PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Points - Default and Airfield

5./JG27.Farber
10-09-2011, 03:59 PM
I know how to make spawn points both using the on map points and the airfield place you own points...

Is there some special way of doing this or are some airfields just fluffed because sometimes spawning uses my points and other times just uses the default ones...

Does anyone know all the peculiarities of spawns and would you please care to explain?

Many thanks.

Ataros
10-09-2011, 06:13 PM
I am trying to put spawnareas (for MP) or airgroup waypoint (in SP) closer to the center of my airfield or sometimes on the side closer to my airfield. But I am not sure if it works 100%.

The devs said they fixed explosions in hangars and no we can use built-in airfields without problems.

5./JG27.Farber
10-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Its deffinatley NOT the case that we can use defaults spawns now... Ive been map testing spawns this weekend. Cant find any rhyme or reason to them.

salmo
10-09-2011, 07:30 PM
I know how to make spawn points both using the on map points and the airfield place you own points...

Is there some special way of doing this or are some airfields just fluffed because sometimes spawning uses my points and other times just uses the default ones...

Does anyone know all the peculiarities of spawns and would you please care to explain?

Many thanks.

You'll find the answer to this, and many other FMB questions, in the comprehensive FMB documentation manual put out by the dev's/1C.

5./JG27.Farber
10-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Heres the post I originally saw:

You have to create an boject called "Runway" and add "Spawnpoints" to this runway.

Just look for the object in the FMB Browser, place it where you want, press Crtl+B to place the runway, edit the length and width and orientation. Than you choose the point "0", click on it - this is the point all spawing aircraft will roll to prior to take off, so you should move this point by dragging somewhere close to the runway end.

If you have still activated this point, press once more Ctrl+B and add a spawning point. An aircraft will spawn at this point, if the point lies at the end of a branch and roll to the point 0 via the next points connected.
You can choose any of the points and branch them the way you want them, by pressing Ctrl+B.

Finally put an object "Spawn Area" on your airfield you created and set it up (don´t forget to set the max. number of planes - it is default set to 0) if you want to use the airfield in DF mode or put your AI aircraft flight on the field and check "spawn parked" in the "Group setup" of the flight, if you want to use this as Coop mode airfield.

PS: If some object is too close to your spawnpoint, the game notices this and the plane will not spawn on the point but somewhere at the radius you have defined with the "runway setup", so don´t be surprised. The blocked point will be surpassed. This way you can also deactivate default spawnpoints in hangers, actually not suited for bigger planes than 109s f.e.

Either Im missing a step or its not working...

:?

Also found this post:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23284&highlight=spawn+points+area

_79_dev
10-09-2011, 10:23 PM
~S~

I have theme new spawning points and runways created on half of the airfields for map I shared ealier, I ment to send You that last week I am sorry, I am really busy at the moment...sweet childhood of my 7months old son :).... I'll do it tommorrow mate just will send You whole thing, have no acces to PC now...

5./JG27.Farber
10-10-2011, 10:07 AM
On our server maps we were using the old method, use the default spawns and block any bad ones but after reading Snafu's post about creating your own we changed them all to airfield points.

It was working ok or so we thought, so to lighten the load I removed some of the blocking objects and low and behold were back on the default spawns!? The aifield points seem to work "sometimes" but not always with no rhyme or reason to them.

It seems the only stable way is to use blocking objects and default spawns for garenteed certainty... O well back to the FMB!

Ataros
10-10-2011, 10:12 AM
It seems the only stable way is to use blocking objects and default spawns for garenteed certainty...
Are you running latest beta? Naryv said they fixed hangar explosions by moving spawns a bit from small hangars.

E.g. on Steppe map I saw yesterday bombers spawn near small fighter hangars, not inside of them.

If it is not fixed somewhere please make a screenshot and let me know the name of an airfield. I will inform naryv at sukoi.ru .

Ataros
10-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Either Im missing a step or its not working...

IIRC you have to set up a 'branch' key in control settings of the game first.

SNAFU
10-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi Faber,

It used to work with the custom made spawnpoints, but I reworked an airfield this weekend and experienced the same, that the old, not-blocked spawnpoints of the build-in airfield were used instead of the custom made ones.

I havent´t looked further into it this weekend, but maybe that is not working as it used to anymore with the new patches.

Ataros
10-10-2011, 10:21 AM
I havent´t looked further into it this weekend, but maybe that is not working as it used to anymore with the new patches.

I placed an airfield on top of original one on Steppe map 2 days ago and the Spawn Area right above the center of the new airfield. All planes spawn on the new airfield.

(recent beta)

SNAFU
10-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Ok, so I have to go back and try again. Just put my new spawnpoints around the original and tried... the dedi put me back on the original ons. Maybe I have to block them.

5./JG27.Farber
10-10-2011, 11:59 AM
IIRC you have to set up a 'branch' key in control settings of the game first.

You mean Ctl + B? Ive done that. If not please explain.

Hi Faber,

It used to work with the custom made spawnpoints, but I reworked an airfield this weekend and experienced the same, that the old, not-blocked spawnpoints of the build-in airfield were used instead of the custom made ones.

I dont know if its the patches, were running very latest beta plus hotfix, or not... I was thinking the same thing but I set up an airfield, I placed 6 points in the middel and it worked, when you go to another field and actually try to set it up properly it deafults... So we know it can work with the beta but is it effected by terrain, map objects, etc? I just can't figure out the mechanics of it...

SNAFU
10-10-2011, 02:56 PM
You can block spawnpoints with the runway object. So if you custom runway is over the default spawnpoints they are not available anymore. Same with the selfmade spawnpoints. They must not be covered by runway.

If all your spawnpoints are blocked by objects (even near objects like crate too close) or used by a player who just spawned, the next plane will be spawned along the circle with the direction ot the centre of you airfield. So you can artifically create a half circle of spawnpoints, by blocking your default spawnpoints wiht a wide runway and putting the centre of the spawn are cirecle in a way, that only a curve of the cirle lies outside the runway object. Nowr you planes should spawn along this curve (reaching beyond the runway box).

Like this old picture:
1. pic: the square box of the object airfield blocks the spawnpoints and the centre of the spawnarea is totally covered by the airfield box. Now the circle is adjusted that it just touches the box at the border. All planes now spawn along the border, where the circle touches the box border.
http://schwaan.info/Snafu/CoD/FMB/guines-freespawn2.jpeg

2.pic: looks like this below
http://schwaan.info/Snafu/CoD/FMB/guines-freespawn1.jpeg

Ataros
10-10-2011, 04:03 PM
As a side, we experienced it spawning us in places where we didn't have spawn points, and the default spawn points weren't in those locations either! Fighter 2 base on the Islands of Doom map, we placed our new airfield, and it started spawning us in the water after the first few planes were down.

It spawns airplanes on the airfield circle after all spawnpoints are used. Reduce radius of the circle or cover half of it which is in the water by a runway.

5./JG27.Farber
10-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Did you mean like this Snafu? We dont spawn on the points...

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af321/farber82/cliffsspawn.png

The points are within the radius its just the zoom level bug...

5./JG27.Farber
10-10-2011, 04:26 PM
It spawns airplanes on the airfield circle after all spawnpoints are used. Reduce radius of the circle or cover half of it which is in the water by a runway.

You mean like this?

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af321/farber82/cliffsspawn-1.png

Highlighted this one for clearness...

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af321/farber82/cliffsspawn2.png

SNAFU
10-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Yes more or less, that is what I call free spawn, without any spawnpoints. Would look like this on your field:

http://www.schwaan.info/Snafu/CoD/FMB/free-spawnarrangement1.bmp

http://www.schwaan.info/Snafu/CoD/FMB/free-spawnarrangement2.bmp

[PARTS]
core.100
bob.100
[MAIN]
MAP Land$Online_Isles_of_Doom
BattleArea 0 0 40960 32768 10000
TIME 12
WeatherIndex 0
CloudsHeight 1000
BreezeActivity 10
ThermalActivity 10
[GlobalWind_0]
Power 3.000 0.000 0.000
BottomBound 0.00
TopBound 1500.00
GustPower 5
GustAngle 45
[splines]
[AirGroups]
BoB_RAF_F_FatCat_Early.03
[BoB_RAF_F_FatCat_Early.03]
Flight0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Flight1 11 12 13 14 15 16
Class Aircraft.SpitfireMkIIa
Formation VIC3
CallSign 26
Fuel 100
Weapons 1
SetOnPark 1
Idle 1
Skill 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3
[BoB_RAF_F_FatCat_Early.03_Way]
TAKEOFF 12593.11 17022.55 0 0
NORMFLY 12770.09 16549.23 500.00 300.00
[CustomChiefs]
[Stationary]
[Buildings]
[BuildingsLinks]
[Airdromes]
airdrome0 12969.37 16833.74 1 700 700 0
[airdrome0_Runways]
13092.80 17154.12 -30.00 2500.00 2000.00 0
[airdrome0_Points]
12335.65 16545.37
[BirthPlace]
test 1 12546 17154 0 40 1 0 . . .

Sorry for the size, was too lazy to scale the pics down in the hurry.

BUT NOTE THIS IS NOT SUITABLE FOR AI TO TAKE OFF OR LAND! THEY JUST GO CRAZY! ;)

5./JG27.Farber
10-10-2011, 04:56 PM
OK thanks everyone!

Ataros
10-10-2011, 06:04 PM
BUT NOTE THIS IS NOT SUITABLE FOR AI TO TAKE OFF OR LAND! THEY JUST GO CRAZY! ;)

I think if you cover only half of airfield AI can still use this runway because it is narrow enough but probably it depends on other conditions like available space.

5./JG27.Farber
10-10-2011, 07:01 PM
It worked...

salmo
11-06-2011, 04:24 AM
I've been playing around customising Croydon airfield (it isn't congigured very historically accurately). Been able to construct runway, taxi-points & spawn points OK. Spline roads can be used to make taxiways, dirt roads etc. I'm trying to figure out a way to mask over the existing grass runways (they are alligned historically incorrectly). Tried masking with spline roads of various types without sucess. Anyone got an idea how to mask over the hard-coded grass runway texture?

ATAG_Bliss
11-06-2011, 04:33 AM
Do spline roads work in a dedi server environment now? Just wondering if anyone has tested since the last official patch.

Gromic
11-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Speaking of AI / spawns, does anyone have issues with them not taking off? They spawn where they should with engines running but don't move a bit. They're not set to idle. This happens regardless of whether they are spawned parked or directly on the runway. They act like union members on a wage strike and to think that I paid full price for this game.

Note, I only have this issue if I spawn them within a dedicated server environment. If I run the mission directly from the FMB they take off just fine.

This happens on two airfields - Hawkinge and Manston. Aircraft type also has no effect on thier reluctance to get airborne.

I'm using the latest official patch.

Cheers

Gromic