PDA

View Full Version : M-Geschoss or Mienengeschoss in CoD

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-02-2011, 12:53 AM
I dunno about your experience with the M-Geschoss in CoD but I find it a bit weak. It somehow just punches some holes, that I also manage to make with other ammo.

Particularly compared to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZGaEEi8Ek&feature=player_embedded

It is probably not the same calibre (MG FF should have nonetheless 20 mm calibre if wikipedia is right) but what is your experience with this ammo type in the 109E4?

1./JG2_Miller
10-02-2011, 01:05 AM
The vid you posted shows the 30mm Mk 108. There's a little difference in the amount of explosive in the bullets compared to the 20mm MG FF/M we have in the E4. But I have to agree, the MG FF/M should rip an enemy plane into many pieces if 3 or 4 bullets hit it. Yet I even had the case of shooting my whole ammo for the MG FF/M into an enemy AI, all well placed bursts which hit the target. After 30 hits it just had many really big holes in its wings. After another 30 it struggled to keep flying but it did. I had to finish him off with my MG17's. On the other side I once dived onto a Spit and shot 2 bullets in its wing and could see it wave at the Spit pilot saying "screw this, I'm flying home". I'd say in some cases it's showing effect like it should but in some other cases 2 MG17's would do the job better.

Skoshi Tiger
10-02-2011, 06:27 AM
What would be really neat would be a model of a tressle and a option in the mission builder to spawn with your aircraft with the tail jacked up in a horizonal position.

Then when querries like this come up we could make a quick mission with a target plane at a set distance in front and do some testing and observe the effects of the warious weapons.

As a frequent target I can attest that only a few cannon rounds can put a Spitfire or a Hurricane down for the count!

Cheers! !)

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Thank you for your replies, guys.

I do understand the difference between 20mm and 30mm but imho it should be more devastating than just punching some holes in the skins. What about making damage to the carrying structure of a wing that no longer can sustain the same g's as before when hit appropriatly? If the bar is it, the wing should go.

I dunno what I do wrong. Of course when I hit a spit I will get a message that I participated to the kill (usually very much later), but yet I have to manage to kill it decisively. Usually they are inside a furbal, have to fight and do struggle eventually and of course my M-geschoss round brought it there. But where is the wing ripping capacity of it? Did anyone ever rip a wing off a spit with it? Also bombers, even if you are straight astern I usually kill them with the Mg17 and not with the MGff.

As it is now I do not know how back then they have managed to down spits and hurries without killing the pilot. The 109 flames quickly so it is possible to kill it with one burst without going for the pilot. I yet have to do it in a 109 against a spit (offline and online).