PDA

View Full Version : I want one...DROOL

Herbs107
10-04-2011, 09:48 AM
This is one awesome piece of gear, it also comes with a nice price tag...

http://www.spitsim.co.uk/

Herbs107
10-04-2011, 09:53 AM
This ones a little cheaper..

http://www.rcsimulations.co.uk/shop/page/6?shop_param=

Sternjaeger II
10-04-2011, 10:28 AM
the was a French company that was doing something similar for the 109 not so long ago. Frankly it's a lot of money, and I would only begin to think about buying these if they came with adequate force feedback, otherwise it's of no real use for the sake of realism, it just looks cool..

If you can justify a 4k pricetag for something that looks only cool then help yourself to it ;)

JG52Krupi
10-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Well the French company (Tarmac aces) are working on force feedback.... I will be reviewing it when it finially arrives.

Sternjaeger II
10-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Well the French company (Tarmac aces) are working on force feedback.... I will be reviewing it when it finially arrives.

now that's what makes the difference: long stick (so proper leverage), feedback and proper controls layout.

Looking forward to that Krupi, keep us posted mate!

ATAG_Dutch
10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Oh my word.

If the spitsim one came with FFB, coupled with a buttkicker.........

On the other hand, no matter how we try, we ain't gonna get G's, so where do we draw the line?

A full mock up Spit in the garden with PC on board and surround monitors instead of a canopy?

Hang on.....:grin:

Sternjaeger II
10-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Oh my word.

If the spitsim one came with FFB, coupled with a buttkicker.........

On the other hand, no matter how we try, we ain't gonna get G's, so where do we draw the line?

A full mock up Spit in the garden with PC on board and surround monitors instead of a canopy?

Hang on.....:grin:

true, but there would be ways around that too. As much as I don't recommend the real deal (I've been in a sustained 6G manoeuvre in several occasions and it's not pleasant at all...), we could still have ways to implement this: in real life you need to train to build a tolerance to it, and there are some specific actions you do to compensate the G strain (i.e. clenching your butt, abs, short but fast breathing etc..). Some people have a better tolerance (if you're not too tall, stocky and with a high blood pressure for instance you surely have better tolerance) than others, and bear in mind that apart from late in the war, there were no G-suits, and even those aren't a miracle.

I was thinking of a system where you put in your physical features (i.e. weight, height, blood pressure type) combined with your flying hours, which could give a rough model of your G tolerance, affecting the performance of your controls and the point of view movement and speed during the game.

But hey, this is kinda sci-fi I suppose, one that would adjust things in terms of dogfight realism.

IvanK
10-04-2011, 10:53 PM

Does Tarmac Aces still exist ? If so do you have a URL to their web site ?

DC338
10-05-2011, 01:35 AM
http://www.tarmac-aces.com/en/boutique.html

ATAG_Dutch
10-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I was thinking of a system where you put in your physical features (i.e. weight, height, blood pressure type) combined with your flying hours, which could give a rough model of your G tolerance, affecting the performance of your controls and the point of view movement and speed during the game.

Good idea, except that everybody would lie for dogfight advantage!

By G's, I was meaning the gentle, up and downhill sensations - 'seat of the pants flying'- if you will, rather than the adverse effects of high Gs.

I wouldn't fancy having one of those hydraulic ram simulators in my garden to get this however.

Hang on a minute.....again!:grin: If someone could make a mini version............!