PDA

View Full Version : Two copies of CoD, one modded one default?

shoot_the_goose
09-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Is it possible to have two copies of CoD on the same machine , one with mods and the other default? A switcher would be great with a one click switch between the modded copy and the default copy.:)

shoot_the_goose
09-16-2011, 01:58 PM
I suppose the easiest way at the moment would be to turn auto updates off, make a copy of the il2 folder , rename the original folder .Then just switch between the two by renaming the il2 folders each time.:)

Madfish
09-16-2011, 03:07 PM
There are a ton of solutions. :) I know there is some switcher program going around but here's another suggestion:

As steam is basically a portable software and can be run from wherever you put it, all you need to do is copy steam itself. In that copied steam client you can alter all the files etc. Also it might be possible to put the modded version to offline mode.

335th_GRAthos
09-18-2011, 08:06 AM
I use a much simpler solution.

Copy the whole CoD directory from your steam common applications folder on another part of your hard disk and rename it to a name of your liking (e.g. CoD beta1557 - original)

Copy (again) the whole CoD directory from your steam common applications folder on another part of your hard disk and rename it to a name of your liking (e.g. CoD beta1557 - MOD)

Make a shortcut of Launcher.EXE from "CoD beta1557 - original" on your desktop and rename it "COD Original"
Make a shortcut of Launcher.EXE from "CoD beta1557 - MOD" on your desktop and rename it "CoD MOD"

Start the game from the shortcut...

Three things:
#1 Steam must be running in the background

#2 Your user profile and conf.ini settings will be the same in all three games (a. The Steam directory CoD, b. the "CoD beta1557 - original", c. the "CoD beta1557 - MOD"

#3 If you ever update your CoD programm files through STEAM (new patch etc) you have to copy again CoD from the Steam directory into two new directories.

I hope it may be of help.

~S~

shoot_the_goose
09-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Thank you both I'll take a look