PDA

View Full Version : Airbus A 400

Bewolf
10-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Kay, I have been following this birds development for quite some time. Plagued with problems mostly because every country involved has it's own needs and the bird was to be a egglaying wool milk pig. But seeing this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdLq8z9dmK8&feature=relmfu

.....dang! I want!

Sternjaeger II
10-15-2011, 12:19 PM
uhmmm I never got too impressed with the crazy stunts of military demonstrators, especially for cargo planes. Yes, it looks spectacular, but it's just a matter of loads of thrust and no payload. I doubt they'd be able to do that with 40 tons of payload in the back.

Having said this, the C-27 is faaar better :mrgreen:

Bewolf
10-15-2011, 12:28 PM
uhmmm I never got too impressed with the crazy stunts of military demonstrators, especially for cargo planes. Yes, it looks spectacular, but it's just a matter of loads of thrust and no payload. I doubt they'd be able to do that with 40 tons of payload in the back.

Having said this, the C-27 is faaar better :mrgreen:

Indeed no news here, but unloaded or not, looks+flying maneuvers=instant fav.

And in regards to the C-27,well...uhm....I suppose it's nice. I heared the Afghan Air Force is going to get some ; )

ATAG_Snapper
10-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Kay, I have been following this birds development for quite some time. Plagued with problems mostly because every country involved has it's own needs and the bird was to be a egglaying wool milk pig. But seeing this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdLq8z9dmK8&feature=relmfu

.....dang! I want!

Wow!!!! And yet, if you had the A400 doing that in a sim everyone would be screaming "OVER-MODELLED!!!!!". LOL

DB605
10-15-2011, 01:09 PM
I have painted few parts of this plane. IRL of course :)

JG52Krupi
10-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Nice to hear some ppl like this aircraft.. it does look pretty good!

TomcatViP
10-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Wow!!!! And yet, if you had the A400 doing that in a sim everyone would be screaming "OVER-MODELLED!!!!!". LOL

Well u shd hear wht the pilot (or the FBW ?) is doing on the eng ctrls each time the nose might hve a tendency to slip offset such with some bank angle.

Frankly until now I won't envy the allied pilots that woud hve to land that bird at night in Kandahar with one eng shut off ;)

Trooper117
10-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Looks impressive.. :)
In fact I'd not like to be sitting in the back of that bird while it was performing what I've just seen.. lol!
It was bad enough being in a C-130 when the pilot was flinging the thing around the welsh valleys under radar.

Boandlgramer
10-15-2011, 04:41 PM
I have painted few parts of this plane. IRL of course :)

Then its somehow your Baby too :)

Boandlgramer
10-15-2011, 04:48 PM
It was bad enough being in a C-130 when the pilot was flinging the thing around the welsh valleys under radar.

When I was in the Army the same happend with me in a CH53 .
The breakfast I have eaten was forced to leave my stomach again .
Our duty after landing was to occupy a bridge and the area around , but without me :D

TomcatViP
10-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Hey wht is better for the ride in the back : 53 or Chinook ?

Trooper117
10-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey wht is better for the ride in the back : 53 or Chinook ?

I've parachuted from both of them, both have a rear ramp, the only thing you have to remember with the CH-53 is to turn left as you jump out due to the tail rotor.

As to just travelling in the back they are both pretty similar.. :)

TomcatViP
10-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Thx Para

I was just wondering if there was a huge diff for teh troops due to Boeing's helo being everywhere on the shop list.

For sure It might be better to "turn left".But how does it goes if you mix both left and right hands ? ;)