PDA

View Full Version : my favourite movies those in which things are not that they seem :)

raaaid
10-05-2011, 12:54 PM
the matrix

the truman show

level 13

deeply gnostic movies which show the illusion of reality

do you know more than this in which actually the real world is not what it seems?ç

Such films as Dark City, The Gladiator, The Fountain, The Matrix, The Thirteenth Floor, The Game, The Truman Show, eXistenZ, The Island, and Vanilla Sky can be compared to Gnostic cosmological myth in the presentation of a world that is illusory, that is created with the intention to deceive or restrict its inhabitants, and that is not configured to humanity's benefit save through the illuminating realization of its falsehood. Ultimately, the key to unravelling the illusion and perceiving reality without obscuration resides in a form of self-knowledge or enlightenment (often this perception is concurrent to a 'return' to a material or extended reality that persists beyond the illusion).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism_in_popular_culture#Film_and_television

edit:

in fact i dont dare to read time out of joint, too many paralelisms with my life

Katana1000S
10-08-2011, 08:12 PM
the matrix

the truman show

level 13

deeply gnostic movies which show the illusion of reality

do you know more than this in which actually the real world is not what it seems?ç

Such films as Dark City, The Gladiator, The Fountain, The Matrix, The Thirteenth Floor, The Game, The Truman Show, eXistenZ, The Island, and Vanilla Sky can be compared to Gnostic cosmological myth in the presentation of a world that is illusory, that is created with the intention to deceive or restrict its inhabitants, and that is not configured to humanity's benefit save through the illuminating realization of its falsehood. Ultimately, the key to unravelling the illusion and perceiving reality without obscuration resides in a form of self-knowledge or enlightenment (often this perception is concurrent to a 'return' to a material or extended reality that persists beyond the illusion).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism_in_popular_culture#Film_and_television

edit:

in fact i dont dare to read time out of joint, too many paralelisms with my life

I think you need to cut down on substances, legal or otherwise ... it will ruin your life in the long term.

raaaid
10-09-2011, 11:51 AM
oh my craze is natural i need no substances :)

but its crazy pondering whats reality about when you discover tv is stereovision? crazy would be denying a fact

none, absolutly none of my close friends think im crazy

of course i dont tell them everything i think cause they woulodnt underastand, i just do here

man im not even crazy i just dare to think without complex

if theres god the world is perfect and staged, i f theres no god who cares to die in such a world

chravel got it pretty good actually:

"Without giving away too much, one of those things happens to be the realization that what other people refer to as your insanity is in fact their insanity for not realizing the new intellectual and cognitive ground you are breaking."

ATAG_Dutch
10-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Twelve Monkeys.

Shutter Island

The Others

Deja Vu.

raaaid
10-09-2011, 12:17 PM
thanks ill be checking those, ill add:

what does make a person crazy?

his inhability for social interaction

or

his ideas

am i not in a free world where i can think whatever i want as long as i respect others?

how does it sound locking somoneone up by his ideas

i reinforce on my idea:

god probably exist therefore the world is probably perfect therefore its probably staged

now i have a proof of it by seeing tv in stereovision :)

Scarecrow
10-10-2011, 05:02 AM
I think Jacobs Ladder, They Live, Adjustment Bureau and Inception would fall into that catagory. Here are few others I've enjoyed that might appeal to you

Martyrs
High Society
The Jacket
Devils Advocate
Frailty
Triangle
Home Movie
The Box
The Book of Eli
Donnie Darco
Powder
Stranger than Fiction
Inland Empire
Fight Club

Richie
10-12-2011, 05:50 AM
Chinatown
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. The original Swedish version.
Memento
North By North West
Lost TV series

Katana1000S
10-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Sorry Raaaid, I was too harsh on you in my first reply ... and I don't know why!

As for disturbing movies, then Eraserhead is my top one, then maybe Jacobs Ladder, there are some almost snuff ones that I wont talk about, but heard about Icki and suchlike ... not my cup of tea.

As for just plain WTF? sometimes it does not have to be gruesome to be Peculiar.

I recently watched Man on the Moon with Jim Cary because I promised I would to a friend ... for the first ten minutes I was thinking, OMG what is this, then it grew on me, it was not until the end of this movie that I realised this was based on a true story, or that the leading lady was Courtney Love ... ex of Kurt Cobain ... for some reason I'd always heard of her but would not have noticed her if she passed me in the street ... bizarre sense of humour needed for this but right up my street!

Trooper117
10-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Raaaid.. watch the film 'ink'. I believe it would appeal to you.