PDA

View Full Version : A new BOB movie!

Herbs107
10-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Could be bad or could be brillant, time will tell:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/entertainment/a/-/article/10400382/robert-towne-to-write-battle-of-britain-for-gk-films/

adonys
10-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Actually Graham King made some VERY good movies.. so this one has a big chance to be a very good one too :)

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Mh. I wonder what kind of movie this will make. Probably just the ordinary hero-underdog-beats-the-uber-evil-superpower-monster-and-a-dramatic-love-story-and-dont-forget-that-after-practically-killing-the-badguy-the-evilguy-makes-a-last-move-to-kill-the-hero-before-being-killed-for-good-tale judging from the article.

CUJO_1970
10-05-2011, 03:18 AM
"...the project aims to tell how the overmatched Royal Air Force beat back the vaunted German Luftwaffe for mastery of the skies over the capitol."

Wow, how original.

Gerbil Maximus
10-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Good Lord :/

Que the next love triangle, with persistant factual errors and intermittent spurious CGI flight models, and a stellar all star american cast (rows upon rows of neon white straight teeth) trying and failing to do english accents.

Leave our history alone Holywood.

ATAG_Snapper
10-05-2011, 11:55 AM
This movie won't be complete unless they cast a botox'd Tom Cruise as Billy Fiske. LOL Seriously, I'm looking forward to hearing more about this production.

ftl818
10-05-2011, 11:59 AM

Que the next love triangle, with persistant factual errors and intermittent spurious CGI flight models, and a stellar all star american cast (rows upon rows of neon white straight teeth) trying and failing to do english accents.

Well put,

Americans: just leave your cowboys and indians on your side of the pond.

If you want to make real history: feature what really happened to the native Americans.

Sternjaeger II
10-05-2011, 12:01 PM

...rows upon rows of neon white straight teeth....

yup, that's defo not part of the British heritage ;)

RCAF_FB_Orville
10-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Neon white-bleached teeth are not part of Human heritage, full stop. :) Since we are going on national stereotypes, I wonder if any Italian pilots in the film will wet themselves then flee in abject terror after 5 seconds into the dogfight, have appalling personal hygiene and never clean up their rubbish bins from the mess...stinking out the whole joint. And there was me thinking my local Council were bad at refuse disposal.

:grin:

ATAG_Doc
10-05-2011, 12:51 PM
How much you want to bet they will cram this full of love scenes and women drama.

ATAG_Dutch
10-05-2011, 12:57 PM
yup, that's defo not part of the British heritage ;)

Wot? You gonna bang on about British teeth now?

'The British are so stubborn, they won't even look after their teeth, and they complain of discomfort when someone makes a film of a Spitfire shooting at Westminster Abbey! What fools.':rolleyes:

;)

As for the film, I have no confidence other than that it will once more demonstrate the essential but fictional contribution made by American Nationals to the outcome of the Battle. 'Pearl Harbor revisited'.

Gerbil Maximus
10-05-2011, 01:02 PM
LMOA Dutch,

Our rotten teeth are that way because now the large shopping chains now import all our food from the US. Colgate hasnt caught up yet though.

Sternjaeger II
10-05-2011, 01:08 PM
lol dunno if you guys watched Embarrassing Bodies last night, but I didn't know what was stronger, the pulse to punch that 21 years old idiot with rotten teeth or the pulse of puking my dinner..

ATAG_Dutch
10-05-2011, 01:17 PM
lol dunno if you guys watched Embarrassing Bodies last night,

Certainly not, I was reading 'The Sun'.:-P

Sternjaeger II
10-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Certainly not, I was reading 'The Sun'.:-P

reading the Sun? ;)

ATAG_Dutch
10-05-2011, 01:26 PM
reading the Sun? ;)

Irony Stern, Irony. Something else the British are fond of!;)

Sternjaeger II
10-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Irony Stern, Irony. Something else the British are fond of!;)

yup, loving it! It's kinda dangerous when I go back to Italy though, I forget that it's perceived differently there and sometimes I get raised eyebrows (or worse..) ;)

Bewolf
10-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Oh my. New BoB movie? With a love triangle on the isle of white? Or with a bunch of foreigners looking for recognition doing their best to save king and country?

Look at the Poles, they at least work out their grudges in style ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42DavvCuOJs&feature=related