PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Bullets vs Adamantium Engines

zanzark
09-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Today I was playing the british campaign, 6th mission I think, when lots of HE-111 comes to attack our island and I noticed some points:

1 - He-111 Engines are totally immune to my bullets (Spit), probably made out of adamantium.

2 - I nailed a million bullets to a bomber, and it continues to fly like nothing happened.

3 - The gunners didn't even wake up! As they took about 40 seconds to start firing, and when they did, it's just for some seconds.

4 - After unloading all of Churchills bullets into the bomber, he shot me twice, and my plane was destroyed.

5 - I tried the mission again, went for a bomber, in the first shot, it's wing fell out. And it broke in a place I did not hit.

Are those issues scheduled to be fixed or will I have to wait for 119 patches as in IL2?

esmiol
09-21-2011, 03:47 PM
1. the engine are not immune... you probably not touch the motor at the right place to make real dammage :)

2. that can happen... if you don't touch an vital part of the plane...this one will go on to fly with no real dammage. in fact it is realistic because 7,7mm bullet on hurri or spit are not good at all to make dommage... english will understand this later and change for 12,7mm with better performance. during the bob... most of time... Two or three fighter were necessary to destroy a bomber. i suggest you to make front attack and shoot the cockpit or attack by up or down side... the shoot at just 6 O'clock of a plane and at same level are less effective.

3. The gunners are really bad and don't act quickly enough...IA must be fixed.

4. german using 9,72 who is more effective than 7,7. and by the way... they shoot directly your engine because you are rear the plane... your bullet most of time touch the wings of a plane and not his engine.

5. sometimes you can have the luck to shoot just in a vital area. just in the fixation of wings...or sometimes just in the fuel and it explose. that is not a bug...it is just a question of aiming and shooting at the right place with the right munition.

Tavingon
09-21-2011, 04:59 PM
1. the engine are not immune... you probably not touch the motor at the right place to make real dammage :)

2. that can happen... if you don't touch an vital part of the plane...this one will go on to fly with no real dammage. in fact it is realistic because 7,7mm bullet on hurri or spit are not good at all to make dommage... english will understand this later and change for 12,7mm with better performance. during the bob... most of time... Two or three fighter were necessary to destroy a bomber. i suggest you to make front attack and shoot the cockpit or attack by up or down side... the shoot at just 6 O'clock of a plane and at same level are less effective.

3. The gunners are really bad and don't act quickly enough...IA must be fixed.

4. german using 9,72 who is more effective than 7,7. and by the way... they shoot directly your engine because you are rear the plane... your bullet most of time touch the wings of a plane and not his engine.

5. sometimes you can have the luck to shoot just in a vital area. just in the fixation of wings...or sometimes just in the fuel and it explose. that is not a bug...it is just a question of aiming and shooting at the right place with the right munition.

Get closer and spray that glass!

zanzark
09-29-2011, 03:32 PM
I had unlimited ammo, I shot the engine with a ridiculous ammount of bullets.

I was flying at 20m distance, as the bomber's gunners were sleeping.

That really needs to be checked.

335th_GRAthos
09-30-2011, 09:42 AM
I was flying at 20m distance.

Oh, that reminds me to bring up the point, you get best results when you set the guns convergence to a distance of your preference and then shoot at the bomber from that distance.
This will concentrate your "weak" bullets on the same area thus maximize the impact.

Sometimes, correct gun convergence works miracles ;)

~S~

Stealth_Eagle
09-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Logically another factor that comes slightly into play is belting. My custom ammo belts are historical minus the occasional tracer. In theory, mass bomber kills are possible (I have gotten 5 in full real minus external views on the low altitude intercept) when you aim for critical weak points. I personally find a general weak point is when the wing meets the body of the aircraft for single seat fighters. As for bombers, never stay parked on a bombers tail for too long but rather try this: fly above the bombers and target the top of the aircraft since the target will be bigger but you need to watch out for running into them as well as be proficient at leading.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-01-2011, 11:53 AM
I have similar issues when firing in my 109 at Spits (online). I do score hits with nice optical explosions that go away as quickly. But never ever have I managed to flame a spit or rip off a wing. I however got flamed badly twice consecutively by a red pilot. That is annoying. I always thought it was firepower the principal advantage of the blue planes; even if the 109 is not a 190 I would expect a little advantage. And I still don't feel any advantage with the M-Geschoss.

TomcatViP
10-01-2011, 12:20 PM
As for bombers, never stay parked on a bombers tail for too long but rather try this: fly above the bombers and target the top of the aircraft since the target will be bigger but you need to watch out for running into them as well as be proficient at leading.

Use a heavy foot on your rudder pedals to "drift" your trajectory. In other term your plane nose will be pointed toward your target but your actual flight path wld be offset with no risk of collision (by the way the 109 had a superior rudder authority that was recognized after the war has being an ace making characteristic)

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Use a heavy foot on your rudder pedals to "drift" your trajectory. In other term your plane nose will be pointed toward your target but your actual flight path wld be offset with no risk of collision (by the way the 109 had a superior rudder authority that was recognized after the war has being an ace making characteristic)

Another thing that is missing in the sim. I practically cannot make last moment corrections with the rudder.

TomcatViP
10-03-2011, 07:12 PM
I can see a huge diff regarding this point flying the hurri compared to the 109