every other 109 variant OK..Red planes Ok too

Tree_UK
10-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Does the engine over heat and die?

Ze-Jamz
10-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Does the engine over heat and die?

haven't got that far yet... they are fully open to start

bearing in mind this is a single mission air start over the sea... haven't tested it more than that yet

albx
10-05-2011, 05:35 PM
The line on the horizon is still there.
In the spit, low FPS looking ahead in the cockpit, seems changing the mixture affect it, like the red flames are a FPS hit.

Warhound
10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Game locked up while flying quick mission "German Attack - Bridge"
Happened while doing a low level looping over Ramsgate in 3rd personview as the buildings occupied the whole screen (flying spit IIa).
No crashlog was generated as I had to ctrl-alt-del out and force the .exe to close, mouse stopped working even in windows so had to use the keyboard.
Not had this happen for months so fear it's related to this beta.
Running ATI catalyst 11.5, HW specs in sig

crash #2 : online on the vulcano's map (Repka 2) , see a Hurricane crash and game locks up as the explosion starts.
Had to shut down via the task manager again. Cache cleared beforehand on both occasions.

ingame settings as follows:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16366755/clod_settings.jpg

Sven
10-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Maybe updating to 11.9 will help? Could have nothing to do with it, but just maybe...:)

David198502
10-05-2011, 05:54 PM
oil and water rads not controllable in the E4 and E4b as already mentioned.:mad:...the automatic proppitch is really bad...it overrevs all the time..i could increase speed way faster with manual pp.:confused:

albx
10-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Crash everytime... too many....

csThor
10-05-2011, 06:01 PM
albx - Have you cleared your cache folder before starting? Might help wonders ... ;)

Tree_UK
10-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Game crashes completely with any kind of explosion. I have to alt tab out so no crash log. Cleared all cache, last patch caused pc crashes that had never happened before, this patch as made the Game unplayable.

Pegasus_Eagle
no crash dump gen

lockup every time a explosion happens

whether it be a aircraft or bomb

alt tab and end proses was only way to close game

didn't happen in last patch

still cant change loadout in quick mis or single mis didnt make it to campaign

sry i just got to frustrated to go on any further game on this patch unplayable

albx
albx - Have you cleared your cache folder before starting? Might help wonders ... ;)

yes did, I tested it online

@Pegasus_Eagle
same situtation here

mazex
10-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Whenever I crash (got some help with my kids that wondered why I was starting a game when I was going to read for them ;), the game locks just after the flame cloud appears. I have tried 3 Hurricane crashes and one G50 over Dover - both from external view an internal. Did one in an ME 109 over France now with the same result. Game locks completely with "flames" sound looping forever in the external view of the plane exploding...

The good thing is that it's repeatable for me at least :)

Running the hardware as in my sig with the latest Nvidia Beta drivers - 285.38

Will post dumps to Ilya if it's not something everyone gets so he'll get flooded in that report ;)

EDIT: Only get dump files every other time. I think it seems like when you "ctrl+alt+delete" to task manager and then try to go back to the crashed CoD exe again you get it... Or it's just random. Anyway, I think Ilya pointed at the wrong location for the dumps. In my case I get them in "C:\Users\username\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cppcrash"...

JG52Krupi
10-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Game crashes completely with any kind of explosion. I have to alt tab out so no crash log. Cleared all cache, last patch caused pc crashes that had never happened before, this patch as made the Game unplayable.

When did it crash dude?

Sven
10-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Did you guys install this Beta patch over the previous Beta patch or the official patch? Maybe that's got something to do with it.

Tree_UK
10-05-2011, 06:05 PM
When did it crash dude?

It crashes constantly, as soon as there is an explosion it dies.

mazex
10-05-2011, 06:05 PM
When did it crash dude?

Try making an explosion by doing the lawn dart trick with you own plane. Works for me every time ;)

FG28_Kodiak
10-05-2011, 06:10 PM
First let Steam check your files, second delete the cache file, then install the Patch.

JG52Krupi
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
It crashes constantly, as soon as there is an explosion it dies.

:(

Tree_UK
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
First let Steam check your files, second delete the cache file, then install the Patch.

lol, thanks, all been done.

Pegasus_Eagle
10-05-2011, 06:15 PM

did all that twice

then did third time put old beta in and game run no crash on explod

addman
10-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Yup! Explosions freeze/crash the game. Aren't betas supposed to be improvements from earlier versions? LOL! Already looking forward to the retail patch, that'll be a hoot.

ZaltysZ
10-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Permanent freeze on explosion is reproducible with Black Death track: scene with hurricane taking off and exploding.

ATAG_Septic
10-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Maybe updating to 11.9 will help? Could have nothing to do with it, but just maybe...:)

I'm on 11.09 here and have had three lock-ups so far, each time have needed to end the programme via task manager so no dump files, sry. Edit; No lock-up if visual effects (or whatever it's called) is set to low, otherwise it's a hard fault.

I did like the brief listen to some of the sounds, could tell big difference between open/closed cockpit for instance.

Win 64
i7 930@4000
HD5970 2GB @900GPU 1200MEM 11.9 Catalyst.

RCAF_FB_Orville
10-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Yup! Explosions freeze/crash the game.

Confirm addman, had 3 crashes already, 2 explosion related, one just flying about in a FMB 4 vs 4 dogfight I made. First impression of the colours is frikkin awful.....if these are final then I think I'm going to cry. 'RETURN TO PLANET SHREK'. :eek:

Confirm E4 radiator bug, will not overheat either. How did they miss that? Glad the reflector sights range is sorted now though.

I'll have to find out how to post the crash log thing, will do so in time.

JG52Krupi
10-05-2011, 06:27 PM
**E4/e4b**

Cant open close oil or water radiators E4/E4b

Not a bug Gelbe Vierzehn just found out :D

If you hit R you get manual control back, great find.

csThor
10-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Already had two crashes. The game freezes but sound continues to be played ... No crash dump files are generated and I need to shut down CloD via TaskManager.

Whiski
10-05-2011, 06:28 PM
I had a free flight over France and England in both Spitfire I and the 109 E-3. Shoot some Storage tanks next to industrial building to cause an explosion and had no apparent hiccups or freezes during the explosions in cockpit, or external view.

Once I nosed the A/C into the ground (with both planes) in cockpit (not external) game locked up and had to task manager out and end the launcher process. No crash dump file was produced in either lock up.

Whiskey

Tree_UK
10-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Tried lots of tricks and tweaks but this patch is porked.

VO101_Tom
10-05-2011, 06:34 PM
**E4/e4b**
Cant open close oil or water radiators E4/E4b

oil and water rads not controllable in the E4 and E4b as already mentioned.:mad:...the automatic proppitch is really bad...it overrevs all the time..i could increase speed way faster with manual pp.:confused:

Radiator (and PP) can't be controlled until turn off the automation (no any info in the vehicle system window. ). The radiator animation does not work, seems to be closed, but the engine don't overheat.

- Toggle Automatic Radiator Control
- Toggle Propellor Pitch Automation

Winger
10-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Sorry but 3 Weeks for a bit of color changes. LOOOOL. More crashes, no prerformance increase. STILL no FSAA. NOTHING.
Shall i tell you guys from 1C what it looks like for me as a customer?
That youre not working but surfing the web all day and waste your time.
Shall i tell you something? I am really sorry but i as a customer am loosing interest in this game and am close to shelve it and play something else until maybe in some months something actually really happened.

I am no big fan of the FMs in Rise of flight but you folks should take an example from the ROF guys when it goes about speed of development and pace of patches. Thos guys are WAY faster than you folks and as far as i know are even the FAR smaller team.

BIG DISSAPOINTMENT!

Winger

CWMV
10-05-2011, 06:35 PM

So what is the rational of having to hit "R" in the E-4 and no other aircraft?

Still sounds like a bug, it just has a work around.

RCAF_FB_Orville
10-05-2011, 06:38 PM

Ah, nice one!

Rest in peace, E1 and E3....no longer selected in multiplayer.....Lived briefly for a few months then lost their heroic struggle for virtual life, as the E4 variants were far easier to fly, with uber weaponry, and virtually no pilot workload. They shone brightly, in their all too brief time with us.....but will never be forgotten, and now take their rest in the great 'knackers yard' in the sky.

Fondly remembered, and always in our hearts. :grin:

*dons asbestos suit, then runs away*

VO101_Tom
10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Already had two crashes. The game freezes but sound continues to be played ... No crash dump files are generated and I need to shut down CloD via TaskManager.

Same here. The last time it froze when a plane exploded next to me. Aircraft in the middle of a huge fireball. No dump file, i have to kill the process via Taskmanager

RCAF_FB_Orville
10-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Same here. The last time it froze when a plane exploded next to me. Aircraft in the middle of a huge fireball. No dump file, i have to kill the process via Taskmanager

Confirm Thor and Tom, had to kill with Task Manager and no crash dump files either.

Bewolf
10-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Hmmmm

two missions, two crashes so far, in both cases had to quit via task manager.

can't really comment on anything else yet.

VO101_Tom
10-05-2011, 06:51 PM
No crash, since i switch off the EFFECTS in video menu... :rolleyes:

Phazon
10-05-2011, 06:54 PM
The game also freezes for me when a plane crashes. I've only ran FMB missions with just me in a single plane and as soon as I crash into either terrain or a building the game will lock up and the sound will loop. No crash log is generated. Cleared the cache, but did not revert Steam install back to original before applying patch. I just pasted it over the previous beta patch.

The blue horizon line bug is still there. Not sure if its AMD cards only or Nvidia as well. I can see it with my HD6970 using official Cat 11.9 driver.

The Tiger Moth sound is still really spluttery and poppy when starting up cold. I understand because its a cold engine but it really needs a warming up sound to help blend in the engine splutter sounds because at the moment all you hear are pops when it warms up and no engine running sound at all.

Mirrors are still bugged / useless. They should be removed from the game or disabled by default.

Some buildings sometimes don't show even on max settings. Normally its on the edge of the towns, you can see them painted on the terrain but no model appears.

The lead (new addition?) going into the Bf-109E-3 throttle goes through an obvious level of detail change near 80% power.

Orpheus
Same freezing experiences as everyone else. Crossfire performance seemed a small improvement (previously it was worse than a single card) little smoother but still some texture stutter, then performance dropped through the floor after 3 or 4 missions, just like it's always done. 35-60 fps down to 15/16. Single card performance is unaffected. It's bonkers. Cat 11.8.

AA with this patch looks sharper/jaggier, especially in the cockpit. Colours are nice, engine sounds are wonderful. AI is still terrible. Perfomance, even on a single card still has loading stutters at all texture levels.

Appreciate the patch and the hard work.

150GCT_Veltro
Landscape is better now, but i confirm explosion freeze and E4 radiators bug.

I can't take anymore screnshoots.

Space Communist
I have never had a crash in this game before, and I have normally attributed all the problems people have had to PEBKAK, but in this case the explosion crash is a real bug.

It does not seem to happen (or at least it didn't happen for one attempt) for mid-air explosions. I crashed into a wingman and the resulting fireball yielded no crash or any kind of hiccup. But nosing into the ground at high speed yielded an instant, total lock.

560 Ti, 280.26 drivers
Win 7 64 bit

mazex
10-05-2011, 06:55 PM
The problems with the "post-crash" lockup must be an easy one to solve as it seems to happen to many here all the time... It's probably some build/packaging problem where a tiny explosion sound clip or flame effect that all the testers have on their rigs from numerous internal versions did not make it into the beta patch release we got. Sure that's annoying, but stuff like that can happen when you have a mod with pitch forks and torches outside of you house ;)

But really - if this is going to be a bug reporting thread can't people please post their hardware setup, OS version and driver versions for their GPU etc? It's really impossible to see if this is a problem related only to Nvidia users, Creative Sound card users or whatever...

EDIT: After whining about this I realize that I had forgotten my Sound Card in my sig ;) Shame on me...

Zappatime
10-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Crashes when there's a ground-hit fireball explosion (not when anything crashes into sea). Reproducable with Black Death track at point of bomb impact with taking off Hurricane, would appear to be the fireball graphic that triggers the lock-up.

No crashdump file created, requires taskmanager to get out, sound continues after crash.

While its running (up to a ground crash) there seems to be more stuttering for me than 1st beta and still a big fps hit in clouds.

Using nvidia beta driver 285.38 with vsync and SSAO all settings high.

KeBrAnTo
10-05-2011, 06:56 PM
It seems to me that the AI radio comms are hardly audible now, I don't know if someone else is having this issue too. :(

For me the rest works fine. :grin:

Zappatime
10-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Of the people that have had lock ups after a ground explosion, who has nvidia graphics card with the latest beta 285.38 (the one required for Battlefield 3)?

Ailantd
10-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Extremely over contrasted cockpit lighting that I hope will be a bug.

Gourmand
10-05-2011, 07:02 PM
+1
game freeze when you crash your airplane ^^ too much realistic :)
there are no crash file to send, just a freeze game :/

and +1 for the no-clickable radiators in the new 109

i have 280.26 nvidia driver.
my settings in game is med, no vsync, no AA, no SSAO

15.Span_Valalo
10-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Very joke this patch, I crashed and next I have to ctrl+alt+sup to cancel game, very poor this patch.... :(, and fps low´s

I used GTX 465 with 285.38 nvidia patch...

tomandre81
10-05-2011, 07:05 PM

They did it on purpose, so when your plane explodes, the explosion is so powerfull it sends shock-waves throughout your computer's system and therefore the game freezes.
Most people should know this by themself

Gourmand
10-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Very joke this patch, I crashed and next I have to ctrl+alt+sup to cancel game, very poor this patch.... :(, and fps low´s

I used GTX 465 with 285.38 nvidia patch...
it's not a patch, it's a beta patch... this is all the difference.

VO101_Tom
10-05-2011, 07:08 PM
109 PP and radiator IS working, just switch off the automation... :rolleyes:

The game freezes if the effects in video menu high or medium. NO FREEZE since i set the effects to low.

jf1981
10-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Hello,

Very strange bright colors (bright red, while) more often than before, and very low frame rates quite often.
I run a Nvidia GTX 260 car, Phenom & Win 7, high graphics.

Gromic
10-05-2011, 07:24 PM
The game freezes if the effects in video menu high or medium. NO FREEZE since i set the effects to low.

Confirmed. But, not the way I plan on playing this game. Reverting to the first patch until this gets fixed.

And I thought the pre patch sound cut-out in mp was bad......:rolleyes:

Cheers

Gromic

Catseye
10-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Sorry, no dump file created.
Flying quick mission Free Flight over England.
Changed plane from Hurricane to Spitfire IIa.

About 2 minutes into the flight I blew up the oil dumps at Dover.
Then circled and flew low through the flames to see what affect it would have on my aircraft.

F3 flyby showed fuel or smoke from under right wing.

Climbed, opened canopy and ejected.

Chute opened and started to decend.

Hit ESC to get out of mission and everything froze.

I switched screens back to the desktop but no mouse pointer and could not ALT CTL DEL out of it either. So i pressed the HOT BOOT button to reboot the system.

Windows 7/64 (6.1, Build 7601)
MB: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
CPU: I7 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPU's) oc - 3.8GHz
MEM: 6144 RAM
DX11
Nvidia GTX570
Driver: Nvidia 280.26
Monitor: ViewSonic VA2702w
Sound SoundMax Integrated HDAudio

JG52Krupi
10-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Sorry, no dump file created.
Flying quick mission Free Flight over England.
Changed plane from Hurricane to Spitfire IIa.

About 2 minutes into the flight I blew up the oil dumps at Dover.
Then circled and flew low through the flames to see what affect it would have on my aircraft.

F3 flyby showed fuel or smoke from under right wing.

Climbed, opened canopy and ejected.

Chute opened and started to decend.

Hit ESC to get out of mission and everything froze.

I switched screens back to the desktop but no mouse pointer and could not ALT CTL DEL out of it either. So i pressed the HOT BOOT button to reboot the system.

Windows 7/64 (6.1, Build 7601)
MB: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
CPU: I7 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPU's) oc - 3.8GHz
MEM: 6144 RAM
DX11
Nvidia GTX570
Monitor: ViewSonic VA2702w
Sound SoundMax Integrated HDAudio

Might have been your aircraft hitting the ground and crashing the game, will try it out.

RCAF_FB_Orville
10-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Pointless continuing with this beta update, my end. It has completely killed the sim and I have just had another 4 crashes in a row (in very innocuous circumstances.....IE the Luftwaffe 'Free Hunt' quick mission, I dived on the RAF planes and it just froze for no reason.) It's not even solely to do with explosions, this is a total abortion.

Ah well. Back to previous version for me. Good luck with sorting this out lads, but we can't help you or give feedback if we can't even play the blinking sim.

Specs: Core i7940
P6T Deluxe MB
GTX 580
6gb Corsair 'Dominator' DDR3 Ram 1600mhz
1200w Everest PSU
W7 64bit
Nvidia 285.38 drivers (same results with 285.27)

Cheers

Catseye
10-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Might have been your aircraft hitting the ground and crashing the game, will try it out.

Good point.
I heard the rumble as it hit behind me but I think I was still descending afterwards until I hit the ESC key.

Cheers

Qpassa
10-05-2011, 07:41 PM
The water is polluted , its green!
http://i.imgur.com/P3thv.jpg

TRIK
10-05-2011, 07:42 PM
think ill stick with the previous patch :) works better than this 1 by the sounds of things

Sven
10-05-2011, 07:53 PM
When switching between bomb sights ( Shift + F1 ) and normal view the game almost locks up and I have to wait 10 seconds to stabilize itself, it only appeared after a while switching between the views, other then that level bombing with a He111 works excellent!

Ailantd
10-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Stuka wheel brakes have now very soft sound, but are not working and not stopping my plane ( or I´m missing something ).

Ailantd
10-05-2011, 07:58 PM
inside bulb light in cockpits is stronger than sun light?

sorak
10-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Sorry but 3 Weeks for a bit of color changes. LOOOOL. More crashes, no prerformance increase. STILL no FSAA. NOTHING.
Shall i tell you something? I am really sorry but i as a customer am loosing interest in this game and am close to shelve it and play something else until maybe in some months something actually really happened.

I am no big fan of the FMs in Rise of flight but you folks should take an example from the ROF guys when it goes about speed of development and pace of patches. Thos guys are WAY faster than you folks and as far as i know are even the FAR smaller team.

BIG DISSAPOINTMENT!

Winger

So you will still come back after some months... Still a win for them.

PE_Tigar
10-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Hello,

Very strange bright colors (bright red, while) more often than before, and very low frame rates quite often.
I run a Nvidia GTX 260 car, Phenom & Win 7, high graphics.

Have you turned off the epilepsy filter?

AlarmedBread
10-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks to all you guys who checked this patch and saved me the time and hassle, much appreciated. 8-)

Pudfark
10-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks to all you guys who checked this patch and saved me the time and hassle, much appreciated. 8-)

Ditto...

15.Span_Valalo
10-05-2011, 08:12 PM
it's not a patch, it's a beta patch... this is all the difference.

ok it is a Beta patch, but this beta patch is a rubbish... sorry for the coment but now the game is unplayable for me and i am too pissed, now is 5 oct 2011Today has been recess to 1 April 20011...

Originally Posted by Winger:

BIG DISSAPOINTMENT!

Winger

+10000 to Winger

Kupsised
10-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Another confirm for the freezes on crashing. Doesn't happen when you go down in water though (even with a huge splash), so it's only actual explosions. Otherwise it's nice to have the .303's balanced so you can hear them again and the colours look great on the ground at least, but I'm not sure about the in-cockpit colours. They seem very saturated (I'm talking mainly about the 109 cockpit here, so it could be to do with the bright red lights) and I can't quite tell whether they're really really good or really bad.

On the up side though, load times are massively decreased.

slm
10-05-2011, 08:22 PM
I also get the explosion crash.

While flying a single mission I noticed there is still this map bug (large lighter area at sea level) which was there already in previous beta patch.

I noticed there was another similar light area in different part of the same map, but a bit smaller. I can't remember if it was in previous patch or is this a new problem.

WinXP SP3, 2Gb ram, ATI 9550 2GB - driver version 8.861.0.0 (24.5.2011).

Tree_UK
10-05-2011, 08:29 PM
So how many weeks are we going to have to wait this time for a fix for another broken patch?? :confused:

LoBiSoMeM
10-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Amazing!

Cache cleared... patch installed...

Launch quick mission over London. My Spitfire have a cool psicodelic effect! Great "rework" of graphics...

And as people said, try the "dive to death": game freezes...

Please, other beta tomorrow? This is a joke. My system:

Windows 7 x64
Phenom x4 965
8GB RAM DDR3
Audigy Zs
GTX 560Ti 1GB with last NVIDIA beta patch. Will try the last official patch...

Winger
10-05-2011, 08:37 PM
So you will still come back after some months... Still a win for them.

I like the game and really want it to become good. I just dont see it anymore slowly. This is just not getting better.... Sadly!

Winger

sorak
10-05-2011, 08:41 PM
So how many weeks are we going to have to wait this time for a fix for another broken patch?? :confused:

Come on now... 2 weeks

LoBiSoMeM
10-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Well, i fixed the "psicodelic effect"bug: this is caused by the "antiepilepsy filter" on... It's a good bug! LOL!

sorak
10-05-2011, 08:52 PM
ahahhaahah

I finally went to go look at my crash dump files for the first time and when going to the directory it is in threw the start menu it almost frooze the explorer.exe

Come to find out.. I have 1,338 dmp files in there. hahaha

Stranger part is.. 1,242 of them are from the date 9-11-11 all with 0 KB

Even stranger part is.. I know for a fact I didnt play the game on that day

Edit:
also ON THE Exact time of 7:24am

wtf

DUI
10-05-2011, 09:00 PM
After about 30 minutes of playing with the new patch, I experienced one launcher crash. In my crashfile directory there were also about 1.200 .dmp files -all from the minute of the crash and all with 0 byte. But this is nothing new for me. The same with the previous version.

All in all I have experienced no problems. I got crashes before and so far they seemed to have been reduced. The cockpit looks fine to me (I do not even realise a difference).

Still I got the issue that the gun sounds played endlessly. At least until my plane crashed.

Strike
10-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Well....

I run the latest BF3 beta drivers 285.38 and noticed the following:

For the first time all FSAA was gone.

Certain colours seem very saturated, like the brown, red and yellow ones.

Sometimes fire button "sticks" as if you have "toggled" to fire the guns. You have to fire again to cancel it. (Logitech G940, but I've heard others have this issue too).

Game crash when viewing aircraft crashing into ground. Freeze, ctrl alt del to recover to windows..

Windows 7 64bit

mazex
10-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Reposting a mail I sent to Ilya if anoyone gets the same... Have not included the two files I talk about but one is a hex-dump and the other a "half" -jpeg of a ME 109 with a Hungarian (or Italian?) tailplane in green/white/red...

Hi!

Reported the bug with the explosion before (that everyone seems to
get). Now I tried online and joined the Repka "Isles of Doom" server.
Took off in a Spitfire IIA (all was fine - love the new sounds - the
only problem was intermittent "lockups" every other minute), shot up
one ME 109 and a G50 and then chased another ME 109 that smoked badly
until the ammo was finito... Noticed two 109:s trailing me and went
for my home base zig zagging back. I then realized they where catching
up and turn hard for a couple of turns - lost one of them and was
getting into firing position of the other (him not knowing I was out
of ammo ;)). My session may have been 10-12 minutes old by this time
when the game just froze with the engine sound still on... Had to
"CTRL+ALT+DEL" to desktop and then kill the exe...

I then looked for a dmp-file but found no new... Decided that the
dumping process may be on some background thread and then 3-4 minutes
later a dump file appeared that I have enclosed... So - what more did
I notice of interest? In my cache folder I can find a number of
.dds-files and .jpg files. Both the .dds-files and the .jpg-files
contain what looks like crappy online skins. The interesting part is
that a number of them are empty, but the last one of them (sorting in
creation time) is from when I think the game crashed - and it looks
weird (half). I enclose that one to. And in the folder there is also a
.bmp-file called "picture.bmp" that seems to contain the same crappy
skin, but it's not "half" and has a size of 12 mb (will not fill your
mailbox with that - but its the same skin). When the game crashed I
was just catching up an ME 109 that may have had that skin for the
most detailed LOD-level? Just guessing.

So - may the intermittent "locking" every other minute be when I got
the other skins, and the crash when it tried to use the "half" skin
when I got close to that 109? I sure hope it did not download that
12Mb file from the server cause that could look up badly... Before I
cleaned my cache file in preparation for todays patch I found a 50Mb
bmp-file (!!!) with the same name (picture.bmp) that contained another
crappy skin with some naked chick. Obviously a user skin downloaded
from some server for an online battle.

It would be nice with a switch to disable "user skins" even if they
are not the cause for the online stuttering - but I have read many
others in previous patched that have complained over stuttering when
new users join multi player games...

My hardware and software:

CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5 Ghz
GPU: Asus GTX580 Direct CU II with the latest beta drivers 285.38
Mother Board: Asus P8P67 Pro
Memory: G-Skill 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
Disks: Intel X25-M G2 SSD (OS) + Raptor 150 (Steam/Games) + 1TB WD (Extra)
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-HX 750W
Sound card: Creative X-Fi Fatality Pro (PCI) with the latest 2.18.15 driver
TrackIR 4
Logitech G940 joystick

Good luck! /mazex at the 1C forums.

furbs
10-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Lower FPS, more sound bugs for me...no hurri MGs, 109E3 cannon "echo" effect, Colors are much worse(last beta was very nice).
Lots more stutters than last beta patch.

How long have we waited for this patch? 3-4 months?

Never thought i would say this...but im done with COD for a while. will check back in 3 months.

This is the wall i was talking about Blackdog.

Scavenger
10-05-2011, 09:21 PM
anybody try to set visual effects on minimum.
no hanging issues for me after that.

Raggz
10-05-2011, 09:24 PM
I understand the concerns but they WARNED that they where concerned about stability and performance. They needed help hunting down the bugs hence the beta.
Some of you should stop trying out beta's since you obviously can't handle it.

Now, i am just as impatient as the rest of the lot here but i won't whine or complain about ANYTHING before i get my hands on a final patch. Until then do the tests they ask for or stay away from beta tests.

mazex
10-05-2011, 09:27 PM
I understand the complains but they WARNED that they where concerned about stability and performance. They needed help hunting down the bugs hence the beta.

+1

FG28_Kodiak
10-05-2011, 09:37 PM

Helped me too!

zwiebacksaege
10-05-2011, 09:38 PM
maybe we should get money for working as beta testers as it seems to become the usual way to develop this game... yes I see progress but not in relation for the time we have to wait. :(

mazex
10-05-2011, 09:38 PM

Yes ,that works fine for me to - now I can crash my plane like I use to do without having to restart the game "the hard way" ;)

Ze-Jamz
10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
True, Just looks pony after that :/

Raggz
10-05-2011, 09:40 PM
maybe we should get money for working as beta testers as it seems to become the usual way to develop this game... yes I see progress but not in relation for the time we have to wait. :(

Whine when the final patch is out. You don't know if everything is in the beta.

Rowddy
10-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Ok i did 3 missions from the dunkirk campaign and i had just 1 crash so far. i have no freezes almost (before patch was unplayable due the freezes) and i must say colors aren't bad here aswell ( alitle bit more flat then before) but if that keeps the freezes away i'm more then happy with it.

S! Rowddy

Vengeanze
10-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Get the game lock too even after reinstalling the game. Effects=Low cures it like already stated.

I know this is a beta (of a beta) but with this betaII I've lost all confidence in the devs. I'd give alot of money to see their todo list two weeks ago and today to see what they have checked.
This game won't be playable for me for another 2-3 official patches.

But thanks for the wind sound when canopy is open (even though engine sound stays the same duh).

One questions to the devs and their chief developer (or whatever he calls himself): How come you didn't notice the explosion lock during inhouse testing when most if not all here has it???
I know I won't get an answer but had to get it off me. :-)

Have fun beta testing. See you a week after next official release.

VO101_Tom
10-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Reposting a mail I sent to Ilya if anoyone gets the same... Have not included the two files I talk about but one is a hex-dump and the other a "half" -jpeg of a ME 109 with a Hungarian (or Italian?) tailplane in green/white/red...
When the game crashed I
was just catching up an ME 109 that may have had that skin for the
most detailed LOD-level? Just guessing.

Hi.
On Repka server we (Hungarians) are using the red-white-green tricolor tail paint. Each Skin JPG is 2048x2048 px, about 1.5 MB. I do not think this size would cause any video card problem (which the game runs well otherwise).

While the visual effects were not turned "low", it was freezing only when a aircraft exploded on the ground. I think it is a coincidence that you looked a custom skinned aircraft at that moment.

Zaltor
10-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Any explosion causes the game not to respond, bombs, selfcrash etc, performance seems same as last patch however I get decreased performance in the london flight. visuals are crisper. hopefully they release hotfix for exlosions.

It would seem lowering visual effects to low stop the lock ups.

sorak
10-05-2011, 10:10 PM
I understand the concerns but they WARNED that they where concerned about stability and performance. They needed help hunting down the bugs hence the beta.

Now, i am just as impatient as the rest of the lot here but i won't whine or complain about ANYTHING before i get my hands on a final patch. Until then do the tests they ask for or stay away from beta tests.

the current final patch now the sound doesnt even work for multi player

Attila
10-05-2011, 10:30 PM
This patch is a piece of s...t!!!!
I´ve spent a lot of money to upgrade my PC and i was in a good hope that we get the new patch and this game will run!
And what have we got?! A damned bugfestival!

PS: Before this Betabetazetapatch i was a kind of fanboy, but now the time is come that i take this game and maybe i will throw it out of my window!

PPS: Sorry for my bad english, but i think you know what i mean!!!:evil:

EZ1
10-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Game freezes whenever there is an explosion. Sound continues and I have to end-process from task manager to get out. No dump produced.

Game settings are highest, except Landscape shading is medium, Anti-ep. is off, SSAO is off, vsync is on, Grass is off.

System specs in signature.

Except for the freeze the game seems a bit smoother.

VO101_Tom
10-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Game freezes whenever there is an explosion. Sound continues and I have to end-process from task manager to get out. No dump produced.

Game settings are highest, except Landscape shading is medium, Anti-ep. is off, SSAO is off, vsync is on, Grass is off.

System specs in signature.

Except for the freeze the game seems a bit smoother.

Set the visual effects to low. I know, its a betaII, but i hope, the devs release hotfix soon, because the game much less playable with low effects (most annoying deficiency, that we can't see any bullet impacts)...

Pudfark
10-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Get the game lock too even after reinstalling the game. Effects=Low cures it like already stated.

I know this is a beta (of a beta) but with this betaII I've lost all confidence in the devs. I'd give alot of money to see their todo list two weeks ago and today to see what they have checked.
This game won't be playable for me for another 2-3 official patches.

But thanks for the wind sound when canopy is open (even though engine sound stays the same duh).

One questions to the devs and their chief developer (or whatever he calls himself): How come you didn't notice the explosion lock during inhouse testing when most if not all here has it???
I know I won't get an answer but had to get it off me. :-)

Have fun beta testing. See you a week after next official release.

Here is what I said over at the zoo...

"Sometimes?
The "bottom line"?
Is a "skid mark"...
Much like this beta patch is a?
Fix...

Another beta patch like this one today?
1C will be on the morphine drip....
Why?
They knew precisely what they released.
They knew it didn't work."

Richie
10-05-2011, 11:00 PM
I don't think I'm installing this patch :(

Pudfark
10-05-2011, 11:01 PM
English please?

Actually it's in russian and located under the skid mark...

Hunden
10-05-2011, 11:06 PM
This patch is a piece of s...t!!!!
I´ve spent a lot of money to upgrade my PC and i was in a good hope that we get the new patch and this game will run!
And what have we got?! A damned bugfestival!

PS: Before this Betabetazetapatch i was a kind of fanboy, but now the time is come that i take this game and maybe i will throw it out of my window!

PPS: Sorry for my bad english, but i think you know what i mean!!!:evil:

LMAO What a drama Queen......everybody who is so upset with this situation needs to find another hobby.....oh I dont know...like CHECKERS. Keep it coming tho you guys are cracking me up.

Hunden
10-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Lower FPS, more sound bugs for me...no hurri MGs, 109E3 cannon "echo" effect, Colors are much worse(last beta was very nice).
Lots more stutters than last beta patch.

How long have we waited for this patch? 3-4 months?

Never thought i would say this...but im done with COD for a while. will check back in 3 months.

This is the wall i was talking about Blackdog.

Yea right, your not going anywhere just like the rest of us. Your addicted just like a hooker on crack...........You'll be back.

JG53Frankyboy
10-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Hi.
On Repka server we (Hungarians) are using the red-white-green tricolor tail paint. Each Skin JPG is 2048x2048 px, about 1.5 MB. .......................

seriously ??
my online skins are around 150kb :D

AARPRazorbacks
10-05-2011, 11:58 PM
I do not understand this Beta patch.

The Beta patch before this one was great. This beta patch is---------- well lets just say not at all what we where needing.

Putting back in the last beta patch.

You ask, but what problems are you having.

The same as everyone else.

I like this sim but this was over the top.IMO

flyer01

MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P.
CPU-Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz.
Ram 4GB.
PSU-(Duel power supply.
500 and 550 watt on the GPU.
550 watt on MOBO and SSD.
500 watt on HDD and CD/DVD player)
GPU-Video card GTX 470 1280 MB GDDR5.
Internal SSD- Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
Internal HDD-Seagate Barracuda SATA2 1TB/TO 32MB 7200RPM.
External HDD-Seagate USB2.00 500 GB 7200RPM.
OS-(Duel partition on Internal HDD.
Windows XP Pro 32bit.
Windows 7 PRO 64 bit.)

ATAG_Dutch
10-06-2011, 12:03 AM

Yeah right, so we play the game with no smoke, no explosions, and no gun flashes and we're supposed to be grateful?

This is a war sim mate, not FSX.

How can they possibly have not noticed this before even releasing the 'Beta' patch?

Richie
10-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Not a bug report Luthier but if you want this sound to be as realistic as possible the wind must be much much louder especially in dives and open canopy flight. In dives the wind sound takes over the sound of the engine in 109s in volume probably Spitfires too. In flight open canopy wind should howl hardly any engine sound at all. Stick your head out of your car going 100 mph and see what it sounds like.

LoBiSoMeM
10-06-2011, 12:18 AM
I try to test some things, but what i found is that we have MAJOR bug regards effects (explosions), with lock ups, and that the terrain visuals are much better, and external vision of aircrafts too.

This new beta is too much unstable to further testing. Try a hotfix for explosions related crashes, at least.

ACE-OF-ACES
10-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Yeah right, so we play the game with no smoke, no explosions, and no gun flashes and we're supposed to be grateful?

This is a war sim mate, not FSX.

How can they possibly have not noticed this before even releasing the 'Beta' patch?
Last time I checked.. minimum did NOT equal none

LoBiSoMeM
10-06-2011, 01:11 AM

"Minimum" in CloD effects is "LOW", and it's really close to "none". :(

ATAG_Dutch
10-06-2011, 01:20 AM

Try it again my friend.

VO101_Tom
10-06-2011, 01:25 AM

What are you talking about? Each effect, with light, flame or smoke is disappeared at low settings. Not completely irrelevant to what is called? :confused:

ACE-OF-ACES
10-06-2011, 01:36 AM
What are you talking about? Each effect, with light, flame or smoke is disappeared at low settings. Not completely irrelevant to what is called? :confused:
Note I didn't say 'low', I said 'minimul', where as the in-game setting is actully called 'medium'

Sorry that little type-o confused you guys so much!

ACE-OF-ACES
10-06-2011, 01:41 AM
"Minimum" in CloD effects is "LOW", and it's really close to "none". :(
And in a game of horse shoes that might mean something! ;)

While we are on the subject.. it is amazing to me all the folks whining about this.. Turn it down to medium.. if it crashes turn it down to low.. And before they come here and whine about it.. they should take pause and note the title of the patch has the word 'BETA' in it.. At which point it would be a good idea to put out the fire on the torches and call off the march to Luithers house!

All in all if you don't like 'beta testing' than don't dl the 'beta patch'! I really is that simple!

ATAG_Dutch
10-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Note I didn't say 'low', I said 'minimul', where as the in-game setting is actully called 'medium'

Stop being such a smug person ace.

Low settings in game mean 'off'.

There are three settings for effects. Low, Medium and High.

The game freezes on both medium and high settings.

It's only on Low settings that freezes are prevented.

On low, there are no explosions, smoke or gun flashes.

Minimium and Low are the same thing here.

Do you actually have the game with this patch installed?

I think not.

VO101_Tom
10-06-2011, 01:47 AM
The graphic part basically like, but have a problem with it. This is not a bug, but a bad decision: the metal parts of the aircraft does not seems metal. Not glossy, like a piece of paper. In such a sunny day is should be much stronger edge-lights and reflections. It is very visible difference when you compare with a photograph (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russell-Group/Messerschmitt-Bf-109E-4/0903572/L/&sid=4b06926f1b77ec8c9e1dd246e1290283).

ACE-OF-ACES
10-06-2011, 01:49 AM
Stop being such a smug person ace.
smug? So let me see if I understand you correctly.. It is my fault that you equated the word minimul with low instead of the ingame setting called medium?

Low settings in game mean 'off'.
Most would agree with that but not all.. As Lo pointed out, it is close to off but not off.

There are three settings for effects. Low, Medium and High.

The game freezes on both medium and high settings.

It's only on Low settings that freezes are prevented.

On low, there are no explosions, smoke or gun flashes.

Minimium and Low are the same thing here.

Do you actually have the game with this patch installed?

I think not.
Think again!

And while your thinking.. look up the word 'beta' and get back to me.. Long story short this problem can be soved by the high strung types not partispating in beta testings.. Which means they should avoid dl beta patchs.. It really is that simple.

ATAG_Dutch
10-06-2011, 01:54 AM
smug? So let me see if I understand you correctly.. It is my fault that you equated the word minimul with low instead of the ingame setting called medium?

Most would agree with that but not all.. As Lo pointed out, it is close to off but not off.

Think again!

And while your thinking.. look up the word 'beta' and get back to me.. Long story short this problem can be soved by the high strung types not partispating in beta testings.. Which means they should avoid dl beta patchs.. It really is that simple.

You obviously don't realise how daft that post makes you look.

ACE-OF-ACES
10-06-2011, 01:56 AM
You obviously don't realise how daft that post makes you look.
Maybe to the high strung types it does

VO101_Tom
10-06-2011, 02:01 AM

Now you really explain it that the "minimum" value is actually higher than the "low"? :shock: But... the minimum means... ehh, nevermind, don't answer :-|

ATAG_Dutch
10-06-2011, 02:03 AM
Maybe to the high strung types it does

Well you look up the dictionary definitions of 'minimum' and 'medium' and then get get back to me.

TheGreekGR
10-06-2011, 02:07 AM
1st. Oil and water rads not controllable in the E4 and E4b !!
2nd. The game crash if you got efect to MEDIUM or more, you can play only to LOW

I just play 2 hours, if i found something more i will tell you!!

VO101_Tom
10-06-2011, 02:12 AM

Turn off the automation, then will be ok.

moxy
10-06-2011, 02:16 AM
~S~

All lighting objects no longer function on my self written missions.
IE runway lights, signal lights, etc. (haven't tried to re write yet).

Crash/explosion freeze.

On the good side, 110 dive speed, and more audio

Moxy

Q6600 OC 4gz, 5770, 8g ram, win 7, cat 11.9

VO101_Tom
10-06-2011, 02:30 AM
seriously ??
my online skins are around 150kb :D

How? :)
I know the "Save for Web and Devices" menu in PS, but is causes quality degradation. I can only save such a small size, if the jpeg quality is only 40%... Maybe worth a try. From a distance might not be seen.

1PL_Lucas
10-06-2011, 02:38 AM
One thing about the terrain:

If you guys are introducing new ground textures, please change also the color of the "low res" ground textures which are being displayed "outside" of the "hi res" textures with all the detail and bump maps. Now it just looks bad - to have a dark green terrain under the plane and bright textures from the original game around them.

Lucas

NedLynch
10-06-2011, 03:20 AM
2nd. The game crash if you got efect to MEDIUM or more, you can play only to LOW

I just play 2 hours, if i found something more i will tell you!!

Confirm the crash bug, explosion on ground and at times in mid air. Turning effects off/low solves it. Needs fixing asap, since a visual feedback of if and how you are hitting the enemy and if and what liquids he is streaming is rather important.

Oil and water radiator automation default toggle key is "R".
Prop pitch automation key needs to be mapped by the player, but once mapped it works. That is a good thing.

One very surprising and to me rather important thing I just experienced is the following:
As flight leader (been trying TEF DC) I normally, and this is in the instructions by TEF as well, had to take off in autopilot for the flight to recognize me and form up on me.
After this patch I thought I'd give it a try and take off manually and what do you know....the flight did not follow the waypoints automatically but formed up on me. This is a big step in the right direction :grin:.

I do like the new landscape a lot, cockpit was better imo with the previous beta patch, sounds are generally better, german radio sounds better to me while at the same time the british radio is even more garbled.

Without effects/ low effects I did not notice a change in fps, with effects to medium (while the game didn't crash) I noticed a hughe performance hit as I for example was looking at an enemy bomber streaming all kinds of liquids while going down.
But since this is another beta you can be sure the effects issue will be resolved, it will certainly not remain like this.

All in all for me a good step in the right direction.

Devs, drop support for xp, microsoft did a long time ago, this seems to be causing you problems that are otherwise avoidable and if someone says you have to keep xp support because it says so on the box, keep in mind that manufacturers change their products without notice as they deem necessary all the time and have the right to do so if they see it as a needed step to improve their product.

jamesdietz
10-06-2011, 04:14 AM
[QUOTE=Warhound;344459]Game locked up while flying quick mission "German Attack - Bridge"
Happened while doing a low level looping over Ramsgate in 3rd personview as the buildings occupied the whole screen (flying spit IIa).
No crashlog was generated as I had to ctrl-alt-del out and force the .exe to close, mouse stopped working even in windows so had to use the keyboard.
Not had this happen for months so fear it's related to this beta.
Running ATI catalyst 11.5, HW specs in sig

Ditto!

Tiger27
10-06-2011, 04:58 AM

You didn't get a broken patch you got a beta patch, if they didn't think there were bugs they would have released it as a production patch and everyone would have no choice but to use it, you can turn down effects to low, then if you feel like it you can continue testing the beta patch, if not you can always wind it back... Oh I'm guessing two :-P

NedLynch
10-06-2011, 05:06 AM
The flight following the leader only seems to work in an escort mission, in a "normal" mission it's still auto pilot take off.

sorak
10-06-2011, 05:50 AM
The graphic part basically like, but have a problem with it. This is not a bug, but a bad decision: the metal parts of the aircraft does not seems metal. Not glossy, like a piece of paper. In such a sunny day is should be much stronger edge-lights and reflections. It is very visible difference when you compare with a photograph (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russell-Group/Messerschmitt-Bf-109E-4/0903572/L/&sid=4b06926f1b77ec8c9e1dd246e1290283).

Also the grass leaves shouldnt bend so much pass 76 degrees angle.. Unless rolled over or stepped on. In photo graphs grass is fluid and grass like.

sorak
10-06-2011, 05:52 AM
Has anyone noticed that you can now see the pilot move with the physic forces of your plane when you view it from external views? Or did this allways happen?

David198502
10-06-2011, 06:17 AM
ok took a second look at the betabeta patch....
in comparison to the last beta patch:
colours:
-the colours of the landscape did not improve
-the colours of the cockpit are worse
-the colour of the sea was better in previous beta

performance:
well i expected that we could see the faster rendering luthier mentioned with the new graphix engine.....on my rig its a big step backwards.
its not smooth at all anymore, at the settings i use to fly where i have normally 50-60fps over land.i dare to say not really playable.i didnt even measure fps with this patch as its apparent enough that its way worse than before.:evil:

ppitch of the E4:
well its good that one can sitch between automatic and manual pp.
-but the manual pp doesnt work like before.its much slower....it takes approximately 8-10 seconds for a whole circle on the gauge.so its again pretty useless:evil:
-besides it doesnt stop in-/decreasing when you stop hitting the button.it just keeps changing for some seconds until it comes to a stop:evil:

crosshair of the E4(and maybe other planes):
-its barely visible anymore when flying at sunny hours

landscape:
-suddenly i have no buildings anymore, with buildings amount on high
-strange shorelines appear in rivers

this beta is really a dissapointment.i know its a betabeta, but i was expecting an improvement to the beta and maybe some positive surprises.
(something like the sunlit borders of clouds luthier claimed to be ready two patches ago?)i was also expecting at least a slight increase in performance, as this new gfx system is supposed to be faster!?
i was expecting that the really good steps made with the beta would remain and that some other stuff would have beeing tweaked in the right direction.
instead everything went worse...
i go back to the beta patch and really hope that they are capable of improving the engine and the game, but this is like a bad joke

DrDom
10-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Freezes here too. No crash dump file created. Happened like 6 times in a row offline. Tried online too, after two freezes I called it a day.

Performancewise feels pretty much the same as the earlier beta.

System Specs: MacBook Pro 2011, Win 7 64 bit, i7, 8 Gb RAM, AMD 6750m

senseispcc
10-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Two craches ;
one normal is when I tried to put a "Overcast with breaks" weather in a mission
the second when I did run the "Black death" track and this is more dangerous...

W32Blaster
10-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Sorry looking at this desaster, even being a beta- beta patch, no other thing comes into my mind....
http://www.allmystery.de/dateien/uh43048,1234458937,simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

adonys
10-06-2011, 08:14 AM
I've cleared game's cache before applying the patch and removed the old v1.03.15527 beta patch.

v1.04.15866 beta patch bugs:

- Radio Comm still badly broken
- AI ignoring player as part of their squad bug still present
- player wrong aircraft numbering bug still present

- explosion crashes (not happens anymore if effects are set on Low) (FIXED in the new 15866 core patch)
- terrain colors worse than the 15527 (greens and yellows seems to be too bright atm). haze effect is better in the 15866 though (heavier on distant terrain, and not so noticeable on the closer one, or at low altitude)
- in-cockpit colors are too saturated atm
- ground objects have a too small display range (I couldn't see the british radar towers while flying right above them at 4k altitude, nor some big ships again flying right above them at same 4k alt.. they only appeared after diving towards them for a while)
- missing terrain patches still present (see attached screenshot)
- BF109E3, BF109E4b (and probably all Bf109s) start with both radiators on automatic (which is wrong ,as they haven't that feature)
- BF109E3 wounded effect problems (see attached screenshot)
- Ju67B double shadow of the dive indicator on the board panel (see attached screenshot)

Trooper117
10-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Has anyone noticed that you can now see the pilot move with the physic forces of your plane when you view it from external views? Or did this allways happen?

Always happenned mate, even with the original game.. :grin:

Rowddy
10-06-2011, 08:32 AM
After reading all reports i'm puzzeled! In most cases i'm just the opposite of you all. i have all settings on the highest with the exception off these...
-Anti-Aliasing=0
-Anti- Epilepsy Filter=0
-SSAO=0
-VSYNC=0
My screen is set on 1920x 1080.
All the other settings are on MAX like i said before.

i have almost no stutters and Freezes, detailed towns, now i can see explosions in the air (AAA) and on the ground (bombs). All and all smooth flying even over land and cities. Before this Patch it was unflyable for me on theses settings.
So i'm happy :) colors ain't to bad either tbh only thing i noticed is that voices from other pilots are very loud compared to other sounds in the game.

S!

PE_Tigar
10-06-2011, 08:56 AM
My short observations based on Black Death track:

-Effects on medium and high cause crashes, effects on low don't show (no explosions show)

- AA still not working at all

- AAA gunners still sitting on the ground below their seats

- shadows still flickering

- the rest looks better

- couldn't activate FPS counter - shift+TAB doesn't work anymore - but it looked smoother (running everything on high, except for effects - on low).

Mossman
10-06-2011, 09:26 AM
luthier edited the beta2 sticky to include a hotfix for the explosion crash problem. i havent tried the hotfix yet but i hope all of the end of the world posts end now.

Vengeanze
10-06-2011, 10:37 AM
luthier edited the beta2 sticky to include a hotfix for the explosion crash problem. i havent tried the hotfix yet but i hope all of the end of the world posts end now.

I suggest mods clean this report thread from explosion crash related posts for better overview.

GF_Mastiff
10-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Steam in game chat crashes the game; i.e not responding, had to alt+tab no DMP file.

zwiebacksaege
10-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Whine when the final patch is out. You don't know if everything is in the beta.

I'm actually not whining about the beta patch but about the whole situation here... we all have paid for this sim... but the whole forum looks like a linux development thread. If the game was for free it would be fun to develop it all together just like open source.

David198502
10-06-2011, 12:41 PM
prop pitch of the E4 behaves strangely.
the first few minutes it works like it used to when set to manual.
but after a while, the speed you can in or decrease the pitch is way slower!and it keeps changing the pitch even if you already stopped pushing the relevant button for a few more seconds.
i tested it with all variants of the bf109s and only the E4 is affected.
this behaviour occurs after 2 to 3minutes of playing in my case.

Vengeanze
10-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm actually not whining about the beta patch but about the whole situation here... we all have paid for this sim... but the whole forum looks like a linux development thread.
roflmao. Spot on!

I just might put that in my sig.

raaaid
10-06-2011, 12:47 PM
outside view seem not to work well, at least on ground

it also crashed my pc

Buchon
10-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Using no head tracking of any kind I ran into this issue :

The cockpit view intermittently goes to the seat and return back to the front.

Then had a crash and report, here is the crash report and conf.ini :

[BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0
AntiEpilepsy=0

[window]
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0
width=1920
height=1200
posLeft=0
posTop=0
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1
Frequency=60
StereoMode=0

[NET]
speed=100000
localPort=27015
serverName=My Server
serverDescription=IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
serverInfo1=
serverInfo2=
serverInfo3=
serverInfo4=
VAC=1
maxPlayers=16
socksEnable=0
socksHost=
socksPort=1080
socksUser=
socksPwd=

[Console]
IP=20001
UseStartLog=1
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
PAGE=20
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOGFILE=log.txt
LOGKEEP=0

[rts]
tickLen=30
;ProcessAffinityMask=2
maxTimerTicksInRealTick=20
; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
mouseUse=2
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
joyUse=1
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
culture=en-GB

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0
SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
FF=1

[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
Shadows=1
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
LandShading=2
LandDetails=2
Sky=3
Forest=4
VisibilityDistance=3
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=2
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=3
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
ShadowMapSize=5
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=2
EffFlags.SWLight=0
TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=0
MeshStatics=3
MeshStaticsDetail=1
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0
TexFlags.SSAO=0
TexFlags.VSync=0
TexFlags.FastTransparency=1

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=1
vgMaster=7
vgVoice=7
vgMusic=7

ATI 11.9

Tigertooo
10-06-2011, 01:23 PM
-Steam: checked cache integrety
-deleted all files in cache folder
-deleted all files from "shaders" folder
-all settings to medium,1920x1200
-no AA,SSAO nor Vsync

I guess i am now in the last official patch.

Flew quick mission over Kent, in one Hurri: FPS 33 avarage

Patched to 15866, installed Hotfix

Flew same mission with same settings: FPS 18 avarage ! ! ! ! !

i7 quadcore 965 @ 3.20 Ghz
Nvidia GTX 295
6 gig DDR3 RAM
Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Becoming afraid my FPS will go under 10 with next patch

bw_wolverine
10-06-2011, 01:33 PM
-no AA,SSAO nor Vsync

Nvidia GTX 295
6 gig DDR3 RAM

You need to clear the cache after you apply patch, not before.

ATAG_knuckles
10-06-2011, 01:36 PM

is this the same as "defragment cache files

where is the "shaders" file

Denis

Tigertooo
10-06-2011, 01:41 PM
You need to clear the cache after you apply patch, not before.

did this again some minutes ago
same mission, same settings,empty cach folder,empty Shaders folder: avarage FPS: 17

louisv
10-06-2011, 01:53 PM
OK, love the new patch (+ patchpatch), cockpit is high contrast by I like it, love the terrain colors and the new Spit sound too.

There are 5 or 6 naysayers on this forum that need to have their head examined, hooting and hollering for a new patch and when it comes, hooting and hollering some more. Like a constant sucker punch. And no positive feedback ever, just the negative and almost always laid on too thick.

But everybody else is pretty cool...even if they criticize. The problem is not reporting bugs or adjustments, its HOW you report the bugs.

The explosion bug: with the patchpatch instead of crashing on the explosion, the sound cuts. Memory management issues I believe.

On its first year DCS A10C is a solid sim now. On its first year, COD will be awesome.

bw_wolverine
10-06-2011, 02:00 PM
did this again some minutes ago
same mission, same settings,empty cach folder,empty Shaders folder: avarage FPS: 17

*shrug* not too sure then. Be sure to double check the 'anti-epilepsy' filter both in the in-game video settings and in the conf.ini file to make sure that it is indeed off.

Also, try the mission, shut the game down, then try again. The cache folders are empty, but they fill up again with the cache files once you start playing again. Cache files are good things, you just need the right ones. I would leave the most recent patch on for a while. Continue testing. If nothing else, you may get some good info to report to the devs.

thedave
10-06-2011, 02:14 PM
I now have a serious "LSD-Trip". Very, very colorfull cockpit. I have a ATI 5870 card

Sven
10-06-2011, 02:19 PM
I heard your Anti-epilepsy Filter might have turned itself on, switch it off again in the controls, or force it through the conf.ini

Also, redding out still creates these black areas around dials and gauges, looks weird.

louisv
10-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Same weird redding out here. And serious stuttering flying through smoke, did not notice it prior to 866.

GF_Mastiff
10-06-2011, 03:14 PM
some sorte of memory issues I get over 1.4gb and the launcher stops responding.

skouras
10-06-2011, 03:33 PM
I now have a serious "LSD-Trip". Very, very colorfull cockpit. I have a ATI 5870 card

hahahahahahahahaha
second to that
also when you bailing out the sound of your plane continues
the PP of the 109 E4 in manual is a mess also your rads doesn't move untill you press R----the temperatures doesn't exist
hit in performance when you enter clouds
AA doesn't work and never will
very colorfull cockpit with high contrast
some planes still roll like F16 sometimes
Radio doesn't works
when you hit F2 in some points the glass of the canopy is not visible like it doesn't exist
the smokes of the planes is thiner now when hit the ground or hit the engine
less stutters when you fly close to terrain [almost noticeable]
good progress of the sound--this guy deserve a medal --[still some tweaking to the sounds of the MG of Brits]
excellent colour of the landscape and sky lightning and water

jamesdietz
10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
As mentioned earlier I had complete freezes in certain missions with the newest beta, so I reinsatlled the last one & have no problems in this area...not sure what I'm missing ,but at least it isn't freezes ups...

gelbevierzehn
10-06-2011, 04:05 PM
good progress of the sound--this guy deserve a medal --

+1 !!

Richie
10-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Well I had to install this because the servers have it now. Mr. Freeze. Works fine for two minutes then freezes. That seems to be the usual way things go.

Bobb4
10-06-2011, 05:19 PM
ATI blue lines are back, WTF. Seriously some fix. Previous beta was fine!

LoBiSoMeM
10-06-2011, 05:25 PM

Turn anti-epilepsy filter OFF. When you delete conf.ini the rebuild default one set this to ON.

You won't see "LSD-Trip" anymore and will have a boost in performance.

albx
10-06-2011, 05:41 PM
ATI blue lines are back, WTF. Seriously some fix. Previous beta was fine!

it's not the ATI, it's common to every card

JG52Krupi
10-06-2011, 05:44 PM
it's not the ATI, it's common to every card

Wrong, only some ATI and mainly 6XXX, from what i have heard.

Ribbs67
10-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Also dont forget to check your "processaffinitymask"...I noticed that mine had changed back to default after one of the patches..it had reverted back to default.

352ndRibbs

David198502
10-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Also dont forget to check your "processaffinitymask"...I noticed that mine had changed back to default after one of the patches..it had reverted back to default.

352ndRibbs

could u please show your conf.ini file!
cause in my conf.ini file there doesnt exist the processafinitymask section anymore.its gone 2 or 3 patches ago.

David198502
10-06-2011, 06:35 PM
dont know if its helpful...
but after i read about the hotfix today, i changed the stereomode in my conf.ini file to 0.after that the buildings appeared again.but i just changed my video settings and turned landshading from low to med, textures from med to high, and shadows from off to on.after the game asked me to restart it to make the new settings work, all the buildings were gone again and a strange value in the conf.ini file appeared regarding stereomode.

skouras
10-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Juice
relax mate..

Ze-Jamz
10-06-2011, 06:42 PM
lol..oh dear

vicinity
10-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Is anyone else having trouble loading their control options with this beta? It just won't do it for me and I don't want to have to set it all up again manually.

Tigertooo
10-06-2011, 07:21 PM
*shrug* not too sure then. Be sure to double check the 'anti-epilepsy' filter both in the in-game video settings and in the conf.ini file to make sure that it is indeed off.

Also, try the mission, shut the game down, then try again. The cache folders are empty, but they fill up again with the cache files once you start playing again. Cache files are good things, you just need the right ones. I would leave the most recent patch on for a while. Continue testing. If nothing else, you may get some good info to report to the devs.

For the benefit of the community, i started all over:
-checked anti epilepsy off in game and in the conf.file
-opened Steam and checked:"check integrity of game cache"
-now i'm back to the latest "official" patch
-same mission,same settings, checked fps the moment mission starts: 33 fps
-removed cache files and shader files
-same mission,same settings: 37 fps
-applied patch and Hotfix
-same mission same settings: 18 fps
-removed cahe files and shader files
All fps are "average" at the beginning of the mission

Don't see what i can do more, and this is only about fps...didn't test anything else

PS: this is my original post on this matter:
-no AA,SSAO nor Vsync

Nvidia GTX 295
6 gig DDR3 RAM

Obviously,the new patch costs me at least 15 fps on my system ( not the highest end PC but as told not the lower end PC eighter) , and the test is carried out in a objective, standardised way: same settings and same mission every time. Pitty

150GCT_Veltro
10-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Testing Full Screen "Pseudo" instead of "On". It seems to be quite better, at least for micro freeze problem.

Red Dragon-DK
10-06-2011, 07:48 PM
After installing the new patch my Sim will not launch. Nothing happens at all.

Drivers Nvidia 280.26

Edit: Got it fixed now.

bw_wolverine
10-06-2011, 08:19 PM

After you installed patch, did you open the conf.ini file and check the anti-epilepsy line to make sure it's turned off? Some people are reporting that the default configuation that gets applied with the patch is to turn it on, regardless of your setting before applying it (I think).

I believe the conf.ini file is in your 1c Softclub folder inside your My Games folder. (someone could correct me on that if I'm wrong please - I'm at work so can't verify).

Tigertooo
10-06-2011, 08:22 PM
After you installed patch, did you open the conf.ini file and check the anti-epilepsy line to make sure it's turned off? Some people are reporting that the default configuation that gets applied with the patch is to turn it on, regardless of your setting before applying it (I think).

I believe the conf.ini file is in your 1c Softclub folder inside your My Games folder. (someone could correct me on that if I'm wrong please - I'm at work so can't verify).
conf file:
[BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0

bw_wolverine
10-06-2011, 08:26 PM
conf file:
[BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0

Huh! Well, I dunno. Maybe keep the patch on for a little bit longer, run a few more flights and record the lower FPS and then send the devs a report regarding it. That's a significant drop. Y'never know. If you test and document thoroughly and provide the data it might help to fix it. You might have the machine that unlocks the problem :P

I'd also check your video card driver version and let them know that as well.

Tigertooo
10-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Huh! Well, I dunno. Maybe keep the patch on for a little bit longer, run a few more flights and record the lower FPS and then send the devs a report regarding it. That's a significant drop. Y'never know. If you test and document thoroughly and provide the data it might help to fix it. You might have the machine that unlocks the problem :P

I'd also check your video card driver version and let them know that as well.
Drivers are latest official Nvidia ones
What do you suggest to report more to the devs exactly than what i have posted so far?

zwiebacksaege
10-06-2011, 09:13 PM
can confirm that hotfix removes the game-crashes from explosions.
but the colors look like a broken monitor... :(

Rowddy
10-06-2011, 09:13 PM
i did many missions from various offline campaigns and it runs smooth with no stutters and no crashes txs too the fix for the latest patch.

Txs very much now it is fun to fly again.

S!

EZ1
10-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I am still getting the total freeze up after the hot fix. I even tried lowering the effects setting to medium--no better.

I am running the NVidia 285.38 beta drivers.

jayrc
10-06-2011, 10:42 PM
fps drop with new patch, only inside view. outside view is the same as before. I tried lowering settings and made sure epilepsy filter is off, also cleared cache but nothing helps:(

sounds and graphics are great:grin:

edit: changed stereomode to 0, working great, fps back to normal, very happy it's weird for sure, I made some changes to my video settings and it changed back to 3594916 or something like that, thanks Luthier, should have listened to your advice in the first place

driver version 275.33

Sokol1
10-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Spitfire gunsight adjust no more correspond to fighters wingspan:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/764/spitg.jpg

Adjust to 32 feet = Bf109 wingspan, notice the small space in horizontal bars.

Edit. Realize that now I need to adjust convergence distance too. :)

Sokol1

skarden
10-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Well after the hot fix I'm finding this beta to be very good,I'm getting good smooth FPS in most situations,the exception being flying though a large amount of clouds which drops me down about 10-15 FPS.
I really like the new colours and lighting,really well done imho,same for the new gun sight too,very clean I like it a lot.

I'm using the new BF3 beta diver 285.38 seem to be working quiet well for me.

One thing I have noticed though is that a lot of my external sounds are not right,almost like their very distant or not even there,it only appears to be for my plane as I can styill hear the other planes cruising about

=FI=Scott
10-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Ran the new beta three times when it came out.

CTD on each occasion. Had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and force prog. close so no crash dump to post. In cockpit fps reduced over land. Game unplayable.

i5 2500
GTX570 on latest WHQL drivers
16GB DDR3 1333
500Gb Hybrid HD

Sorry Chaps, this one is a sick pup.

Phazon
10-07-2011, 05:44 AM
Ran the new beta three times when it came out.

CTD on each occasion. Had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and force prog. close so no crash dump to post. In cockpit fps reduced over land. Game unplayable.

i5 2500
GTX570 on latest WHQL drivers
16GB DDR3 1333
500Gb Hybrid HD

Sorry Chaps, this one is a sick pup.

Did you apply the hotfix? There was a bug where the game would hard lock whenever an explosion or plane crash occured but the hotfix corrects that.

Richie
10-07-2011, 06:41 AM
Tried again but used the hotfix this time and things seem to work. No freezes.

Untamo
10-07-2011, 07:06 AM
S!

Patch fixed:
- Bf 110 no more does the "rodeo" !! Thanks for that!

New/persisting bugs:
- Horizon lines were gone in some version (can't confirm this), now they seem to be back.
- 109 E4 has automatic (or always fully open) radiator... Automatic radiator was first introduced in the F series.
- E4 auto prop pitch sometimes jams to some pitch, have to put it on manual and back to auto to unfreeze it. Can't control the prop pitch manually (when on manual).

Graphics options:
2560x1600x60Hz, all on Medium, forests and such On, Vsync On, Anti-Epilepsy Off. Acceptable performance. Not totally smooth, but we are getting closer :)

Rowddy
10-07-2011, 07:32 AM
I am still getting the total freeze up after the hot fix. I even tried lowering the effects setting to medium--no better.

I am running the NVidia 285.38 beta drivers.

Weird i'm running the same driver :confused:

machoo
10-07-2011, 07:47 AM
I had that 'Anti epilepsy ' feature turned on by mistake. Apart from the crazy ghosting that it seems to make on screen I also got very funky graphics , see picture. With this turned off all is normal again with good fps.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9739/2011100700001z.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/2011100700001z.jpg/)

Tigertooo
10-07-2011, 08:04 AM
new test,same mission,same ingame settings: as Jayrc suggested i went to config and saw "stereomode=3988180"
I changed that to 0 (zero) and post patch fps 18 changed to fps 30.
So this is an improvement for me
Thnx Jayrc

For the benefit of the community, i started all over:

Don't see what i can do more, and this is only about fps...didn't test anything else

PS: this is my original post on this matter:
-no AA,SSAO nor Vsync

Nvidia GTX 295
6 gig DDR3 RAM

Obviously,the new patch costs me at least 15 fps on my system ( not the highest end PC but as told not the lower end PC eighter) , and the test is carried out in a objective, standardised way: same settings and same mission every time. Pitty

NLS61
10-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Here goes nothing.
The game as always crashes 10 to 15 minutes in to the game.
I've cleared the cache files.
Then the crash sometimes freezing the whole rig.
I've searched for the crash dump folder in the main game folder but it does not exist.
Overall the game is laggy meaning big freezes once and awhile
The flickering shadows are most annoying and a deal breaker for me.
current video driver is 280.26 on 560ti.

I did apply the hot fix.

I will test some more but it is a slow process as the crashes occur often.

O_Smiladon
10-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Hi All,

Well after the hotfix I insatlled the patch.

I like the colours , sound . Just the ONE BIG THING for me is the stutters.

As you know of this thats all I will say..

That was in single player and MP..just down low (like everyone else)

Plaeaseeees make this a prioity!!!!! in in planning the next up date.

it would make the sim really come alive

Thanks

O_Smiladon

David198502
10-07-2011, 09:14 AM
ok...to support my arguments i uploaded this vid.
i know the recording tool in Cliffs of Dover is bugged and the gauges dont work correctly due to it(it would deserve its own bug report), but i think you can still see the different speed of the clockwise.
furthermore in the second part of the vid, i stopped changing the pitch at exactly 10 o'clock, but the clockwise moves until 11:15.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mBG8nADPLQ
the vid shows the behaviour of the manual pp.

FG28_Kodiak
10-07-2011, 09:57 AM
@O_Smiladon
You have a Ati so do you have delete the logo.wmv in '..\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI' and enable Pseudo Fullscreen in Video-Options?

GraveyardJimmy
10-07-2011, 09:59 AM
I have been having some strange behaviour with the mirrors on the spitfire and hurricane.

I set Ctrl+m to turn them off, the first time I fly after loading the game I press this once and it disappears. The second time I press it twice (to cycle through low res, then disappear). However, moving the canopy and sometimes just in normal flight the mirror flickers back into existence (since removing mirrors give me at least 5 fps this is a bit annoying). It sometimes seems to be something to do with lighting, as I was in a spin the mirror would always reappear when I was facing at a certain angle from the sun, every single time my plane swung round.

I know it is quite a small bug, but maybe the mirror isnt being properly removed, so might still be rendering, which could affect performance on the RAF a/c.

Also getting a bug when shot, being injured makes the instruments look a bit strange, as I think someone has already mentioned.

Performance is getting better for me though, just need less stuttering, as FPS is getting better.

FG28_Kodiak
10-07-2011, 10:03 AM
I always get these messages after ending a battle in console.
NOT Destroyed actor: 13pj34XO20hcyuRUk2T.gTOdJDXjtpRTqYtt74p
NOT Destroyed actors = 182

The value of NOT Destroyed actors vary, it increases every ended mission.
Its depends not on the map i use. I make test with only one player plane on map, so its depends not on objects i use.

O_Smiladon
10-07-2011, 10:09 AM
@O_Smiladon
You have a Ati so do you have delete the logo.wmv in '..\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI' and enable Pseudo Fullscreen in Video-Options?

Yeah mate I have taken out the stupid ubi thing..

But I will try Pseudo..cheers will let ya know

O_Smiladon

JG4_Bendwick
10-07-2011, 10:31 AM
written by JG4_Widukind

Bomber:
"The autopilot works not for the Ju 88 "! (either Mode 1 or 2)

The automatic pilot of the Heinkel H 2 and Me 110 perform well.
The Autopilot Mode 2 stabilization levels drop due to strong(down) when you turn on him.
The Baydoors are filled and labeled wrong.( Airbreaks too)
Gyro visor. has no height adjustment in 10 steps! (Very annoying)

Online mode: Gunner
Gunner will no longer work after you have been to place them.
Gunner (Humann fly) are very shooting very bad and almost not at all or only fly in straight

It is itself Gunner: (online)
the Gunner frame 111 kan be moved only very poorly, it is too choppy and reacts very slowly over the keys.
that we should all be able to move the mouse.
be flown because after 7 years online I know that the IL-2 bombers from only one player.
We tried that already goes to 2 .. but bad.

This is probably the biggest problem shooting, because the Mg stops after a short volley, and after that no permanently shoot more , or fire at irregular intervals individually.(in online Mode and offline)
The magazine takes me too long to change.

Graphics: Since beta 2
Outview has improved, vision is clearer
Graphic cockpit looks like IL 2 1946 .
I also have a lot of state System Crashes
and Servercrashes

short preview.

My Graphics: 1920 x1080
all Settings on high and on.(Ellepsie off )
Forest low
Buildings low

My Sytem:

Intel I 7 3.4GHZ 2600k ; 8GB Memory ;
AMD Radon 6870 1GB HD;Win 7 64bit ; 80GB SSD ;USB 3, Motherboard sandy Bridge Acer (4 Processors) 4 pysikal.

sorry for my bad eng

zwiebacksaege
10-07-2011, 10:32 AM
can confirm that the manual prop pitch in the E4 is now slower and not changing that smooth (at least in the gauge) it did before the patch. Also the automatic setting overrevs the engine and doesn't hit the correct "Leistungszustand" at all.

David198502
10-07-2011, 10:41 AM
can confirm that the manual prop pitch in the E4 is now slower and not changing that smooth (at least in the gauge) it did before the patch. Also the automatic setting overrevs the engine and doesn't hit the correct "Leistungszustand" at all.

exactly.im pretty confident that i could outrun with an E1 or E3 everyone in a E4 now, no matter if he is using automatic or manual pp.

O_Smiladon
10-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah mate I have taken out the stupid ubi thing..

But I will try Pseudo..cheers will let ya know

O_Smiladon

Well it certanily helps byt they are still there if only small

but yes it has helped alot

Cheers

O_Smiladon

quebecyankee
10-07-2011, 11:22 AM
The new patch 2 is superb.
I think the game has realy progressed well
Think you Mr LUTHIER and all the team

1 - The colors are better but i think the planes and the cockpits sould be
-25% or -30% contrast. They are a little too dark.
2 - The sounds are better but it miss always the tipical motor sound of Real
Spit and the cockpit gun sound is too low.
3 - The sound of the bullets hitting the cockpit are also too low
I thing it must be terrible and panicking with a little of smoke
when the bullets hit the instruments
4 - To enter in the atmosphere of the fight it necessary to have interior
sounds more strong even it is not entirely exact
5 - It while be very well if the pilote could go out of is plane after have cut
his motor
6 - The crash smoke sould be no regular with a slant, and volume change

Thank you for you big work

Dano
10-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Engine sounds for start and warm up in the Tiger Moth is corrupt for me, is fine once it's running though.

mcdaniels
10-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi folks!
Just checked back in here to see how development of CoD is doing. Getting a little shocked till it looks like things are as bad as they were, when i kickt CoD off my harddisk in May/June?

So, one question: Is it worth it to install COD again, or is it still some kind of a sim with high potential but Alpha-Release style gameplay?

The comm is still out of order? huh... annoying!

Greetings

Gerbil Maximus
10-07-2011, 11:49 AM
I have been having some strange behaviour with the mirrors on the spitfire and hurricane.

I set Ctrl+m to turn them off, the first time I fly after loading the game I press this once and it disappears. The second time I press it twice (to cycle through low res, then disappear). However, moving the canopy and sometimes just in normal flight the mirror flickers back into existence (since removing mirrors give me at least 5 fps this is a bit annoying). It sometimes seems to be something to do with lighting, as I was in a spin the mirror would always reappear when I was facing at a certain angle from the sun, every single time my plane swung round.

I know it is quite a small bug, but maybe the mirror isnt being properly removed, so might still be rendering, which could affect performance on the RAF a/c.

Also getting a bug when shot, being injured makes the instruments look a bit strange, as I think someone has already mentioned.

Performance is getting better for me though, just need less stuttering, as FPS is getting better.

+1 I get this too, have done for ages

Also the trees shimmer like crazy and it actually hurts my eyes. I turn them off most of the time as its just too much.

Latest nividia beta driver.
But this shimmering and movement has been going from the start even with ati too so its not a driver of card issue.

Mad G
10-07-2011, 12:24 PM
I have 285.38 NV driver and got this "white beam" in BD. My specs in my signature

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6075/screenshot7251.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/screenshot7251.jpg/)

Ailantd
10-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I have 285.38 NV driver and got this "white beam" in BD. My specs in my signature

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6075/screenshot7251.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/screenshot7251.jpg/)

Yes, I have seen that too.
It happens sometimes with tracers and wingtip trails, when the plane crash they are not reset properly, stop their animation and stay there forever.

ATAG_Dutch
10-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Yes, I have seen that too.
It happens sometimes with tracers and wingtip trails, when the plane crash they are not reset properly, stop their animation and stay there forever.

Think this is a searchlight still visible in daylight. Been there since day one and reported before.

skouras
10-07-2011, 01:24 PM
The new patch 2 is superb.
I think the game has realy progressed well
Think you Mr LUTHIER and all the team

1 - The colors are better but i think the planes and the cockpits sould be
-25% or -30% contrast. They are a little too dark.
2 - The sounds are better but it miss always the tipical motor sound of Real
Spit and the cockpit gun sound is too low.
3 - The sound of the bullets hitting the cockpit are also too low
I thing it must be terrible and panicking with a little of smoke
when the bullets hit the instruments
4 - To enter in the atmosphere of the fight it necessary to have interior
sounds more strong even it is not entirely exact
5 - It while be very well if the pilote could go out of is plane after have cut
his motor
6 - The crash smoke sould be no regular with a slant, and volume change

Thank you for you big work

totally agree

CWMV
10-07-2011, 02:01 PM
exactly.im pretty confident that i could outrun with an E1 or E3 everyone in a E4 now, no matter if he is using automatic or manual pp.

My only issue is that the auto pitch will get stuck on stupid.
Was scrambling from an airfield last night under attack by hurricanes. Got off the ground, stayed low and was firewall it when the pitch dropped to 930 and wouldn't change.

Oh and the breaking auto radiator! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Shouldn't even be an option!

ChicoMick
10-07-2011, 02:06 PM

I have been getting this too, in a Spit, but it seems sometimes there are two mirrors, one underneath the other. They have different framing, the underneath one has a more basic, squarer edged frame and sometimes keeps appearing when the original one is disabled, or I have even had them alternating in front of me ! Only noticed since beta patch and yes may be triggered when canopy is opened or closed.

jcenzano
10-07-2011, 02:10 PM
if i install the core update/hotfix posted by luthier, the game fails to start.

Is there anybody else with this problem??

if i roll back to the beta patch it works fine again

thanks

quebecyankee
10-07-2011, 03:36 PM
- Impossible to create mission vith the creator of Mission
- Impossible to put bombs in the Blenheim

jf1981
10-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi

Nice patch.

I've got very high followed by very low frame rates all of a suddun.

Zappatime
10-07-2011, 07:52 PM
I just created a mission in the FMB - 12 Wellingtons bombing a German airfield with 109s scrambling. The first few times I ran it it was fine - but I had forgot to set bombs in the Wellingtons. When I ran it again with bombs, it was fine until the first bombs hit the ground (I was watching from a nearby static camera) this caused a complete lock-up. I restarted and ran this mission again, again watching from static camera and same thing - lock up as bombs impacted. I then restarted COD and watched it from within a Spitfire escourting the bombers - viewing from a much greater distance, this time there were huge stutters as the bombs impacted but no lock-up, it managed to pull through the mass of explosions and kept running.

Sorry no crashfile made as a total lock-up. Looks like the explosions when viewed far away cause huge stutters and when viewed closer, cause complete crash of the game.

This is with the latest beta - including the explosions fix, which resolved lock-up in such as the Black Death track as discusssed.

I run nvidia driver 285.38 with vsync and SSAO set in the game on highest settings.

Edit': just found the CPPcrash files - in the 1c_club documents folder , not in Steam folder!

Zappatime
10-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Here goes nothing.

I've searched for the crash dump folder in the main game folder but it does not exist.

The crash dump folder is in the 1c_softclub folder in your 'my documents' on C drive, not in the Steam folder as said in Luthier's post (at least in Win 7 that is, but I assume similar area for all win versions)

gelbevierzehn
10-07-2011, 10:37 PM
After a high speed dive when pitch automatically drives down to 8:30 the pitch is sticked and will stay at 08:30 even during the following climb.
You have to switch back to manual pitch, increase the pitch manual a few degrees, than you can switch back to autopitch which is than working regular again.

jayrc
10-07-2011, 10:55 PM
CDT's every once in a while, usually during big explosions, freezes, stutters, fps drops, needs to be smoothed out some, otherwise I am very happy with the direction this patch has gone:grin: very realistic:cool:

driver version 275.33

_RAAF_Smouch
10-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Not sure if anyone else has reported similar happenings.

Was in the ATAG server last night and the map in rotation was a "night mission". I spawned in a Hurri and got he start up procedures done and then opened the cockpit and my screen went black, as though I had been "p/k'd". the game was still running as I had full engine sounds and could hear someone flying overhead.

Once I hit ESC screen returned to normal view. I respawned again same aircraft, this time after about 10 seconds after opening the canopy same thing happened.

Again I hit ESC respawned and this time left the canopy closed. got airborne and after about five minutes and taking several screen shots and gun firing it happened again.

The map was then changed to a daylight mission and for the next 1 hour + I was able to fly with no problems at all.

Using 280.26 for my graphics drivers. Will hunt around for any new sound drivers.

Will add setting screen shot soon.

jayrc
10-08-2011, 12:08 AM
when turning shadows on and off in video options, stereomode setting changes from 0 to some 7 digit number making fps drop in half, I just change it back in conf and back to normal

Helrza
10-08-2011, 01:00 AM
During online play - After about 10 minutes, it starts to stutter bad, then locks up completely.

Auto prop pitch in the E4, getting stuck at 8.30 (already noted by others, doesnt really bother me anyways, ive gotten used to manual ) *EDIT* Found that Auto PP goes down, but wouldnt come back up. Disabled it, manually turned pp up and down a few times, then re-enabled it and it worked fine after that (I think someone already mentioned it).

Bullet holes on the glass of the Ju87's cockpit are using the same decals as the bullet holes of the metal skin.

Black shadows still stand out in a redout situation.

Ill add more to this post if i find em to save on having posts everywhere lol

kakkola
10-08-2011, 03:16 AM
@JAYRC
I had the same problem,stereomode went to 7 digit after changing resolution from 1920x1080 to 1440x900 (i did not touch shadow settings though).
Put it to zero and back to normal!!!!

Win 7 64
Phenom x4 965 3.4ghz oced @ 3.9ghz
gtx 570 1280 mb
8 gig ram
nvidia 285.38

Vengeanze
10-08-2011, 05:28 AM
@JAYRC
I had the same problem,stereomode went to 7 digit after changing resolution from 1920x1080 to 1440x900 (i did not touch shadow settings though).
Put it to zero and back to normal!!!!

Win 7 64
Phenom x4 965 3.4ghz oced @ 3.9ghz
gtx 570 1280 mb
8 gig ram
nvidia 285.38

Same here. Changing resolution change the stereo mode value.

150GCT_Veltro
10-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Not so important but......
E4 window is locked or not operative.

About FPS ecc. ecc.
With my ATI 5770HD (driver 19) all work fine, with one only CTD.

Flanker35M
10-08-2011, 09:47 AM
S!

Well, not sure if a bug or feature but can not select Tracks to be played if I have Disable desktop composition and Disable themes checked. With them Off I can use them just fine.

Performance is hideous. Chose Bf109E free flight and Fly. After a while over land FPS dropped to some 16 or so. At sea steady 55-60fps. Clouds do affect quite a bit, near buildings stuttering noticeable, some land patches flicker sand colored in France etc.

Trees shimmer and change LOD very clearly in a spehere around you, shadows flicker. Also noted that the new colored landscape is visible like that only to a certain distance and after that turns to the old or lighter color. This is the same where people noticed the strange banding or stripe, like a square.

The lines in horizon can be seen through the instrument panel as well, not only in outside view or thru cockpit windows.

In short..will wait a bit until playing full time. Too many issues at the moment that hinder this sim to become the star it deserves.

Vengeanze
10-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Also noted that the new colored landscape is visible like that only to a certain distance and after that turns to the old or lighter color.

Dunno if this has anything to do with it.
The switch Land Detail in the Video settings will affect how far ground texture is rendered. Try setting it to High if you haven't already.

Btw good match yesterday. You guys are real fighters.

IvanK
10-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Not so important but......
E4 window is locked or not operative.

About FPS ecc. ecc.
With my ATI 5770HD (driver 19) all work fine, with one only CTD.

Works ok for me on the ground .. I havent tried it airborne though

150GCT_Veltro
10-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Works ok for me on the ground .. I havent tried it airborne though

Not the canopy but the window on your left. Does it work for you? May be is locked only the clikable control.

RCAF_FB_Orville
10-08-2011, 10:40 AM
A control response bug is occurring whereby pitch control, radiators and mix etc stop working for minutes at a time. I can verify that this is definitely not due to 'anthropomorphic' difficulty setting being selected. Control will then resume as normal.......There is no real pattern or time duration to this bug I can discern.

Hotfix has thus far completely solved the random crash-freezes, after some 4 hours play I have not had another CTD or freeze. Still massive slow downs with smoke, explosions, flames....and an FPS loss of 10-12. Particularly bad when in proximity to clouds.

Geometric artifacts bug (usually rectangular) has made a reappearance, have confirmed with GPU-Z that this is not a card overheating issue, nor is it related to 'Epilepsy filter' being selected.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/CaptainKubla/Launcher2011-10-0711-28-33-43.jpg

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/CaptainKubla/Launcher2011-10-0613-26-46-37.jpg

PS I can confirm what Veltro is saying about the window when using keybinding control, haven't tried on the ground yet but I experience the same bug. Also in E4 I cannot open canopy using the CTRL+O keybinding anymore. Have to use Jettison command instead.

Specs: i7 940
Asus P6T M/B
GTX 580
6gb DDR3 Corsair ram 1600mhz
Onboard 'SoundMax' audio
W7 64 bit O/S
Nvidia 285.38 Beta drivers

Flanker35M
10-08-2011, 11:47 AM
S!

I use High as settings. Disabled settings are: SSAO, Epilepsy, Grass, FSAA. Building detail at medium or low, Forest low and rest at high.

JG52Krupi
10-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Not the canopy but the window on your left. Does it work for you? May be is locked only the clikable control.

Yes it works, problem is that while the handle is not in the same place as in the 109e3 the area to open it is, therefore locate the handle and then drag your mouse below it and the open window note comes up.

Attila
10-08-2011, 12:36 PM
In the last 2 days i had several launcher crashes!
Here my crashlogfiles:

PS: After the hotfix the game is running as hell!

albx
10-08-2011, 01:09 PM
In the spit the trim knobs are not working (animated)

reflected
10-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Wow...

I gave up on you guys already, but I thought I'd try this new beta.

Well ,the graphics are breathtaking, the sound is fantastic, I even love the menu music! I get a decent FPS - around 40-50, above London it's 15-20. Rarely any stutters.

Negative:
- AI still rolls like crazy
- Radio chatter is inaudible
- Radio commands don't work
- Irvin Jacket sticks through the Spitfire.

GTX470, i7-920, 6G RAM here.

Well done!

150GCT_Veltro
10-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Yes it works, problem is that while the handle is not in the same place as in the 109e3 the area to open it is, therefore locate the handle and then drag your mouse below it and the open window note comes up.

You're right Krupi, confirmed as working.

http://www.150gct.it/users/150GCT_Veltro/COCKPITE4.jpg

skouras
10-08-2011, 01:28 PM
In the spit the trim knobs are not working (animated)

known issue..

Zappatime
10-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Wow...

Negative:
- AI still rolls like crazy
-

that crazy AI rolling would be more palatable, especially in the bombers if it at least obeyed the laws of physics, there seems to be no inertia modelled at all, that or the bug just ignores that parameter, but it rolls as though it were a cheer leaders baton rather than a heavy plane with 2 - 4 engines in tow!

I think all the AI comes in to land at much too steep an angle, doesnt look right to me, but at least they hit the right approach angle, not like in il2 where some invisible hand swung them round at the last minute to line up with the runway.

I was watching some FW200s coming into land and their angle looked wierd, to the point that they were almost nose down on the runway, when this happened......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xla_nmYNDYY

sorry for low light it was a dawn mission (clearer full screen on YouTube), the two fires on the runway are where the previous 2 FW200s did the same flip!

skouras
10-08-2011, 02:23 PM
if you select the bombardier sight in german planes
and stay enough time it crashes the game
also the superchargers doesn't move [1 and a half year now]

mcdaniels
10-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Hi folks!
With the latest patch applied and details maxed I ve got micro stuttering over london. But not only @london. Also in dogfights the sim stutters.

Video@London: http://www.youtube.com/user/mcdaniels2k9?blend=21&ob=5#p/u/0/YwrLfii0aZ8

As I can say so far it is in "connection" with the text which is being displayed when the wingmen talk to each other. Simultanously when the text of the comm. appears the game stutters.

Flying over london I got micro stuttering as mentioned. I can not say where from this is coming...?

Amd Phenom2 X3 @2.8GHZ
8GB RAM
Win 7 PRo 64Bit
AMD Saphire Radeon HD 6850 1 GB Ram

Richie
10-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Not a bug report Luthier but if you want this sound to be as realistic as possible the wind must be much much louder especially in dives and open canopy flight. In dives the wind sound takes over the sound of the engine in 109s in volume probably Spitfires too. In flight open canopy wind should howl hardly any engine sound at all. Stick your head out of your car going 100 mph and see what it sounds like.

After installing the hotfix and flying around a while I've changed my mind. I put my 109 in some dives and the wind was very.................. LOUD!! I loved it. Before I was going by a Spitfire video I saw in here. Sorry about that.

GF_Mastiff
10-08-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm seeing way to much warping from the new E4 models I get on ones tail he warps magically 1000m away from me.
ATAG server beta.

my ping was 34 his was 64. or he was screen shooting like crazy?
which don't make since, theres no screen shot folder anymore.

TomcatViP
10-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Not a new one but its presence get realy annoying :

Activating the boost cut-out in the Hurri makes the eng run cooler :confused:

It's easier to run flat out with the boost activated than without.

(btw I do not use this trick)

Don't know how it works in the Spit

~S!

robtek
10-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Ping is NOT directly connected with lags!

And skouras,

with sentences like that:

....also the superchargers doesn't move [1 and a half year now]

you take any credibility from your posts.

reflected
10-08-2011, 09:25 PM
BUG!

When the action gets thick, the sound starts to stutter and the picture freezes - the game goes on though, and if I alt tab out and back, it goes back to normal - for a second or two. :(

skouras
10-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Ping is NOT directly connected with lags!

And skouras,

with sentences like that:

you take any credibility from your posts.

whatever..
probably your right
i apologise..

RAF_Nudge
10-09-2011, 01:28 AM
I try to test some things, but what i found is that we have MAJOR bug regards effects (explosions), with lock ups, and that the terrain visuals are much better, and external vision of aircrafts too.

This new beta is too much unstable to further testing. Try a hotfix for explosions related crashes, at least.

Ok I MUST ask the question to all you guys whining about this patch.

Did you guys notice and install the small 2.41Mb patch for partical effects and explosions? Update – October 6, 2011
Copied from Luthier's original post for patch...

"Please download and install a small update to the beta that fixes the most commonly encountered issue that has to do with explosions and particle effects hanging up the game.
http://www.1cfiles.com/IL2_CliffsofD...core_patch.rar"

FULL ORIGINAL POST
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26761

If not perhaps you all should take the time to read luthiers posts before complaining about graphical issues. THAT IS READ IT ALL BEFORE YOU START BLINDLY INSTALLING BETA PATCHES:evil: It also is quite apparent from the complaints that most have low end systems running mid to high graphics settings...take a reallity check guys and turn the settings down or upgrade the items deficient in your sytems. use a process of ellimination by starting at low and slowly turning things up....

Me personally am impressed with this new patch, I am not without the odd crash here and there, but i think visibillity of other Planes has improved ten fold.

THUMBS UP TO THE TEAM AT 1C FOR THE PROGRESS SO FAR...You can't please everone all the time...:!:

MY SYSTEM
CPU Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4 Ghz (Quad Core)
MB Gygabyte GA-78LMT-S2P
GPU Gigabyte 1gb GTX550 ti Nvidea Drive Ver 280.26
RAM G.Skill 8gb DDR3 1333mhz
OS Win 7 Home Premium 64Bit OEM
PSU A-Power M80 Plus 550W 80+ Certified
CASE Antec 300 gaming tower with twin 140mm fans 1x inlet 1x exhaust
MONITOR Acer 21.5" V223HQBD 5ms Monitor
HDD WD 3.5" 500gb Blue Sata 3 7200rpm
JOYSTICK Saitek Cyborg evo

My graphics settings are in the attached files (Screenshots) The global setting in Nvidia Settings has made a huge difference to my game...

1PL_Lucas
10-09-2011, 01:47 AM
There is also one thing, which I did not do previously and had an impact on my game:
- Please open your conf.ini and make sure the anti epilepsy filter is turned off (set to 0). After turning it off, my performance became very similar to the one from the 1.02. Before doing that, I had about 15 fps less, even the AE Filter was unchecked in my settings.
So, all the Gents, who claim that the performance is much worse, please check the conf.ini!

As for the bugs, I would like to ask the Dev Team to rework the low res, non-detail ground textures which still have the old color palette. If someone like me is using the landscape detail set to low or medium, it can be easily spotted, because the color difference is huge and the higher you are, the worse it looks like.

Lucas

GF_Mastiff
10-09-2011, 03:54 AM
nothing to do with ANTI ep filter not even in my config ini, and yes the small hot fix from the 6th is installed.

other than that cant wait to get me a 120hrz monitor when they come down in price to try out my NVIDIA 3D.

bw_wolverine
10-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Flying on ATAG over French coastline tonight, large sections of land became black (no texture). Also, while chasing a plane across the channel, ships were hovering in midair upside down and listing (as if sunk).

Also, where the land was black, grass was in mid air, maybe 1000 ft up.

Yikes.

Core i7 940, GTX580 with up to date NON-beta drivers, 12gb ram, running CloD from 128gb SSD, SB X-Fi card, MSFFB2 stick, Track IR. Win 7 Pro 64bit

justme262
10-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Installed the patch and the hotfix, cleared the cache and loaded a flight and watched the black death.

Looks great now. The cockpit looked terrible at first now looks good. Maybe it looks different at different times of day. I can't work out why it looked so bad at first but fine now.

FPS has dropped quite badly. Black death dropped from around 55-60 to 25-30fps! and minimum has dropped from 18 to 5fps.
In the cockpit flying low the fps is barely playable and I had to drop the rez from 1600x900 to 1366x768 to play at all.

PS.I checked the anti Epilepsy in conf.ini it is off. =0

khaAk
10-09-2011, 10:28 AM
(Sorry for bad english, Google-translator) :-|
Hi Everyone,

There are several types of ammunition displayed wrong once shot the mine and the PMK-phosphorus nucleus (MG17)

First (MGFF/M) Mine-ammuition

Mine's, the game will be provided with smoke and tracer that is wrong!
The RL had no such tracer (and smoke) because otherwise they lose their "power". This is an error ;P
The Explusion the ammunition is too large, the smaller should be seen, but is nicely made ​​and looks more realistic
the MK108.

It is missing "armor-piercing shell" in the selection of ammunition (and MGFF MGFF/M)
It's like the SmK, H only harder to suitable ships and tanks to attack,
or to hunt the bombers.

(http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_FF [German])

MG17, P.m.K phosphorus nucleus
Here, clearly missing the smoke coming out of this ammunition (from phosphorus).

P.M.K. 1:13 to 1:27
B.-Patrone 1:28 to 1:40 (?)
L´Spur 0:30 to 0:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5XIhHPHU_Q&feature=youtu.be