PDA

View Full Version : In over my head...

tn_prvteye
10-14-2011, 02:20 AM
Okay, I've been having a go at creating a simple (or so I thought) mission. Basically, I wanted something really small set during the "Phoney War". I know that the map is limited, so I'm not going for historical accuracy.

But I wanted it to be somewhat "dynamic"...well, really just random. No moving front, no ground war, just A2A. Since this is set during the "Sitzkrieg", I was hoping just to have a few German Recon flights, maybe a few Me110 and Me 109 flights flying around, with a Hurricane squadron patrolling. No big engagements. Just an opportunity to fly around France enjoying the countryside with a slight chance of an encounter.

I've been looking at some of the missions people have created...and I'm completely lost. Scripting? ARGH.

Is there any way to setup a "random" variable for an aircraft group? Or does it all need to be scripted?

Ataros
10-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Here is a very simple instruction http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=279416&postcount=95

You can start with it and then add 5 or 10 more sub-missions with various loading loops/cycles in the same way to have random flights which overlap in time.

When you try this if it is not enough you can ask for a more complex script with true randomization. (I am not a C# programmer, so you do not have to be afraid of scripts either.)

Please let me know if you try this.

tn_prvteye
10-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try this weekend!