PDA

View Full Version : any word on spit performance after new beta?

trumps
10-06-2011, 09:47 AM
have any changes been made to the spit1 and 1a CEM and performance in the new beta? sounds like there might have been a few tweaks but only heard from the german side of things.

Cheers
Craig

IvanK
10-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Spit and Hurricanes Vne now in excess of 420MPH IAS ... yay

Hi speed regime for both RAF and axis fighters much more realistic.

skouras
10-06-2011, 10:47 AM
the bf 110 Can dive and exceed 500 Klm without overstresed
also the AI has not this terrible roll F16 style
much normal now
much more:-) AI

ReconNZ
10-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Dev's can you please confirm re the Spit II - do you think it is overmodeled against the 109's

trumps
10-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Dev's can you please confirm re the Spit II - do you think it is overmodeled against the 109's

bud please don't turn this into another F$%kfest, this post is regarding the performance of the Mk1 and 1a, and if their performance and prop setup
had been sorted as i have only heard from fellow 109/110 flyers. i think after
all of the previous discussion it has generally been agreed upon that pretty
much all the other aircraft are/were under modeled as against the IIa being
over modeled.

Cheers
Craig

ReconNZ
10-06-2011, 11:33 AM
bud please don't turn this into another F$%kfest, this post is regarding the performance of the Mk1 and 1a, and if their performance and prop setup
had been sorted as i have only heard from fellow 109/110 flyers. i think after
all of the previous discussion it has generally been agreed upon that pretty
much all the other aircraft are/were under modeled as against the IIa being
over modeled.

Cheers
Craig

Fair call Trumps, sorry mate, not trying to reignite the age old debate! :-P

I heard a rumour that the Devs are going to post soon that they are happy with the respective plane models. Was just hoping my patch could encourage a response from them on the topic so that the disputes could be put to rest!

Happy for only the devs to respond, there are plenty of other threads for all of us to beat each other up on the old spit v 109 debate! :)

trumps
10-06-2011, 11:53 AM
all good mate ;) i don't spend a lot of time in the spit or hurri my self, usually prefer my E-1, or 110, but i would love to see the earlier spits at least running the correct props, lol at the moment they are running an aeronautical version of the old powerglide transmission !

Craig

Ataros
10-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Anyone tested Spit IIa speed vs. 109 at ground level after the patch? Is 109 faster now by chance?

Need to know for balancing Repka servers.

senseispcc
10-06-2011, 01:17 PM
In some cases the hurricane was faster than the BF109 E but in combat the pilots did not ask even very politely witch type they did follow and shoot down. And the Hurricane was always faster than the Me110! For the Spitfire it was faster than the Bf109, sorry!;)

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah, anything new on this? We really would like to know if the FM issues are fixed.

ChocsAway
10-06-2011, 05:44 PM
the bf 110 Can dive and exceed 500 Klm without overstresed
also the AI has not this terrible roll F16 style
much normal now
much more:-) AI

Mmm! I'm still seeimg the crazy AI maneuvres. I just followed a 109 all the way across the english channel and his roll rate was still probably around that of an F-16 at times. Took me ages to down the bugger! :)

Ze-Jamz
10-06-2011, 05:56 PM

Lol,

You done well to retract that question m8...same old same old and all that :)

Tbh i didnt even know the crates have had any work on them? So the Spit1 and hurri have the correct top speed now then?

Welshman
10-06-2011, 06:29 PM
just tried the 1a @ sea level and still 250 ias max still not enough power to blow its nose in high PP ( still no csp )

SEE
10-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Just tested Spit Mk1's - no performance changes in this Beta V2 but I wasn't expecting any.

DairyAir
10-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Hi

Lurking for a while.
First post.

The Spitfire no longer suffers from fuel starvation under negative G.
Is the Spitfire FM now equipped with fuel injection?:confused:

fruitbat
10-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi

Lurking for a while.
First post.

The Spitfire no longer suffers from fuel starvation under negative G.
Is the Spitfire FM now equipped with fuel injection?:confused:

ummm, mine do.......

odd :confused:

DairyAir
10-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Sorry.
My bad.:(

I had somehow turned off CEM.:rolleyes:

Oh well!
Back to flying with Normal Aspirations Eh!:cool:

senseispcc
10-06-2011, 07:48 PM
just tried the 1a @ sea level and still 250 ias max still not enough power to blow its nose in high PP ( still no csp )

Just try to go to France and back and you see that the back trip is faster and I am not kidding. Maybe because there is less fuel in the plane?

Space Communist
10-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I would agree that 250 is the current max speed in level flight at sea level, but I was unable to get over 240 before the patch, so it seems a little improved.

TomcatViP
10-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Are you sure guys that you are flying the plane right ?

I mean you might try to reach max speed at an un-appropriate plane config.

To be sure pls do teh following: had some slight dive before you do your final speed run. Makes also sure tht you pitch is in coarse position if you are flying a manual prop

I do test the spit (online) from time to time and feel not impaired by any lack of speed.

Note : pls remind this is not an MkIX

Osprey
10-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Just try to go to France and back and you see that the back trip is faster and I am not kidding. Maybe because there is less fuel in the plane?

Surely looking at the Air Speed Indicator would be a better way to judge it don't you think?