PDA

View Full Version : Blenheim IV

nakedsquirrel
09-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Has anyone been able to fly the Blenheim without blowing the engine on full real settings? I have been having trouble and I feel I have been very conservative with the engines

Engine RPM 1600-1800
Engine Boost 2-3 (12 o'clock position)
Oil Temp between 40-55 degrees
Temp Gauges (to the right) between 2-3
I've tried with Carb heat off and on
Also with Boost cut out off and on

Nothing seems to matter. The engines run for about 10 minutes and die.

Temps are fine, boost is fine, and RPM are fine, so What am I missing? Is there a special switch I need to turn on?

JG53Frankyboy
09-26-2011, 06:51 PM
perhaps here
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23192

btw, selected inner fueltanks?
the outer ones are almost empty at 50% , watch and select the fuelgauge above your leftt shoulder

Redroach
09-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Oil Temp between 40-55 degrees
Temp Gauges (to the right) between 2-3

That's not really conservative, that's a tad high imo. Stay, absolutely STAY below 250deg Engine temps. Anything above that will blow your engines fast and 245deg is probably not too well in the long term also. Try to stay between 220-230degs.
Oil temps between 40-55 also sounds a bit high. Don't exceed 45degs except for short periods of time.
This means: Keep the rads fully open until you're airborne at least (after that, watch your gauges, YMMV). Don't go into boost cutout for more than 30s on the ground. Carb heaters don't do much below 5,5k ft except costing you 100-200 rpm.
And, sadly: Don't taxi for too long or idle for extended periods in order to re-cool your engines.

|450|Devil
10-02-2011, 04:20 AM
Lets be honest. The in-game Blenheim IV is poorly modeled in regards to its real life engine management parameters. Unfortunately this deficiency takes away much of the enjoyment that would be there if the developers had bothered to consult the RAF Blenheim IV pilot notes which are readily obtainable from a number of sources over the internet.

nakedsquirrel
10-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Ok, so here is where I was having the trouble.

The Blenheim has a 2 stage prop pitch AND a governor all in the same control. I found keeping the prop pitch below 60% worked. I think my prop pitch was around 30 % while cruising.

Oil temps should be around 40-50

The temp that does matter is the (air?) temp on the right which should never exceed 250

I was able to both overcool and overheat my engine without loosing it (as long as I throttled back and managed my radiator to return to optimal engine temps.)

Redroach
10-08-2011, 09:48 AM
The Blenheim has a 2 stage prop pitch AND a governor all in the same control. I found keeping the prop pitch below 60% worked. I think my prop pitch was around 30 % while cruising.

what? Could you explain this a little, pls?

Scavenger
10-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Unfortunately this deficiency takes away much of the enjoyment that would be there if the developers had bothered to consult the RAF Blenheim IV pilot notes which are readily obtainable from a number of sources over the internet.
do you have one? Can you share it with us?