PDA

View Full Version : Possible to change the default skins?

CWMV
10-06-2011, 03:37 AM
So Ive started skinning for CoD and am having a great time with it.
Now my question is, can we change/alter the skins the game uses for AI and such?

For example, I took the standard JG26 skin, recolored it with different RLM colors (02/70/65), added a haken to it and put it back in game.

Started a mission with JG26, and when spawned the AI still had the default skin-no new colors, no haken, jack.

So can we change these at all so that the game will use them?

CWMV
10-06-2011, 04:59 AM
You know I did just that, and it still didnt take.
I will try again though, could be a problem somewhere between the chair and the keyboard...

Feathered_IV
10-06-2011, 07:53 AM
The basic skin is hardcoded into the game, just like the ones in the Il-2 series.
The ones cheesehawk is referring to are the handful of selectable skins that shipped with the game, I suspect. Without resorting to mods though we're stuck with the default ones forever.

CWMV
10-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Actually, he was right.

When I first tried it I accidentally put the revised skin in the E-4 folder and then tried to use it in an E-3 without realising it.

So ya, it was all this guy!

Now they are working quite well. My 109's finally have correct markings and better/more varied RLM colors and weathering.

Thanks much Cheesehawk!

Plt Off JRB Meaker
10-06-2011, 12:11 PM
This is great news to here,I would love to start giving the German bombers their correct propellor spinner colours at some stage.At the moment they are all green whereas historically they were mainly all coloured.

Could anyone tell me where I might find the templates to start changing these over,and if all's well I'll attempt to get started.