PDA

View Full Version : London

whatnot
09-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Gentlemen,

I'm going to London with the missus and would love to add some close by ww2 aviation museums or other attractions to the agenga just for her pleasure. Is there something in reach without too much travelling?

Any thoughts?

pupo162
09-23-2011, 09:39 PM
imperial war museum has some stuff, and the the science museum (? not sure of name) has a lot of other stuff wich is nice. but of these are "must-go" for any turist, so it shouldnt be hard to convince the missus to go there.

bongodriver
09-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Theres also the RAF hendon museum, pretty good.

whatnot
09-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Tnx mates! Both IWM and RAF Museum seem to be a tube raid away, I think I'll inject them to our path and pamper her with quality historical experience. :cool:

Helrza
09-24-2011, 08:40 AM
I know you said without too much travelling, but u can catch a train from london central/ kings cross station up to cambridge and visit Duxford air museum. bout and hour to get there or so if i remember correctly, but worth the trip :)

whatnot
09-24-2011, 07:00 PM
I'll see what I can do, but that might be too challenging to justify with 'it's right there in our path anyway' theory that I plan to use ;-)

But Duxford and many others will be part of my Normandy-UK WW2 swing one day once I get around to it.

danjama
09-24-2011, 07:57 PM
If visiting the RAF Museum (and you better!) get off ay Colindale station, not Hendon.

The Museum is great, just don't expect much from the rude/uneducated staff (mostly, except for a couple of old blokes I got talking to once).

Helrza
09-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I'll see what I can do, but that might be too challenging to justify with 'it's right there in our path anyway' theory that I plan to use ;-)

hehehehe, thats understandable :D

It wasnt in our way either when we were over there, but i made my wife go :P she had no choice lmfao :D :D

xnomad
09-25-2011, 05:35 AM
The Imperial War Museum is good but unfortunately it's free so it's often packed with kids running around touching everything and getting in your way. :evil:

Don't get me wrong I love kids but when I'm in a museum I like quiet, I want to read and study objects and not have kids pushing in the way all the time. Every museum should have a 'kids free day'. :grin: