PDA

View Full Version : FMB-AI don't attack.

Hlander
10-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Hello,

The enemy AI just fly in circuits, even on ace level, engage fighters, cover e.t.c.

If i get behind them and fire, they will avoid getting shot. But will then resume the circuit.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Hlander

IvanK
10-08-2011, 11:17 PM
I have the same issue. When building some missions I just cant get the AI to engage offensively ... even at Ace level and you fly in front of them.

ATAG_Bliss
10-08-2011, 11:54 PM
It depends on how you set them up. I think because of the constant whining of years past (as they would constantly fight to the death) that they now need to have an advantage before wanting to engage. In the same token, if they are damaged they would rather run than stay and fight.

Basically to make them fight, make a group of enemies with far greater #'s than your own flight, they will attack you virtually every time, until, again, they lose that advantage. :(

At least, this is what I've seen.

Hlander
10-13-2011, 08:11 PM
I got them to engage, but when both sides are down to approximately 75% strength both air groups resume the circuit.

Can Ai run out of ammo, even with "unlimited ammo" settings?

I even thought it may have been a discipline issue. So I messed around with the skill levels, same result. Any suggestions?

Give me my 1946 AI please!!!
:grin::grin::grin:

IvanK
10-13-2011, 10:31 PM
I tried it 2 V 1 ... they go for one turn with you then separate.

Hlander
10-15-2011, 05:00 AM
All good now, it was an ammo issue.

Photorich
10-17-2011, 07:40 PM
All good now, it was an ammo issue.
How did you fix the problem? I've tried everything