thanks for passing this tip on! :)

PilotError
10-26-2011, 12:59 AM
I've never had any crashes with this game until this patch (official patches, never tried any of the betas).

I've not noticed anyone else mention this but I always get a CTD when replaying the supplied tracks (Black Death etc).
Sometimes it happens while playing the first track, or the third but usually happens when playing the second.
So a CTD within 2 to 10 minutes when playing tracks.
Task Manager indicates "Launcher not responding" , so I assume it is the notorious Launcher.exe crash.

Strange thing is that I can play the game (offline) for about 40 minutes (give or take) without any problems.
Haven't had the time to try it for any longer, so can't say for certain that it wouldn't CTD.

klem
10-26-2011, 06:36 AM
Have problem with TrackIr and bombers. Bouth leds on Track Ir goes red after a while, but this has only happens tome when using bombers.

Seems like you have F9 somewhere as a keystroke.

F9=SnapPanSwitch by default

Do you use this while bombing?

Or did you recode F9 for something else to be used in Bombing?

I changed my TrackIR keys to avoid these problems after clearing out all View keys which we don't need with TrackIR:-
Center = Keypad8
Pause = Keypad /
Precision = Keypad *
Profile left at F8

You can also set your TrackIR keys to 'Trap' the keystroke so they don't do anything else, e.g. F9 would not then have any effect in CoD but that is really the reverse of your problem.

wiaf941aelj
10-26-2011, 06:37 AM

http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/huang4.jpg
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/huang2.jpg
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/huang3.jpg

Kupsised
10-26-2011, 07:56 AM
It's not a serious bug, but I thought it'd be worth posting.

I found a bug with the sound, specifically with bombs. I went in a Blenheim and wanted to see if I had any bombs (I also wanted to see how low the low altitude fuses detonate at) so I opended my bomb bay and dropped all my bombs on the runway where I was sat waiting to take off. None of them exploded, which is fine, but what isn't is that all four of them just sat there whilstling the whole time. Since you all know how long it takes to start up and get going in the Blen., the whole time I was starting up I could just hear 'Whooooooooo' coming from underneath. They were still doing it when I took off as well, just sat in the middle of the runway on the ground 'whooo'ing. Like I said, not a serious bug, especially as most people aren't stupid enough (unlike me) to drop their bombs whilst sitting on the runway, but if it also means that it happens when bombs are dropped at too low of an altitude to detonate it might be one worth looking in to.

mcdaniels
10-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Finally I now was hit by a launcher.exe not responding error. A lot of people are thinking about some memory hole problem... I got the launcher.exe crash, when launcher.exe consumes about 1.5 GB of 8GB available.

sent the crashdumps via Email to ishevchenko

Lhowon
10-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Problems I encounter [Vista 64/E8400/4GB RAM/GTX285]:

- At least 50% of the time when I start CoD and join a server some of the menu UI doesn't work, specifically when I try to change my plane, the box comes up with the plane selection but I cannot click anything at all in the box (have to hit Esc to close it). Only a game restart can fix this as far as I can tell.

- Sometimes the same issue happens with the controls, when I double-click a control to change it the box comes up but I cannot enter anything into it (from either joystick or keyboard). Game restart usually fixes this.

- About 50% of the time when I actually get onto a server and spawn everything is immediately extremely laggy, the sound is extremely crackly and broken up, and this does not fix itself. I have to restart the game, which usually fixes it when I rejoin.

- The sound is sometimes slightly crackly. This varies depending where I'm flying (and varies generally, sometimes I don't get it at all), I think mainly over land and near dogfights.

- I appear to get memory leaks, quite often after flying for quite awhile I will respawn into a new plane, and everything will be laggy and crackly and I'll have to quit. Last time this happened I looked at my memory usage, and it was 3.7GBs/4Gbs. Pretty clearly a memory leak.

- And now all my controls and UI settings (the boxes in game) have randomly reset, but at least that's not a common occurrence (yet).

It's testament to Cliffs of Dover's good qualities that I keep playing, given how severe and frequent these problems are, but it would be awfully nice to have them fixed please!

335th_GRAthos
10-27-2011, 09:08 PM
I had a memory leak and got CTD within the first 30min.
All 6Gb of my system had been used up to 95%

Memory leak depends on the number of planes you dogfight with!
This time I shot down four bombers and damaged another three.

Usually I get a CTD after two hours.

~S~

baronWastelan
10-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Bullet hole in tyre, but air pressure remains within during landing and taxi.

satchenko
10-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Bullet hole in tyre, but air pressure remains within during landing and taxi.

Excellent discovery!

Germanator
10-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Just change your resolution and or some other settings like antianalizing or tree building setting, load a flight then, restart the game properly, than change to your regular settings, worked for me.

Germanator
10-28-2011, 04:34 AM
Just change your resolution and or some other settings like antianalizing or tree building setting, load a flight then, restart the game properly, than change to your regular settings, worked for me.

I am using an Nvidia Geforce 580 GTX with the newest Beta drivers..

PS, it was doing this BEFORE as well with the old current drivers (non-beta).

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4488/il2acid.jpg

mcdaniels
10-28-2011, 06:18 AM
Looks like the turned on epilepsy filter.... tried to turn this off in settings?

Insuber
10-28-2011, 07:55 AM
... or some other settings like antianalizing ...

We would need to do this also for some forum members, from time to time :D

addman
10-28-2011, 08:43 AM
I don't know if it's a bug or a missing feature but could emergency power please be added to the G.50? That thing can barely take-off as it is now.

335th_GRAthos
10-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Sort of.

Did I ever say thanks for the tip? THANKS!

(it works) :)

~S~

dflion
10-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Just a couple of glitches seen while I was making this campaign Ilya and team.

1. I noticed that while flying with your Staffel the AI aircraft in your Staffel don't retract their tailwheels. Other independant AI Staffels are ok - all tailwheels retracted.

2. A small break in the 'space/time continium' south of Rouen Boos. Is this a 'rowing lake'? or have you missed it in the latest patch. (see pics below)

Generally everything seems to be running very well Ilya in the latest patch. I really like the engine sounds, well done to your sound engineer. Also the propellor visuals are working much better. I am glad you got rid of all the holes in the main map, except for the one above, perhaps.
The colour changes take a while to get used to, though after a while they grow on you.

DFLion

Kodoss
10-29-2011, 08:18 AM
To stupid that the Ju 88 campaign isn't from Ilja and team.

So it's the wrong threat you postet.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27340

Flanker35M
10-30-2011, 03:47 PM
S!

Here 2 pics with some bugs. In the other can be seen the edge of our new gfx terrain and old. I call it the LOD view square around the plane. The other pic shows the coastal anomalies I see now and then. Rig in sig, drivers AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview v3.

desigabri
10-31-2011, 09:53 AM
hi, I did some try about launcher.exe stopped working problem.

I use gpu-z, g15 keyboard and LCDSisReal so I can check GPU infos during the game, as GPU utilizzation, temperatures and video memory use.
I guessed that the laucher.exe exiting event is due to a videomemory issue and not about system memory as I read above.
I have a 16GB DDR3 game PC. I use 8GB of RAMDISK to play IL2 CoD and others, this make me happy about the game loading time and missions loading time as well as about any stuttering troubles due to the load of any object from the disk during the game. You can believe me if I say that there isn't need of more memory at this point because I stay always just a bit higher then an half of system memory used but anyway I still have the "launcher.exe stopped to work" problem. Taking a look about the video memory use I realized that when I end a mission and go to load a new one, the video memory stay occuped and consumes other video memory over the previus until I arrive at 2000MB used and then I get the launcher stop working message.

I have an HD6950 2G video card so I can think the issue could be due or about the AMD drivers or about a game issue. Nice to know if others using NVIDIA video card can check this, or others with ATI Video card can check this related to the driver version.

I'm using the 11.10 3th preview amd driver now.

robtek
10-31-2011, 11:23 AM
I think the launcher.exe, as a 32-bit program, will always crash short before reaching 4gb ram usage.

desigabri
10-31-2011, 12:27 PM
I think the launcher.exe, as a 32-bit program, will always crash short before reaching 4gb ram usage.

so you mean it should be a launcher.exe related only? How could I check it? may be taking a look about memory occupied by lancher.exe process into the process monitor?

David198502
10-31-2011, 12:39 PM
radiators in the 109 have no influence on speed at all!
doesnt matter if they are fully open or almost closed, the top speed will be the same.
where is this so called CEM?

robtek
10-31-2011, 03:34 PM
so you mean it should be a launcher.exe related only? How could I check it? may be taking a look about memory occupied by lancher.exe process into the process monitor?

My believe is that there is a memory leak, as every time when i looked in the task-manager after a launcher.exe crash the launcher.exe used about 3.7 gb ram.

335th_GRAthos
10-31-2011, 06:35 PM
I may be wrong but it seems as if, when a server is online with password protection, the entry stats (number of current players/number of max players allowed) are inversed.

This means, where a non passworded server will show 6/50 (six players online, 50 max players allowed), if the passwod option is on, the server shows 50/6

~S~

addman
10-31-2011, 07:45 PM
The Br.20's bomsight needs fixing. Tried bombing, put correct altitude and TAS 99,9% correctly but still the bombs hit the ground waaay to early. Also, the maximum altitude you can set the sight to is 2700 meters, that can't be correct. I've done dozens of bomb runs in the SM.79 Sparviero in old IL-2 with almost the same sight with success but the Br.20 sight is just porked.

MegOhm
11-01-2011, 08:03 PM

you must be hitting the TIR pause button...check your mapping in TIR GUI

BravoFxTrt
11-02-2011, 09:50 AM
He-111 Damage Model/(Ground Collision) Non existent. The bulk of the Fuselage just bounces and rolls non stop. "Not Cool".

335th_GRAthos
11-02-2011, 06:48 PM
I am not sure if someone has posted this already,

Bf109-E4
Turning on the Pitot Heater gives the message on the screen but the lamp on the cockpit (Staurohr) does not turn on.

~S~

BravoFxTrt
11-03-2011, 12:27 AM
This is what I mean
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/BravoFxTrt/Screenshot19702.jpg
Some Bloke was standing out side his Pad and got this snap shot.

335th_GRAthos
11-03-2011, 06:26 AM
This is what I mean
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/BravoFxTrt/Screenshot19702.jpg
Some Bloke was standing out side his Pad and got this snap shot.

This is amazing quality and detail of graphics Bravo!
Looking through the broken windows of the HE111 I ca recognise th details of the tree behind it.
What are your settings regarding textures and building details?????

(not wonder we need 2-3GbVRAM on our GPUs for this game...)

~S~

BravoFxTrt
11-03-2011, 07:39 AM
I dont think I had Grass selected with that one. Tweaked CCC and Drivers.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/BravoFxTrt/Clipboard01-10.jpg

BravoFxTrt
11-03-2011, 07:43 AM
OOps

zhu7916zhaoso
11-03-2011, 07:54 AM

http://forums.nichechoppers.com/image.php?u=4129&dateline=1292495981http://www.bingertoday.info/huang2.jpghttp://www.bingertoday.info/huang3.jpg
Suddenly Win7 gives me the message "Launcher stoped working" and throws me to the desktop.

Tried to find the dump file, there was one created at the exact time point but it had 0kb size.

335th_GRAthos
11-03-2011, 08:54 AM

http://forums.nichechoppers.com/image.php?u=4129&dateline=1292495981

Very interesting, I had EXACTLY the same experience!!!

PS. Is that your squadron mate or the AAA gunner that got you down zhu? ;)
If the second, I would not even complain about it.... :D

~S~

Flanker35M
11-03-2011, 09:11 AM
S!

Interesting feature/bug found in Multiplayer. If you land your plane at base and get the message "xxx has landed/returned to base" and take off again, the plane you fly will dissappear after a few moments. You will just see terrain etc. normally and cockpit vanishes. Press ESC and you are back at the briefing screen. Just FYI. Tested and verified on ATAG server moments ago.

SIDWULF
11-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Ok so these are all graphics bugs.

Running Catalyst 11.9

1: Propeller animation incorrect; one straight blade and the rest bent.

2: Ships can be seen through clouds

3: When injured black artifacts in cockpit

4: Spawning inside a building like this one usually results in the plane bouncing around and exploding when you touch the controls.

5: Two faint blue horizontal lines on the horizon that can be seen through the cockpit.

Thats all for now

SIDWULF
11-05-2011, 04:35 AM
6: Incredibly useless mirror that seems to show an extremley low resolution view of whats behind.

jamesdietz
11-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure this is an exclusuve bug to this patch but...
Yesterday, flying a Campaign Mission ( Eagle Day a third party campaign,) for a long duration mission ( succesful too) during which my 109s attacked an airfield in England,I noted my fellow pilots were spending alot of time over the airfield while I went far afield looking for victims.As I flew back I noticed they weren't moving from their positions over the airfield & they seemed to be smoking .Pausing the game I switched views to their planes & I found them suspended in space ( see screenshots) where apparently they would be doomed to be forever.I flew back to France saddened by my Komrad's fate...Can anyone explain or fix in the next patch do this doesn't happen to others?
(BTW Before the patch occassionally this would happen to me...the mission aould just go on while I stopped suspended high over the Channel never to move again..)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/shot_20111104_175000.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/shot_20111104_175011.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/shot_20111104_175054.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/shot_20111104_175059.jpg

Insuber
11-06-2011, 08:01 PM
The AA guns are visible through terrain: one can see guns behind a hill as small black dots.

hc_wolf
11-06-2011, 11:16 PM
I have been flying a hell of a lot now. I think I better start listing the bugs. I will focus on the Map bugs like Bridges, Floating Grass etc.

As I have been waiting for Patches to improve i thought I would give the map makers a bit of lead time. But I may as well start building a list. I will begin to add pictures also.

English Channel Map:1) Airfield Wissant (nth end as you take off over the village). Grass floating in air from 20-50 meters just at end of the runnway and as you begin to fly over village.

2) Airfield Hawkinge: Small mound on airfield. (Nth side, center area). I don't mind it, but may be a accident and need to be flattened?

Fields Beta Map:1) Bridge in centre of map (main access from Nth to South) is missing.

6BL Bird-Dog
11-07-2011, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=luthier;350181]Hi everyone,

The patch has gone up to steam. It should autoupdate your game version in a few hours once it propagates down to the world. As long as autoupdate is enabled in your steam (Library – Cliffs of Dover – RMB – Properties – Updates – Always keep this game up to date) you do not to take any further actions.

Patch notes can be found below.

And here’s where we are in terms of plans. We obviously remain hard at work on the series. We will continue to improve the game up until the eventual release of its sequel.
I do hope the Dev team will continue to fix all the present faults within the game and at least add some allied defensive shipping if not making more of the aircraft flyable before the release of the sequel.
If this is not the case I for one Will Boycott any further releases and not purchase them until Cliffs of Dover has been fully fixed.

MegOhm
11-08-2011, 03:25 AM
Ok so these are all graphics bugs.

Running Catalyst 11-10

1: Propeller animation incorrect; one straight blade and the rest bent.

2: Ships can be seen through clouds

3: When injured black artifacts in cockpit

4: Spawning inside a building like this one usually results in the plane bouncing around and exploding when you touch the controls.

5: Two faint blue horizontal lines on the horizon that can be seen through the cockpit.

Thats all for now

I am running 11.10 as well....I havent seen the black artifacts...

I noticed some of the flowers and weeds on those funky cellophane tabs are upside down...???

I see blue lines only if Land Shading is on High, if I go to Medium Land Shading the blue lines go away. Tonight I turned everything to max in game settings except land shading... Actually running OK except for the launcher.exe crash. It seems the launcher.exe crash doesn't care what the settings are. I get the crash about 30 mins to 1 hour flight time... I have run some 2 hours with out a crash in single player if I stay away from outside views.

Multiplayer is another story... seems more frequent crashes in MP

Lack of AA still irks me...

klem
11-08-2011, 08:30 AM

I noticed some of the flowers and weeds on those funky cellophane tabs are upside down...???

I see blue lines only if Land Shading is on High, if I go to Medium Land Shading the blue lines go away. Tonight I turned everything to max in game settings except land shading... Actually running OK except for the launcher.exe crash. It seems the launcher.exe crash doesn't care what the settings are. I get the crash about 30 mins to 1 hour flight time... I have run some 2 hours with out a crash in single player if I stay away from outside views.

When he says 'black artefacts' I believe he means the black spots and patches that show through when everything else is shaded Red (like a red mist) due to being wounded. I get them too and many others have reported it.

Flanker35M
11-08-2011, 04:45 PM
S!

+1 on the cockpit black areas when heavily wounded. Looks..mmmh..strange to be polite.

mattag08
11-09-2011, 04:49 AM
While playing the Campaign I had very significant slow downs (settings in sig). I also experienced very strange audio bugs that I didn't have before the patch (new sound engine I guess). Some of the ones I remember:

1) Lack of engine noise when throttle is pulled back below about halfway.
2) Lack of machine gun firing sounds (until I got near the end of the ammo belt!???).
3) Lack of wind noise (intermittent, could not isolate the cause).
4) Generally bad quality sounds (i.e. bad compression/signal noise/etc.).

SIDWULF
11-09-2011, 05:00 AM
While playing the Campaign I had very significant slow downs (settings in sig). I also experienced very strange audio bugs that I didn't have before the patch (new sound engine I guess). Some of the ones I remember:

1) Lack of engine noise when throttle is pulled back below about halfway.
2) Lack of machine gun firing sounds (until I got near the end of the ammo belt!???).
3) Lack of wind noise (intermittent, could not isolate the cause).
4) Generally bad quality sounds (i.e. bad compression/signal noise/etc.).

I also get sounds that seem choppy and cut out...i think this is a common problem with the game that needs to be fixed.

=FI=Scott
11-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Was still getting CTD's with this version. Downclocking GPU from stock settings resolved (all temps were normal)

SIDWULF
11-10-2011, 04:38 AM
1: Propeller bent on engine startup, did not hit ground at all
2: Spawning in front of buildings?
3: Again spawning in front of building
4: There seems to be quite an exaggerated lean to the aircraft in certain places on the map...too much of a tilt.
5: Mirror is missing? You can see the mirror post and everything.

See system specs, Running Catalyst 11.9

SIDWULF
11-10-2011, 05:03 PM

I just realized i was acctually running Catalyst 11.9

Will update later if new drivers fixed issues (Probly not)

reflected
11-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Bug: The Spitfire MKIa's radiator doesn't work anymore. It works visually but it acts as if it was closed all the time. My engine dies after a minute of full throttle flying. (I'm no noob, it used to work, and still works on the MKII)

The weathering slider usually doesn't work either, my Spitfire for instance is always fully weathered, Hurricanes never are.

The belting selection and saving/loading doesn't work in the hangar menu either.

Mysticpuma
11-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Making an .avi file with the Track Player.

I ticked all the boxes on the right to remove labels and set 25fps making sure not to enable Blur. Hit the record button and it asks me where I want to save the video.

Click save, the screen goes Black and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get to task Manager and quit Launcher.exe

Cheers, MP (with a tear in my eye)

xHeadbanDx
11-12-2011, 10:28 PM
i have this graphic error...

win 7
gts 450
4 gig ram

Insuber
11-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Try and disable the anti-epilepsy filter.

Cheers!

l3uLLDoZeR
11-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Please fix the "SERVER FAIL AUTHENTICATION" message when you don't complete the connection attempt to a server.

reflected
11-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote from the Spitfire manual:

iii Change of trim

Undercarriage down - nose down
Flaps down - nose down

The undercarriage works well in CloD, but as soon as you lower the flaps, the aeroplane noses UP!

Caveman
11-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote from the Spitfire manual:

The undercarriage works well in CloD, but as soon as you lower the flaps, the aeroplane noses UP!

Well, the way the manual reads, "Changes of trim" is describing what you must do when the following actions of undercarriage down and flaps down occurs: put in down trim to offset the effects (because the nose is going up). It appears that CLOD is correct...

reflected
11-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Well, the way the manual reads, "Changes of trim" is describing what you must do when the following actions of undercarriage down and flaps down occurs: put in down trim to offset the effects (because the nose is going up). It appears that CLOD is correct...

That doesn't make sense at all mate. Think about it. That would mean a nose up tendency as soon as you lower the landing gear. You can't possibly think that it's right. According to the manual both te undercarriage and the flaps should have the same trim effect: NOSE DOWN.

pupo162
11-13-2011, 03:41 PM
That doesn't make sense at all mate. Think about it. That would mean a nose up tendency as soon as you lower the landing gear. You can't possibly think that it's right. According to the manual both te undercarriage and the flaps should have the same trim effect: NOSE DOWN.

well, flaps down result in a nose up,

gear down should result in a nose down.

so i bleive the manual is wrong ;)

klem
11-13-2011, 04:01 PM
well, flaps down result in a nose up,

gear down should result in a nose down.

so i bleive the manual is wrong ;)

Both the Undercarriage and the Flaps, when deployed, should cause a nose down change of attitude.

reflected
11-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Negative Ghost-rider, applying flaps should result in more lift, and a nose up attitude, hence the need to counter it with nose-down trim. Landing gear results in far more drag, and dirty airflow, but shouldn't be enough to completely negate the flaps.

Strange that the Spitfire manual would be asking you to trim nose down on lowering the landing gear, which should cause a bit of nose down attitude anyways. Perhaps they are trimming in preparation for the flaps?

The manual must be correct...

well, the Spit's flaps aren't really flaps, but huge airbrakes hanging down vertically. I doubt it gives you more lift (which is always generated on the first 1/3rd of the wing profile) but a massive amount of drag.

Another problem/bug:

even though I have decent FPS (50-60), sometimes it slows down to 1-2 online when there are some planes dogfighting + AA + I zoom in. Weird...

Foo'bar
11-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Trains are driving underneath bridges instead upon them to cross rivers.

Qpassa
11-13-2011, 07:53 PM
@Foo'bar: Maybe it was an accident ;) lol!

bw_wolverine
11-13-2011, 07:55 PM
I don't know if this will help or not, but I've noticed something regarding my launcher crashes.

I very rarely (actually I don't even remember one) had launcher crashes BEFORE I started using the FOV switch keys to zoom in on targets.

Previously, I was just leaning in with Track IR to zoom in on my foe, but that doesn't really 'zoom' like the FOV changes do. So I mapped the FOV ranges to buttons on my joystick to zoom into the gunsight when attacking.

Since doing that, I seem to get crashes much more frequently. It could be possible that there's an issue with the FOV setup in the game that is causing problems when switching between them on the fly.

I hope that helps.

klem
11-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Negative Ghost-rider, applying flaps should result in more lift, and a nose up attitude, hence the need to counter it with nose-down trim. Landing gear results in far more drag, and dirty airflow, but shouldn't be enough to completely negate the flaps.

Strange that the Spitfire manual would be asking you to trim nose down on lowering the landing gear, which should cause a bit of nose down attitude anyways. Perhaps they are trimming in preparation for the flaps?

Sorry but that's wrong, pilots notes are saying the nose will pitch down on Flaps deployment, as it does for undercarriage. It isn't saying you should trim nose down, the nose needs to be trimmed Up (or it should be).

And yes its more airbrake on the spit than improved lift.

Generally, one of the advantages of flaps is it gives a nose down and therefore better forward view although its nowhere near enough in the Spitfire!

Vonov
11-14-2011, 01:46 AM
I don't know if this will help or not, but I've noticed something regarding my launcher crashes.

I very rarely (actually I don't even remember one) had launcher crashes BEFORE I started using the FOV switch keys to zoom in on targets.

Previously, I was just leaning in with Track IR to zoom in on my foe, but that doesn't really 'zoom' like the FOV changes do. So I mapped the FOV ranges to buttons on my joystick to zoom into the gunsight when attacking.

Since doing that, I seem to get crashes much more frequently. It could be possible that there's an issue with the FOV setup in the game that is causing problems when switching between them on the fly.

I hope that helps.
You may be onto something...I think it may have something to do w/key bindings. I've had four separate instances since new patch, where CTD or launcher error occurs when I hit button on JS mapped to bomb arm key. Instantaneous, and doesn't always happen, but four times at that exact instant is more than coincidence.

IvanK
11-14-2011, 04:05 AM
Pretty much every Low wing aeroplane with Flaps will experience a Nose down trim change with flap deployment, most noticeably with the later stages of flap.

reflected
11-14-2011, 06:11 AM
That's exactly what I'm talking about, chaps!

In game now we have flaps that makes your nose pitch up, and give you an extra amount of lift - AI Spits sometimes dogfight with the flaps down. That's plain ridiculous. Lower the flaps while truning in a real Spit, and see what happens - no, you won't get more lift and turn better ;)

reflected
11-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Another bug:

When you fly a quick mission and you choose a different plane, no matter what gun belting you pick you'll spawn with the default one.

reflected
11-14-2011, 06:16 AM
And another one:
When I connect to a server (any server) I can't see the flags. I have to quit and reconnect, it always helps.

undpilot87
11-14-2011, 06:17 AM
The manual must be correct...

well, the Spit's flaps aren't really flaps, but huge airbrakes hanging down vertically. I doubt it gives you more lift (which is always generated on the first 1/3rd of the wing profile) but a massive amount of drag.

Another problem/bug:

even though I have decent FPS (50-60), sometimes it slows down to 1-2 online when there are some planes dogfighting + AA + I zoom in. Weird...

I always find it odd to see someone talk about something as if they know what they are talking about when they don't have a clue. First of all they are not airbrakes they are flaps. They are just called plain flaps. Flaps nowadays are much more efficient but these are still flaps. Also lift is not just produced on the first 1/3 of the wing and yes flaps do help to increase lift. Often flaps increase lift by increasing the angle of attack without actually pitching the nose up. This is preferable when landing because you want to produce as much lift as possible so that you can fly as slow as possible and still maintain a nose-down attitude. Your chord line is a measurement from your wings' leading edge to the trailing edge. When you deploy flaps you are essentially moving the trailing edge of the wing down, which is in turn increasing your angle of attack. Anything past 25 degrees of flaps is not increasing lift, it is just increasing drag.

Also to the other guy wondering about the pitch down. The nose pitches down after deploying flaps typically because the center of lift has shifted forward which gives the plane a pitch down motion. Being a pilot I know that when you deploy the first notch of flaps it usually puts your nose at a perfect descent rate. When you add the other notches of flaps you typically have to trim the nose up or else you will have white knuckles trying to keep the plane from pitching over into the ground.

reflected
11-14-2011, 07:06 AM
OK, thanks for the correction.
But still, it seems you agree with me that it works the other way around in CloD?

klem
11-14-2011, 08:30 AM

I hope that helps.

I don't want to add to the folklore/chinese whispers but it seemed to me that I also froze up when I was going to fully zoomed view (unprogrammed button giving FOV30) and pressed another button at the same time (and that always seemed to be my TS3 Tx button programmed as F12 which is not used in the game controls).

I avoid that now but still get occasional freezes which I suspect are due to memory overload which gradually increases from 3.3Gb to over 5Gb (of 6Gb fitted) over about 1.5 hours.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=361208&postcount=7
Perhaps the memory was almost full and the zoom/F12 tweaked it beyond the limit.

TomcatViP
11-14-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't want to add to the folklore/chinese whispers but it seemed to me that I also froze up when I was going to fully zoomed view (unprogrammed button giving FOV30) and pressed another button at the same time (and that always seemed to be my TS3 Tx button programmed as F12 which is not used in the game controls).

I avoid that now but still get occasional freezes which I suspect are due to memory overload which gradually increases from 3.3Gb to over 5Gb (of 6Gb fitted) over about 1.5 hours.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=361208&postcount=7
Perhaps the memory was almost full and the zoom/F12 tweaked it beyond the limit.

I also experience freeze now that I didn't hve before. I think it's related to sound but I am not sure. To clear this prob I hve not only to restart CoD but to restart the computer !! This is very odd. Never heard anything like that with Win 7 pro 64.

Regarding lift : more camber more lift. When (Split)Flaps are down the camber is increased that shift BCKWRD the center of pressure hence the lift center (remember that the CG is in front).

jg27_mc
11-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Howdy gents,

2 days ago during an ATAG server sortie I tried the E4 for the first time. I was shooting at a Hurri AI over Dover and accidentally rammed the enemy plane loosing half my left wing, I was then able to reach the french coast to crash land over my airfield.

I had lost several wings on the E3/E3B and never managed to keep the plane flying (as it should IMHO). I believe this is a huge flaw in the E4 FM... Can anybody confirm this issue?

Regards.

TomcatViP
11-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi MC,

Seems you 've corrected your soft/hardware issues. :)

Many flyable planes in CoD are reported to be still flyable with large portions of the wings missing.

So far I know it happen with the 109E3/E4 and Hurri. Flaps losses and gear mechanism doesn't seems to be affected by the loss of one wing. You probably could hve landed safely ;)

jamesdietz
11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Similar experience due to mid- air collision ( I think) ...Control was ( obviosly ...) a little sluggish, but I'm sure I could have made it down in....uh...two pieces:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/2011-11-13_00018.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/2011-11-13_00017.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/2011-11-13_00016.jpg

jg27_mc
11-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Hi MC,

Seems you 've corrected your soft/hardware issues. :)

Many flyable planes in CoD are reported to be still flyable with large portions of the wings missing.

So far I know it happen with the 109E3/E4 and Hurri. Flaps losses and gear mechanism doesn't seems to be affected by the loss of one wing. You probably could hve landed safely ;)

TY Tomcat for the feedback I wasn't aware of that, BTW my hardware is flawless I'm playing BF3 and MW3 in Very High / Ultra settings. It's definitely a software issue called IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. :neutral:

Similar experience due to mid- air collision ( I think) ...Control was ( obviosly ...) a little sluggish, but I'm sure I could have made it down in....uh...two pieces...

Nasty hardcore pics... FM all porked up. Is it an E4? BTW I only saw something worst than that... MG Spitfires! :P

Regards.

orangec
11-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Hi, I am an newbie to CloD . My friend bougt me a STEAM key on a russian site. So i downloaded the game , ran it and tried to start single player custom missions, but instead getting into game, :

"Launcher has stopped working" pops up ,

version is 1.05.15950 ,

what should I do ?

tf_neuro
11-22-2011, 02:01 AM
bugs
- in multi-crew A/C, Gunners can't shoot off pieces of own planes
- 109E3B freezes in mid air when trying to arm and set fuse on non-existent bombs (already dropped). Not tested yet on other planes.
- 109E3 and 110 manual prop pitch in-cockpit animation is reversed: lever should move downwards when increasing RPM (according to the text in the cockpit itself)
- Antialiasing doesnt work (i guess that one has been reported, but anyway)
- Rear view mirrors in Hurricanes and Spitfires don't work on Triple Head (analog edition with LCD monitors). Looks like a TV that's not tuned right on a station... can't explain it better than so.
- Hurricane and Spitfire rear view mirrors cause great FPS loss when visible (Triple Head Analog 3840x1024)
- Tail wheel lock only works on a couple of multi-crew bombers (bug or historical? We had lockable tail wheels for all these planes in IL-2...)
- 109 automatic booster probably shouldn't be called an 'afterburner' in the on-screen messages.
- visible mouse cursor can be toggled with F10 but it comes back automatically if you alt-tab off the game and then back in. It shouldn't do that. If I set the cursor to be hidden it should stay hidden.

feature requests
- separate realism options for 'temperature effects' and 'engine automatically warmed up at startup' would allow to skip the 3-4 minutes wait and still experience overheating, overcooling etc.
- ability to toggle on-screen messages and on-screen sliders indicators on and off on the fly with a hotkey
- Joystick sensitivity settings interface needs improvement. I couldnt figure out how to decrease sensitivity around the center and incrementally increase it as it goes towards the edges. If that's even possible. (The old IL-2 interface was better. Easy and straightforward. For something more modern, Rise of Flight does a great job)