PDA

View Full Version : What about a workgroup, collaboration and tutoring for, by and from skinners?

Madfish
09-17-2011, 11:54 AM
With the requests coming in I'm asking because I believe that there are a number of capable people out there that could work on providing CloD with great skins. Some need a bit of tutoring, others may work on skins but can't finish them due to time constraints and others are eventually ending up with a duplicate since someone else completed a request first. Eventually we could make skinning better and easier?

If we used a central place of storage, for example a dropbox/teamdrive or something, along with a simple list who works on what plane/s etc. it could really help avoiding overlaps and also we could distribute the workload.

We could also discuss and share techniques. Or maybe some are better at re-creating sprayed textures and others are better with vector tasks like squad logos etc. that could even be re-used in future skins.

Also I haven't skinned for 1946 or CloD yet and on my first try (while overlaying an 8px grid) I ran into trouble finding the right overlaps between the different skin parts. So I'd love to have some way of exchange with fellow skinners who could maybe share tips and techniques solving this.

So in summary I'd see these aspects:
- having a place to talk and interact or at least a group of contacts
- having a central file storage to share vector parts etc. (squad signs etc.)
- exchanging experiences and techniques
- preventing working on the same requests
- collaborating on bigger projects / sharing the workload / avoiding "dead" files
- helping newcomers to get started with either making tutorials available or teaching them if necessary and qualified enough

Please share your thoughts, no matter if you like or dislike the idea. :)

Gamekeeper
09-17-2011, 04:04 PM
We at airwarfare (http://airwarfare.com) would be happy to assist with developing such a resource for skinners (or any type of development for CoD).

- having a place to talk and interact or at least a group of contacts
- exchanging experiences and techniques
- preventing working on the same requests
- collaborating on bigger projects / sharing the workload / avoiding "dead" files

We can provide public or private developers forums to cover all requirements for people working individually or in groups.

-If we used a central place of storage, for example a dropbox/teamdrive or something, along with a simple list who works on what plane/s etc. it could really help avoiding overlaps and also we could distribute the workload.

- having a central file storage to share vector parts etc. (squad signs etc.)
We have a fully featured downloads system, categories can be expanded to provide for any requirements. Authors maintain ownership and control of their files. Files can be restricted to certain groups

- helping newcomers to get started with either making tutorials available or teaching them if necessary and qualified enough

We have a knowledge base that is flexible and can cover any requirements for tutorials, text, audio and visual.