PDA

View Full Version : bird without feathers

pedalracer
09-15-2011, 11:19 AM
Dear group

I hope I may write and ask here for initial and may be later more detailed helped if my flying experience continues.

I just received my first Il2 product yesterday. Namely, Cliffs of Dover.
Well, I was and am still a bit frustrated cause there was no printed handbook or whatever in my box than the DVD and serial.

So, I am a bird without feathers.

First,
can you give me some reading points where to start learning fast?
Any tutorials or videos available for beginners?
I am 37 years and yes I started playing PC and flight 'sims' with something around 11y....
Ace of Aces and all those stuff over Wings and Falcon and ....

But as I grew older games lost their fascination - except SilentHunterIII - ... I bought Wings of Prey and got bored after 15 min...

Then I thought, ok let's see what it is all about IL2.

So, here I am.

Still no good stick setup etc. So, that is were I should begin.
First: Does anybody here share with me a nice control.ini for a Thrustmaster FLightstsick X?
Yes, no Hotas, since that is to expensive at the moment and my old Saitek is flawed.

Second, is there a nice place to start reading and learning as a beginner as I am?

PS:
My mother tongue is German, so please forgive my valley English and writing errors.
PSS:
I got from a racing game some pedals. Is there a chance I could use them with a 'generic' or modded driver with COD? It's a Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP.

bongodriver
09-15-2011, 11:24 AM
There is a .pdf manual in the main game directory in steam.....steam/steamapps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover.

there are manuals in a few languages including german, but from reading a few posts here the manual is still a litle vague on some aspects.

and welcome to the wonderfull world of computer flight simming..

pedalracer
09-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Thank you for your advice.

Thing is I knew that pdf manual but it is more than spare. We live in 2011 and not in 1978 were manuals might have worked that way.

So, I will have to look further on for some written assistance before I can take off :)

TomcatViP
09-15-2011, 02:18 PM
At first you have to ask yourself which plane you would like to fly.

Then hve a look there : http://www.2gvsap.org/flea/OP2GvSAPINST_3710.1A.pdf

After some brief flight come back on the forum to ask what ever you 'd like to know

What ever might be on your way be patient as CoD experience worth the time spent.

~S!