PDA

View Full Version : Optimistically Patient...Wings of Victory II is helping

vtvyper
09-17-2011, 09:59 PM
I picked up CLOD and am sure that long term it's going to be fantastic. Their support track record is just too good and the game will only evolve for the better with time.

While I wait for more polishing (especially the poor AI, my F-16 with 3,000 psi hydraulics can't match what these cable driven ailerons do!), I'm finding WoV II to be a great fill-in. I picked it up based on something I read here ($14) and have found it to be a good looking, good flying temporary fix.

danjama
09-18-2011, 01:16 AM
WoV updated to the latest version and with the skin mod is simply brilliant. The terrain is improved beyond imagination, compared to its original form. The cockpits look good, and the flight models mean dogfighting/surviving are a challenge. It makes a nice change to fs9/1946.

planespotter
09-22-2011, 11:02 AM
There is no reason not to have all modern prop sims, with BOB2 so cheap. If you want to fly the best looking, most realistic machines choose Cliffs of Dover, if you want to have the best single player dogfighting and campaigns, choose BOB2.

Oh and if you want the best looking 1940 English terrain, clouds, weather and airfields choose Wings of Prey.

Why not?

Trumper
09-22-2011, 07:56 PM
There is no reason not to have all modern prop sims, with BOB2 so cheap. If you want to fly the best looking, most realistic machines choose Cliffs of Dover, if you want to have the best single player dogfighting and campaigns, choose BOB2.

Oh and if you want the best looking 1940 English terrain, clouds, weather and airfields choose Wings of Prey.

Why not?

+1 i have never understood why people pick sides when you can have all of them :)
It is a shame they can't get the best bits from all of them and put them together into a perfect sim.

too-cool
09-22-2011, 10:40 PM
+1 i have never understood why people pick sides when you can have all of them :)
It is a shame they can't get the best bits from all of them and put them together into a perfect sim.

$$$$ That's why. TC