PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Steve

Sternjaeger II
10-06-2011, 08:54 AM
I was very sad to read the news this morning.

Regardless of whether you like Apple or not, I really think the world has lost an incredibly visionary innovator. Things won't be the same without him, the technology leap he inspired in the last 5 years was immense, let's hope they will keep his spirit going at Apple..

Rest In Peace Steve Jobs

retrojet
10-07-2011, 02:27 AM
lifes too short even if you live to be a 100!
Sad day, for sure...:(

Bewolf
10-07-2011, 02:44 AM
RIP to another human being...

That said, it is telling for our times that a computer geek is said good bye like he was a saint bringing good to the world.

Madfish
10-09-2011, 12:08 AM
He was a visionary in the old Apple maybe. In the new one they only hired him back to avoid going bankrupt and since then he was corrupted. He was measured by sales and that led to a very agressive business. Inlcuding administration, copyright abuse, overpricing, underpaying the production line and more.

Yes he was brilliant when he was young and got all this nice inspiration from what Xerox and Braun had done. But I doubt we will see anything change now that he's gone. Which is actually the sad part because the Apple today is... questionable at best.

That said I'm unsure if I can feel any sadness for the death of one human who's largely responsible for many deaths world wide. Either due to the harsh production conditions or extremely low prices they demanded. Just take a look at what an Apple device costs in production and what it's being sold for.

The human Steve died a long long time ago. The new Steve had deep issues and was always trying to prove himself. He did - and it cost him and many others their lives.