PDA

View Full Version : So now I must eat hypothetical crow...

reverend66
09-08-2011, 04:59 AM
I played the original IL-2 and all of its sequals, upgrades, mods, etc. since launch so I have been waiting for this game for years. I saw the launch mired with multiple problems, pushed out the door early by the publisher. I many times wanted to chime in that the series was ruined, game broken, THE MAN WAS AFTER ME AND MY $50!.. but I controlled myself. So I waited....
Well, the time finally came where the mythical beta patch was released (I for one thought the day would not come). So tonight I bit the bullet & spent that life or death $40 (it's been discounted a bit) and downloaded and patched. Even without having the original launch to compare it to this game is definately ready for prime time.
So, with that said I am ready to eat this hypothetical crow I so rightly deserve. Had I bought the game at launch & been relegated to spend my days complaining, demanding my money back, and in general fighting the man.

Sincerely,
Rev

Vengeanze
09-08-2011, 05:19 AM
A quick look in the bugthread and my guess is you'll soon be one of us. ;-)

Chivas
09-08-2011, 05:59 AM
The whole point of a Beta is to find bugs, which doesn't seem to be a problem, but things are definitely improving.

Vengeanze
09-08-2011, 07:54 AM
The whole point of a Beta is to find bugs, which doesn't seem to be a problem, but things are definitely improving.

They smeared the hole sim with sound and haze. Like a 16 year old girl with acne who put on a thick layer of coverup.

The point with a Beta is to find things they didn't really knew about so that the mass of the community could find deeply hidden ones. But we got a shitload of more than obvious bugs.
It feels like a bunch of noob programmers doing trials and errors to learn how to program.
But I might not have the hole picture. Dunno what Oleg left behind.

I still love this sim and play it alot but my expectations have become more realistic to say the least. :-P

Ze-Jamz
09-08-2011, 08:14 AM
They smeared the hole sim with sound and haze. Like a 16 year old girl with acne who put on a thick layer of coverup.

The point with a Beta is to find things they didn't really knew about so that the mass of the community could find deeply hidden ones. But we got a shitload of more than obvious bugs.
It feels like a bunch of noob programmers doing trials and errors to learn how to program.

I still love this sim and play it alot but my expectations have become more realistic to say the least. :-P

Lol, i Love your positive spin on things V

Ze-Jamz
09-08-2011, 08:15 AM

Lol, i Love your positive spin on things V

Ze-Jamz
09-08-2011, 08:45 AM
kkk

Skoshi Tiger
09-08-2011, 09:08 AM
If you compare COD with a 16 girl year old covering up the blemishes with makeup then you’d have to compare the original series+mods to a 60 year old lady doing the same (using the rule of thumb that time goes 6x fast in the techno world!).

I'm not normally this politically incorrect and I really admire the loyalty of the people sticking with the original series very much, but the time I have available to play in simulated worlds is so limited that just don't have the time to learn the new Flight models AND play in the old sand pit!

Just throttling back over those proudly jutting cliffs at Dover, dropping the gear and flaps when the speed drop down enough and settling down and admiring the rounded glory of the landscape below as one comes onto short finals and anticipating the climax of another successful sortie is enough for any red blooded man!

If it wasn't illegal for a man in my profession I’d be saying give me the 16 year old any day! ;)

Rattlehead
09-08-2011, 10:52 AM
If you compare COD with a 16 girl year old covering up the blemishes with makeup then you’d have to compare the original series+mods to a 60 year old lady doing the same

So true.

Feathered_IV
09-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Snap judgments of the game after only a couple of hours use may not not be very informed

recoilfx
09-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Playing CLoD is like dating a hot girl. She always cheat on you, but you keep coming back for more. :-D

Damn, our expectations are so low, but I'd be damned if they take away my CloD :-D

Madfish
09-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Even in 2009 I had tons of issues with IL2- 1946. Also the other sims out there, Black Shark and A10 e.g. are ugly down low and performing almost equally. It's not that you can get them to run on a low end machine beautifully. At least I can't.

Yeah, the game has a few bugs but it's looking great so far and with a bit of improvement will outshine most of the titles out there. Of course it's only making sense to compare A10 to CloD since they both got released at the same time but I must say A10 looks like total mushrooms, even though it only has simple satelite terrain, and runs equally bad on most computers.

CloD isn't that bad. Or maybe it's just me... :confused: :-P

TomcatViP
09-08-2011, 01:44 PM
No it's not that bad.

CoD's is promising and improving at a fast path in interaction with players expectations