PDA

View Full Version : i just discovered im alien with a binocular rivalry test, you can test too :)

raaaid
09-28-2011, 03:39 PM
take a small mirror and put it vertical over your nose separating the views of both eyes

youll be now presented two different images for each eye with not shared info

if your normal youll see exclusively one image or the other and you wont even be able to control which image you see

this is called binocular rivalry

now if you dont have binocular rivalry which is a non human feature youll see a superimposition of the two images at the same time

hey plz this is an easy test would someone do it for me and tell me wether they see exclusively one image or a superimposition?

Sternjaeger II
09-28-2011, 04:03 PM
..I always had the suspicion you come from another planet ;)

Madfish
09-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Where should I get a small mirror from? :confused: I'm not a girl... :-P

Ze-Jamz
09-28-2011, 07:51 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZVMqrCMIeuw/Ti4kGYd1O2I/AAAAAAAADfc/_VKXZxxRnmk/s320/NotAgain.gif

Oldschool61
09-28-2011, 08:14 PM
take a small mirror and put it vertical over your nose separating the views of both eyes

if your normal youll see exclusively one image or the other and you wont even be able to control which image you see

now if you dont have binocular rivalry which is a non human feature youll see a superimposition of the two images at the same time

hey plz this is an easy test would someone do it for me and tell me wether they see exclusively one image or a superimposition?

Eveyone is an alien somewhere!!

335th_GRAthos
09-28-2011, 08:40 PM
You never cease to impress me Raaaid! :D

major_setback
09-28-2011, 09:43 PM

I can see two images extremely clearly. There is no priority of one image over the other, and no switching between images.

I am not an alien, and neither are you.

Please think carefully before you post things like this. You are not thinking clearly just now.

raaaid
09-28-2011, 10:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binocular_rivalry

if you can do that youre not normal

Hatch
09-28-2011, 10:22 PM
It might also mean we don't know enough!

raaaid
09-28-2011, 10:27 PM
oh yes id like to know if binocular rivalry is a lie or my family is an exception

if more people did the test

Madfish
09-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Wouldn't that mean you're unable to see artificial 3D images though? :confused:

major_setback
09-29-2011, 03:17 PM
oh yes id like to know if binocular rivalry is a lie or my family is an exception

if more people did the test

It is probably not a 'lie', but it isn't necessarily true either.

I studied psychology at uni' for 1 year. There was a professor there who gave a lecture on studies he'd conducted on the image impression we see after we close our eyes (if you stare at an image and then close your eyes you see an imprint of what you were looking at. 'After-pictures', he called them).
Adults see them as negative. He claimed that young children saw them as colour positives (when they close their eyes they see a colour imprint exactly as how they saw it in reality). I don't believe they saw this at all, I think they just didn't understand the tests they were given, or understand what they were being asked.
Anyway these studies must have been submitted to the appropriate people, and then accepted, and then published as scientific fact.

Scientific 'facts' can always be called into question.