09-29-2011, 08:34 PM
downloding now. not expecting much.

GOZR
09-29-2011, 08:39 PM
PS3 and Xbox what a let down.. :(

Welshman
09-29-2011, 09:04 PM
PS3 and Xbox what a let down.. :(

? been playing the pc version all day , runs great for a beta ..

Gerbil Maximus
09-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Welshan search for the platoon Pickled~0nions, no sense gaming alone :)

LoBiSoMeM
09-30-2011, 03:15 PM
? been playing the pc version all day , runs great for a beta ..

Run greats for the same thing as now old BFBC2 and all Call of Duty titles...

Waiting for ArmA3. :grin:

Ze-Jamz
09-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Run greats for the same thing as now old BFBC2 and all Call of Duty titles...

Waiting for ArmA3. :grin:

Which will be like ArmA2 right?

GOZR
09-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Good thanks

pupo162
09-30-2011, 04:25 PM
well.

first things first. i was surprised i could run this game at top graphics. it does look good and runs smooth (unlike some other games :rolleyes: )

Then i was surprised about the map. Really nice, ambient, well developed city, rahter big for a fps.

then the gameplay was about what i expected, tough i was impressed by the rather big ammount of teamwork the game enforces (you dont see many lonewolfs, but rather packs of soldiers).

dissapointed by the even simplier and undifferencable kits ( 4 only), small squads ( 4 only ) and other stuff

but overall this game fullfilled my diseres, wich is, a good plataform to hope for a PR:Bf3. i will dream.

Ze-Jamz
09-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Anyway PC users can try this out without a Key?

Gerbil Maximus
09-30-2011, 04:39 PM
yeah anyone who joins search for the Pickled~0nions platoon and join for the big win! :grin:

skouras
09-30-2011, 06:54 PM
only those who preorder the game from origin can play the beta
i have much fun
pitty that has only one map though
the Caspian border conquest was amazing but they take it out after 24 hours:-)

Ali Fish
09-30-2011, 07:02 PM
I suggest folks read the Origins EULA.

mazex
09-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Even though I definitely will try it I can really recommend Red Orchestra 2 if you haven't tried it and like FPS games in some way but really like simulators more. Your first rounds you will get killed all the time and you will read chat lines from disappointed Call of Duty kids about "Damn you xxx - camper!!!! This game sux!!!!". Then you realize that this is what war was like - heroes that stormed over an open plaza got killed in a few seconds and "the camper" has just acquired a tactical position that has to be dealt with.

After playing it for a few hours it's just awesome compared to all other FPS games out there. It's really different and much more like the original Operation Flashpoint etc - but with much more "condensed" battles where the enemy is not kilometers away... And the graphical improvements over Red Orchestra 1 are impressive. Some of the maps are just awesome with all the tiny details.

Ze-Jamz
09-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Even though I definitely will try it I can really recommend Red Orchestra 2 if you haven't tried it and like FPS games in some way but really like simulators more. Your first rounds you will get killed all the time and you will read chat lines from disappointed Call of Duty kids about "Damn you xxx - camper!!!! This game sux!!!!". Then you realize that this is what war was like - heroes that stormed over an open plaza got killed in a few seconds and "the camper" has just acquired a tactical position that has to be dealt with.

After playing it for a few hours it's just awesome compared to all other FPS games out there. It's really different and much more like the original Operation Flashpoint etc - but with much more "condensed" battles where the enemy is not kilometers away... And the graphical improvements over Red Orchestra 1 are impressive. Some of the maps are just awesome with all the tiny details.

HMmmm im playing it now and i don't think the GFX are good at all tbh.. game play seems ok, haven't played online yet with it

mazex
09-30-2011, 08:00 PM
HMmmm im playing it now and i don't think the GFX are good at all tbh.. game play seems ok, haven't played online yet with it

Ohh - but RO is really an online only game, the single player is like the "bot mode" in the original Battlefield 1942 - completely useless ;) It's the online game that makes it awesome (and hard ;))

A yes, I can agree some maps are not that good, but others are splendid IMO, like the Red October Factory map. Have you played that?

EDIT: Just downloaded it and got the message that I had to have the 285.38 version of the Nvidia drivers... Hmm - isn't 280.26 the latest version I thought? Went to Nvidia to check for Betas and there you are - version 285.38 with a performance boost in BF3 of up to 38% Think about if MG had the same power over Nvidia to force them to release a beta version only for their beta game ;)

skouras
09-30-2011, 08:21 PM
just download the beta drivers 285.38
it works ok with other games too

pupo162
09-30-2011, 09:12 PM

i was REALLY disapointed with RO2. i didnt play RO1, but i was all excited to finally have waht looked to be a realistic objecitve based, Teamwork WW2 shooter.

well, it all went way preatty fast. Quickscoping, ubber weapon accuarecy, combined with MW2 sized maps resulted with it being just another run 'n shoot everithing that moves.

GFX's wise it was also a let down. it suffers the same problem of AA3, looks good at close, but 25 meters way stuff looks out of focus.

mazex
09-30-2011, 09:27 PM
i was REALLY disapointed with RO2. i didnt play RO1, but i was all excited to finally have waht looked to be a realistic objecitve based, Teamwork WW2 shooter.

well, it all went way preatty fast. Quickscoping, ubber weapon accuarecy, combined with MW2 sized maps resulted with it being just another run 'n shoot everithing that moves.

GFX's wise it was also a let down. it suffers the same problem of AA3, looks good at close, but 25 meters way stuff looks out of focus.

I don't really agree on the uber accuracy part. I can shoot a paper figure in the head at 300 meters with a G3 (prone) even without a scope and the maximum kill range I've had in RO2 is 200 meters so not problems for me at least. I'm better IRL ;)

I can agree that the maps are a bit small, but if I want big maps I play ARMA so this is a nice "quick option"...

Regarding the graphics I'm old and started playing on the Spectrum 16kb so I'm really not that picky even though I've played most major titles since 1984 ;)

pupo162
09-30-2011, 10:11 PM
I don't really agree on the uber accuracy part. I can shoot a paper figure in the head at 300 meters with a G3 (prone) even without a scope and the maximum kill range I've had in RO2 is 200 meters so not problems for me at least. I'm better IRL ;)

I can agree that the maps are a bit small, but if I want big maps I play ARMA so this is a nice "quick option"...

Regarding the graphics I'm old and started playing on the Spectrum 16kb so I'm really not that picky even though I've played most major titles since 1984 ;)

True, but im preatty sure you cant hit a thign at 50 meters instantanely after zooming in your sights. that is, you need time to adjust your eye to tgunsight, 1 to 3 seconds. its not instantaneus.

arma, its too big. RO ist too small. 2x2 km would be my expectations.

Regarding graphics. im ok with "bad" graphics. waht it dont like at all is having multiple levels of quality in the same game. its like having bad CGI in a movie. looks ugly and unnatural.

trumps
10-03-2011, 03:52 AM
this is the one i am waiting for, Iron Front Liberation 1944. a stand alone, made using a tweaked ARMA II engine, this will be special, if you havent seen it check out the trailer! big open spaces, is what i love, nearly everything else seems to be a rail shooter!

http://www.deepsilver.com/en/game-view/view/game/access16/iron-front/

trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7FrwI-pWOE

Craig

NedLynch
10-03-2011, 04:46 AM
just download the beta drivers 285.38
it works ok with other games too

So this beta driver improves performance for CoD or not?

I read the release notes to the driver and it is just amazing how nvidia is kissing BF3's behind...for a beta test no less.
No concern from nvidia for CoD yet I guess. Yeah I know game needs to be fixed properly first.
Still it blows me away how a "niche" title like this great sim just simply seems to go unoticed/overlooked/not cared about by nvidia?