PDA

View Full Version : Question for script guys? I want my AI to re-check their target's pos every 30sec

hc_wolf
09-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Hi guys,

You will see in my scripting I use many mixed scripts. But I notice on AI air units. That when they have long flights or targets set when they spawn. The Air target has moved from the area. So the plane gets there and circles.

I want my AI to re-check their target's pos every 30sec. Or just select next nearest Air unit every 30 sec. Any ideas???

Latest mission uploads here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26096

adonys
09-25-2011, 10:27 AM
the idea would be to use dynamic flight paths..

ie have the code add new waypoints (with new eventually new targets) once the old waypoint is reached and the intended target was not there).. it's like ground control issuing new updated target positions and modify interception unit's path accordingly

hc_wolf
09-25-2011, 10:56 AM
the idea would be to use dynamic flight paths..

ie have the code add new waypoints (with new eventually new targets) once the old waypoint is reached and the intended target was not there).. it's like ground control issuing new updated target positions and modify interception unit's path accordingly

Thanks Adonys,

My script already does that. When it reaches target it does some flying round then hunts. But I would like to alter the script so that during flight it alters waypoint to nearest target.

It almost needs a loop time script so that say every 60 seconds until it reaches its waypoint, that is searcers for closest enemy air target.

adonys
09-25-2011, 11:59 AM
I was saying exactly the same: you need to do that new waypoint assignment in real-time, during the mission (and not only at mission's generation). If I am remembering right, it was already done as a nexample in Cross Roundel mp map naarvy's script (in which he dynamically assigned new waypoints and targets to ground groups during the mission)..

Ataros
09-25-2011, 08:42 PM
I think onTickGame method should be used to repeat target pos checks every 60 seconds.

hc_wolf
09-27-2011, 05:41 AM
Hi guys,

Would this code look ok for making the AI airgroups re-check their targets ever 34 seconds?

/////////////////check ai air waypoints and set new task ever 34 sec.

AiAirGroup airGroup = actor as AiAirGroup;
if (Time.tickCounter ()% 34 == 0) / / 34 Ticks should be a second
if ((airGroup != null) || (1) || (2))
{
SetNewTask(airGroup);
AiAirGroup[] eGroups = GamePlay.gpAirGroups((airGroup.Army() == 1) ? 2 : 1);
if (eGroups != null)
foreach (AiAirGroup eGroup in eGroups)
{
if (eGroup != null)
{
if ((eGroup.hasCourseWeapon()) && ((airGroup.isAircraftType(AircraftType.Fighter)) || (airGroup.isAircraftType(AircraftType.HeavyFighter ))))
{
AiWayPoint[] chkWP = eGroup.GetWay();
bool res = true;
foreach (AiWayPoint eWP in chkWP)
{
AiAirWayPoint aAWP = (eWP as AiAirWayPoint);
if ((aAWP.Action != AiAirWayPointType.HUNTING) || (aAWP.Action != AiAirWayPointType.NORMFLY) || ((aAWP.Action == AiAirWayPointType.AATTACK_BOMBERS) && (aAWP.Target != null) && (aAWP.Target.IsValid())) || ((aAWP.Action == AiAirWayPointType.AATTACK_BOMBERS) && (aAWP.Target != null) && (aAWP.Target.IsValid())))
{
res = false;
break;
}
}
if (res)
{
SetNewFighterTask(eGroup, airGroup);
}
}
}
}
}

Ataros
09-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Do you insert this into OnTickGame method?

Maybe you need to delete an old waypoint after the new one is created.

Checking every second (30 ticks ~ 1 second) could be too much load on server if you have many airgroups. I know that bombers look for targets within 5 km radius automatically. Probably fighters do at least the same. Therefore you do not have to adjust waypoint every second.