PDA

View Full Version : 1970's Super 8mm footage shows Vulcan Bomber + Lancaster aerobatics at Royal Show

Mysticpuma
09-12-2011, 12:44 PM
My Aunt recently passed away and while my Uncle was going through the belongings he found some old Super 8mm footage she had shot. He had them transferred them to a DVD and for the first time this-week I saw the films.

Now most of them are family memorabilia, but she did carry her camera with her a lot and on one of her trips to The Royal Show in Warwickshire (I make the assumption mid to late 70's) she recorded some low-passes by A Vulcan Bomber, a Lancaster Bomber, the Red Arrows and also some other aircraft I can't make out.

I have uploaded the clip (just over a minute long as sadly film was a luxury then for her) to youtube so anyone interested can view it.

There was no sound on the clip so I have left it as is.

Hope you enjoy it, cheers, MP

Watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuapUrUx3ig

After watching the clip I can appreciate just how large it was but also how 'daring' the pilots could be with low-level passes.

Skoshi Tiger
09-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Thank you very much.

retrojet
09-13-2011, 04:02 AM
Very cool!
I remember a vulcan flying low over our council estate, probably 70's too. It was such beautiful design for the time. Stopped every one in their tracks, might as well of been a UFO!

Thanks for the memory!
:)

Ps. Tempted to guess at hurries, but definitely hard to tell...

ATAG_Doc
09-13-2011, 04:15 AM
Thanks for sharing great find!

ATAG_Dutch
09-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Those were the days....

Woodford airshow every year and the Scampton Darts still flew Gnats.

Go check out XH558 at a show soon.

Cheers MP.;)