PDA

View Full Version : 109 F4 recovery

Richie
09-21-2011, 04:36 PM
I thought this was pretty cool. I'm glad it wasn't wasted. Even a 109 can look smaller when it's laying flat. Seems impossible for a 109 to get any smaller :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2V-ejy3cNE&feature=channel_video_title

Ze-Jamz
09-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Cool

JG52Krupi
09-21-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't think I would have liked to have known about my own aircrafts history if they flew that again from a field repair!!! I thought they would have stripped it for spares.

Richie
09-21-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't think I would have liked to have known about my own aircrafts history if they flew that again from a field repair!!! I thought they would have stripped it for spares.

Learning about the constant problems they had in Russia from the 2 books I've read Lipfert's and Hartmann's I bet the only thing wrong with it is the engine up and quit. It seems every other sortie Lipfert's guns were jamming or something else was going wrong.

JG52Krupi
09-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Learning about the constant problems they had in Russia from the 2 books I've read Lipfert's and Hartmann's I bet the only thing wrong with it is the engine up and quit.

The blond knight of germany? I read that too but I was more worried about the damage to the aircraft structure from dragging it around like that lol

Richie
09-21-2011, 06:28 PM
The blond knight of germany? I read that too but I was more worried about the damage to the aircraft structure from dragging it around like that lol

Yes.

I don't think that would be a problem. Any little dents could be fixed easily. Aircraft aluminum is tougher than a lot of people think.

Richie
09-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Ilya should take a look at this. Maybe we can have it as an option for the Russian add on. Ditch near the base and get a tow home :)